Is there a mistake in the guide?

[about the trophy "Rational mind"]

It's impossible to make a "only head run" and keep the gun 'till the end of the game. Because the choice (outside the cat house) of keeping the gun is a heart choice. if You choose "head" Angela keeps the gun and throw it away. Maybe you need to make no  choice and say "don't say anything"?

P.S. hope I have explained. English is not my language.

Have a nice day.

That’ll be for your head only playthrough? The description for Rational Mind itself says that these choices are mostly head, which means you can choose the heart decision which lets you keep the gun. So you can’t do Rational Mind and Heads Only in the same run, because you need the gun to help get the rational trait 

• 2 weeks later...

If there are only 2 heart options for dialogue, it is ok to choose one of them and still be eligible for a "heads only" run!  Did a heads only run while saving everyone even though in order to save Angela, you have to make a heart choice at the bridge and was able to keep the gun throughout the whole game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

it could very well be glitchy; out of the 2 head and heart only runs I've done, it's never glitched.  I know every time I chose a heart option on heads only, I would look at the pause menu to check if it said "you have made only choices with your head where possible" to make sure I was still on track.  Also the great thing about this game over Man of Medan, is when you go to chapter select, it should show you if you made head, heart or both choices in which chapter.  As for whether or not you can just replay the one chapter if you messed up, I'm not sure if that would still pop the trophy.

I was using the PSNP guide and it definitely does a good job of describing the stages and trophy requirements. But it doesn't really knit it all together to a point where it can be followed smoothly. You need a step-by-step walkthrough for this kind of game if you are trying to get all the trophies in my opinion. I actually used True Achievements for both Little Hope and House of Ashes. The person that wrote those guides did a fantastic job and I 100% recommend them, they literally record every step and input you need in a really comprehensive way from the beginning of the run to the end. I recently got done with House of Ashes and once I did my first blind run, I used their walkthrough and it worked really well too.

Little hope walkthrough

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
I use the same topic to report something else: method number 2 for the "No Escaping Fate" trophy DOES NOT WORK.
I rehearsed last night, got to the ruined house with all the characters alive and then made Mary die.
All were later killed by the demons in the house, but the trophy did not unlock.
This is really silly: if the result is right, why not unlock the trophy?

• 6 months later...

I don’t want to disparage the guide author’s and their work, as these games are complex and it’s clear they put a lot of effort into writing the trophy descriptions. But as a roadmap or platinum walkthrough I would not recommend the PSNP guide as it definitely has some major mistakes and omissions.

I started following Step 1 of the Roadmap which recommends combing a Heads Only run + Salvation trophy (save everyone) + Rational Mind. This is seemingly impossible.

• Rational Mind requires you to keep the gun very early in the game which conflicts with Heads Only run.
  • Giving Taylor the knife is a Heart option, conflicting with Heads Only.
  • Without having either the gun or knife, the only way to keep Taylor alive during the chapter ‘Low Point’ is to choose to save her rather than Daniel. Saving her is a Heart decision though, which will void your Heads Only run.
  • I tested it and choosing to let the timer run out rather than make a choice will still lead to her death and void the Salvation trophy.

I’ve now voided Salvation and Rational Mind because of this and likely increased my playtime drastically. I will play until the end and pray that the Heads Only trophy pops, but I’m a bit paranoid as I was forced to choose a Heart option to save Angela from certain death during ‘The Crossing’ chapter — something else the guide also fails to mention in the walkthrough for the Salvation trophy. My Heads Only run appears to be in tact right now, but I’ve read a lot of people reporting it being glitchy and not popping so I’m a little worried about it no matter what the game says.

*Sigh*

This game is already turning into a huge pain in my ass as I’ve had to replay chapters numerous times to fix or test things already, and I’m only on my first playthrough! I should have just played it blindly for pure fun like I normally do… the only reason I opted not to was because the last game Man of Medan took me like 6 or 7 playthroughs or something ridiculous like that and I was hoping to shave some time off this time around. ?‍♂️ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2022 at 10:53 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I don’t want to disparage the guide author’s and their work, as these games are complex and it’s clear they put a lot of effort into writing the trophy descriptions. But as a roadmap or platinum walkthrough I would not recommend the PSNP guide as it definitely has some major mistakes and omissions.

