Coming in Hot! Tips?

Im2Fast_4U

I've been trying deGrom vs all 99 power vs righties, with numerous slider and difficulty changes with no luck... Just a ball through Lindor's wrist and in&out of Alonso's glove. Any recommendations from those who have it? This seems to be the toughest one to figure out. 

Edited by Im2Fast_4U
  • Like 1

Hey! For me, here's what I did:

- Veteran pitching difficulty

- Played Exhibition

- My pitcher was Nolan Ryan from Expansion Era Boomers

- Opponent is the same team

- Threw FB down the middle but always accurate

- CPU contact/power slider at the highest

- High elevation field (Shippett, Coors, etc.)

- Home team so you could restart after inning

This trophy took me time as well, but just keep doing that method and you'll run into one. Good luck!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JianClamor said:

Hey! For me, here's what I did:

- Veteran pitching difficulty

- Played Exhibition

- My pitcher was Nolan Ryan from Expansion Era Boomers

- Opponent is the same team

- Threw FB down the middle but always accurate

- CPU contact/power slider at the highest

- High elevation field (Shippett, Coors, etc.)

- Home team so you could restart after inning

This trophy took me time as well, but just keep doing that method and you'll run into one. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick response, I'll try this out asap! Did you touch the CPU Solid Hits slider at all? 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, neahcrow said:

I will keep trying your tips.  Was it a liner straight at a infielder?

In my first hour there was a 112 mph hit- commentators mentioned it- but I didn't catch it.   Haven't had any luck in several hours trying your strategy.  

I just got it using a bit of a modified setup:

-Pitch with Rob Nenn on the Long Ball Beasts

-Throw all fastballs but throw down and in every time

-Max out all CPU hitting sliders [contact, power, timing, foul frequency, solid hits]

-Max out human pitcher control and consistency

-EDIT: Difficulty set to All-Star

-EDIT: I was pitching against a custom 99ovr roster. The one I used was a 99ovr Dodgers roster from the vault someone else made, but any such roster w all 99 would do!

After changing to this approach, I was consistently getting far fewer home runs and many more line drives, all with higher exit velos. I got a lot at 114mph, and took about 15 minutes to get one hit right to a defender. Hope this helps everyone! 

Edited by Im2Fast_4U
Clarifying omission
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

I just got it using a bit of a modified setup:

-Pitch with Rob Nenn on the Long Ball Beasts

-Throw all fastballs but throw down and in every time

-Max out all CPU hitting sliders [contact, power, timing, foul frequency, solid hits]

-Max out human pitcher control and consistency

After changing to this approach, I was consistently getting far fewer home runs and many more line drives, all with higher exit velos. I got a lot at 114mph, and took about 15 minutes to get one hit right to a defender. Hope this helps everyone! 

Could you confirm the rest of the settings?  I tried your exact tips and some variations of my own before-  I'm getting plenty of 100-110 MPH but only one 110 mph+ in 45 minutes so something must be wrong.   Way more line drives when you set CPU timing to max- saw that yesterday.

So Im using Rob Nenn- I'm facing Long Ball Beasts- I tried the Mid Century fantasy team as well as opponent.  I've switched between veteran and all star.  On veteran they take a lot of pitches at times.  On All Star there are more HRs.   There definitely seems to be an improvement but there seems to be something off because I'm not getting nearly as many 110 MPH EV as you are.   I'm pitching down and in but in the zone as well.  Are you locating out of the zone?

It took me a little while but here's my setup. 110+ isn't common and 95% of them will be for a hit. Basically, try to get the batter to pull the ball to your 3rd or 1st baseman. I played on Legend pitching difficulty and just throw a fastball in the same location in the lower third of the strike zone over and over again. Thankfully, restarting the game on PS5 is super quick. I played an edited Cubs team against the NL-All Stars. I had one 110 mph catch but it didn't count for me either. Might have to be 111.

My Sliders at Max

• Human Pitcher Control
  • Human Pitcher Consistency
  • CPU Contact
  • CPU Power
  • CPU TIming
  • CPU Foul Frequency
  • CPU Solid Hits

Sliders at Min

• Fielding Errors Infield
  • Fielding Errors Outfield

The following stats I edited in Roster Control

• Starting Pitcher with Max Velocity 4 Seam FB 
  • Starting Pitcher attributes maxed out for Stamina, Clutch, Velocity and Control
  • Entire Defense attributes for max Speed, Reaction, and Fielding Ability

Pitch in bottom third of zone

Beyond that, it's just wait and pray. It's not hard and many people will naturally get it anyways but be prepared to give up a lot of long balls if grinding this at the end.

Edited by PS_4Trophies
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PS_4Trophies said:

I played an edited Cubs team against the NL-All Stars. I had one 110 mph catch but it didn't count for me either. Might have to be 111.

The Cubs roster is barren irl atm, so I understand using a modified Cubs roster! ?

The Reds as well, lol.

I got mine in the Options game that had no commentary. A liner to Eduardo Escobar at 3rd.

I was shocked. I may have been the first achiever on PS5, which is nice!

Thank you for all that you do for us gamers!

Edited by TheGoaler
Added a video

1 hour ago, PS_4Trophies said:

It took me a little while but here's my setup. 110+ isn't common and 95% of them will be for a hit. Basically, try to get the batter to pull the ball to your 3rd or 1st baseman. I played on Legend pitching difficulty and just throw a fastball in the same location in the lower third of the strike zone over and over again. Thankfully, restarting the game on PS5 is super quick. I played an edited Cubs team against the NL-All Stars. I had one 110 mph catch but it didn't count for me either. Might have to be 111.

My Sliders at Max

• Human Pitcher Control
  • Human Pitcher Consistency
  • CPU Contact
  • CPU Power
  • CPU TIming
  • CPU Foul Frequency
  • CPU Solid Hits

Sliders at Min

• Fielding Errors Infield
  • Fielding Errors Outfield

The following stats I edited in Roster Control

• Starting Pitcher with Max Velocity 4 Seam FB 
  • Starting Pitcher attributes maxed out for Stamina, Clutch, Velocity and Control
  • Entire Defense attributes for max Speed, Reaction, and Fielding Ability

Beyond that, it's just wait and pray. It's not hard and many people will naturally get it anyways but be prepared to give up a lot of long balls if grinding this at the end.

I must say thank you for this i went and edited the blue jays and was just about to give up when a hard liner went straight to springer and the trophy popped and platinum thanks so much for the tips everyone.

• Like 1

I haven't gotten around to this on PS5 yet given the issue with the DD trophy I already posted, but on PS4, I got it with a similar setup to what PS4_trophies said, but I also made every hitter a lefty, made all hitters a extreme pull hitter and pitched as a lefty throwing only sinkers about 1/4 the way up the strike zone.  It seemed like lefty/lefty would result in a lot more pulled balls hit hard than righty batter/lefty pitcher.  I shifted both the infield and outfield to the pull side, and made the outfielders play shallow.  It seemed like the 110mphers would always normally land between the infield and outfield.  When I got it on PS4, the ball was hit directly at my drawn in right fielder.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neahcrow said:

Could you confirm the rest of the settings?  I tried your exact tips and some variations of my own before-  I'm getting plenty of 100-110 MPH but only one 110 mph+ in 45 minutes so something must be wrong.   Way more line drives when you set CPU timing to max- saw that yesterday.

So Im using Rob Nenn- I'm facing Long Ball Beasts- I tried the Mid Century fantasy team as well as opponent.  I've switched between veteran and all star.  On veteran they take a lot of pitches at times.  On All Star there are more HRs.   There definitely seems to be an improvement but there seems to be something off because I'm not getting nearly as many 110 MPH EV as you are.   I'm pitching down and in but in the zone as well.  Are you locating out of the zone?