I started following Step 1 of the Roadmap which recommends combing a Heads Only run + Salvation trophy (save everyone) + Rational Mind. This is seemingly impossible.

• Rational Mind requires you to keep the gun very early in the game which conflicts with Heads Only run.
  • Giving Taylor the knife is a Heart option, conflicting with Heads Only.
  • Without having either the gun or knife, the only way to keep Taylor alive during the chapter ‘Low Point’ is to choose to save her rather than Daniel. Saving her is a Heart decision though, which will void your Heads Only run.
  • I tested it and choosing to let the timer run out rather than make a choice will still lead to her death and void the Salvation trophy.

I’ve now voided Salvation and Rational Mind because of this and likely increased my playtime drastically. I will play until the end and pray that the Heads Only trophy pops, but I’m a bit paranoid as I was forced to choose a Heart option to save Angela from certain death during ‘The Crossing’ chapter — something else the guide also fails to mention in the walkthrough for the Salvation trophy. My Heads Only run appears to be in tact right now, but I’ve read a lot of people reporting it being glitchy and not popping so I’m a little worried about it no matter what the game says.

*Sigh*

This game is already turning into a huge pain in my ass as I’ve had to replay chapters numerous times to fix or test things already, and I’m only on my first playthrough! I should have just played it blindly for pure fun like I normally do… the only reason I opted not to was because the last game Man of Medan took me like 6 or 7 playthroughs or something ridiculous like that and I was hoping to shave some time off this time around. ?‍♂️ 

Thank you for the detaled report!

I've been researching, and I've seen multiple posts regarding such discrepancies, the guide itself has 3 out 5 stars, the guide on TA is much more detailed and suggest 7 playthroughs (i think 4 full + 3 partial).

Won't even bother trying this, don't want to be unfair as I've not double checked the guide myself, but at this point I have to lean on the cautious side and assume guide is partially wrong... thank you again for going through the trouble of compiling this info.

On 2022-12-15 at 1:22 PM, IsOliveiras said:

Thank you for the detaled report!

I've been researching, and I've seen multiple posts regarding such discrepancies, the guide itself has 3 out 5 stars, the guide on TA is much more detailed and suggest 7 playthroughs (i think 4 full + 3 partial).

Won't even bother trying this, don't want to be unfair as I've not double checked the guide myself, but at this point I have to lean on the cautious side and assume guide is partially wrong... thank you again for going through the trouble of compiling this info.

No problem, just hope it saves someone else the trouble.

In the end it wasn’t too bad, it required an extra run + some partials to clean up but didn’t turn out to be as much of a clusterfuck as Man of Medan was for me. I would definitely recommend sticking with either the TA or PST guides though. 4 playthroughs is a more realistic estimate for the platinum, assuming you don’t make any mistakes. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 5:12 AM, BaseLuna429 said:

[about the trophy "Rational mind"]

It's impossible to make a "only head run" and keep the gun 'till the end of the game. Because the choice (outside the cat house) of keeping the gun is a heart choice. if You choose "head" Angela keeps the gun and throw it away. Maybe you need to make no  choice and say "don't say anything"?

P.S. hope I have explained. English is not my language.

Have a nice day.

In the dialogue with Angela, isn't the choice to mention the gun or keep it secret a head/head decision? I kept the gun on my all heads run and still got the trophy. 

• 1 month later...

I'm two playthroughs in (one solo head-only, one movie night heart-only), and so far the guide has been almost entirely correct. You 100% can keep the gun on your head only playthrough. Both options after you find the gun are Head, so if you tell Angela you should get back to John, you can keep it on both your head-only and heart-only playthroughs. And as long as you have the gun, you can save both Daniel and Taylor in Low Point.

The only things I've noticed so far:

- Headstrong won't pop automatically on your Heart playthrough when you find the tire swing; it depends on Daniel's reaction. If he believes you, you get two Heart options, so select Paranoid.

- The heart-only playthrough will probably get you Fate Worse than Death, not That Dream is Your Enemy. The individual trophy description calls out that getting the "everyone dies" ending requires both head and heart choices, so the roadmap is wrong.

- It's much easier to get The Odd Couple and Solid as a Rock on your 3rd playthrough, since both head-only and heart-only will cost you a lot of relationship points.

The TrueAchievements guide is certainly more thorough and explicit about the instructions, but that doesn't make the PSNP guide wrong. Three playthroughs i