I will edit my post accordingly, but my omissions were being on All-Star pitching difficulty and using a 99ovr custom Dodgers roster from the vault. Any 99ovr roster will do, edited by yourself or from someone else. Apologies for that!! 

Edited by Im2Fast_4U

Yeah I'm just baffled at this point.  You said you had several at 110 MPH+ in 15 minutes.  Another 30-45 minutes session and not a single ball hit over 110 MPH.  Several from 100-109.  Caught a 108 MPH.  Haven't seen any hit even be over 110 MPH.  Playing with the maxed out 99 Dodgers roster and I took the Cubs and maxed everyone out on fielding.  All-Star.  All sliders as stated above.  I guess its just bad RNG luck but I don't understand why I'm not seeing as many over 110 MPH.  I'm about to try legend pitching.  

MLB The Show always has one of these frustrating RNG trophies but this might take the top one.  Only one 110+ hit in 90 minutes.  One 113 MPH grounder. A ton between 100-110.  What type of pitching mode are you using?  I just can't understand how you are getting several 110+ MPH EV every 15 minutes.  Using the same exact settings.

im just using classic pitching at this point where you just select the pitch and location.   Are you using pulse, analog etc?    I don't know why there would be such a big variance.  And when you say down and in- I aim every fastball inside the bottom inside third of the strike zone for the player if they are R or L.  Is that what you are doing?

4 hours ago, neahcrow said:

MLB The Show always has one of these frustrating RNG trophies but this might take the top one.  Only one 110+ hit in 90 minutes.  One 113 MPH grounder. A ton between 100-110.  What type of pitching mode are you using?  I just can't understand how you are getting several 110+ MPH EV every 15 minutes.  Using the same exact settings.

im just using classic pitching at this point where you just select the pitch and location.   Are you using pulse, analog etc?    I don't know why there would be such a big variance.  And when you say down and in- I aim every fastball inside the bottom inside third of the strike zone for the player if they are R or L.  Is that what you are doing?

I used pulse pitching on All-Star pitching difficulty. Higher up I found was too many HRs and dropping it kept more in play. I used Rob Nenn on the Long Ball Beasts, as he has a 99velo rating for his fastball. I found his was the only one that worked, while deGrom and Sixto Sanchez did not. And yes, you are pitching in the correct location: the corner of the strike zone made up of the bottom third of the zone and the inner third closest to the batter’s legs. Definitely the worst RNG trophy I can recall since 15. 

Edited by Im2Fast_4U

Well another hour spent. I tried pulse for 20 minutes, classic for 20 and meter for 20.  Only one over 110.  A 487 ft trea turner HR.  Three at 110 mph exactly.  Didn't catch them anyway. 

Been using Nenn the whole time vs the dodgers 99 roster on all star.  Maybe try Clase to try something different?

Took 3-4 hours to get all other trophies.  Been going for this trophy for over 6 hours now.   I've only seen 115 mph once in those 6 hours. 

1 hour ago, neahcrow said:

Well another hour spent. I tried pulse for 20 minutes, classic for 20 and meter for 20.  Only one over 110.  A 487 ft trea turner HR.  Three at 110 mph exactly.  Didn't catch them anyway. 

Are you playing the game at Coors Field? 

i seem to be having issues with it as well even with the sliders and max pitching, could someone show the best location to use to get a lineout, i got trolled like 4 times at 109

Edited by lucky0ne16

5 hours ago, lukesttn said:

I followed the advice above with teams, sliders etc but switched the game to retro mode. Got it immediately. :) 

thanks, i did it second game on retro mode, not sure why the mode is better

16 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i seem to be having issues with it as well even with the sliders and max pitching, could someone show the best location to use to get a lineout, i got trolled like 4 times at 109

Retro mode worked for me with in a few games. Might be the way to do it for everyone else that’s doesn’t have it yet.