BaseLuna429

Is there a mistake in the guide?

11 posts in this topic

[about the trophy "Rational mind"]

It's impossible to make a "only head run" and keep the gun 'till the end of the game. Because the choice (outside the cat house) of keeping the gun is a heart choice. if You choose "head" Angela keeps the gun and throw it away. Maybe you need to make no  choice and say "don't say anything"?

P.S. hope I have explained. English is not my language.

Have a nice day.

For the Rational Mind trophy I’m sure what I did was make only head choices -other- than the things specified in the guide (keeping the gun, “wait for a clear shot” etc) so it’s not technically  a full head run 

Quote from the guide: "If one choice is Head and the other is Heart you MUST pick the Head option.

And i chose "HEAD"

In that way Angela keeps the gun and throw it away making impossibile to have the gun 'till the end of the game.

That’ll be for your head only playthrough? The description for Rational Mind itself says that these choices are mostly head, which means you can choose the heart decision which lets you keep the gun. So you can’t do Rational Mind and Heads Only in the same run, because you need the gun to help get the rational trait 

Posted (edited)

Ok then it's a contradiction.

The point number "1" in Rational Mind trophy guide is: 

1. Do a playthrough making only Head choices (see Bronze Considered Opinion for more information).

And not "do a playthrough making only head choices and change to heart to keep the gun"

Edited by BaseLuna429

As I recall, in Little Hope for the head only run, the devs made it so you can pick heart options if they are the ONLY option available. In Man of Medan you had to wait for it to time out if hearts were the only options. 

If there are only 2 heart options for dialogue, it is ok to choose one of them and still be eligible for a "heads only" run!  Did a heads only run while saving everyone even though in order to save Angela, you have to make a heart choice at the bridge and was able to keep the gun throughout the whole game.

I did a heads only run twice and never popped the trophy for it... maybe its just glitchy. 😞

it could very well be glitchy; out of the 2 head and heart only runs I've done, it's never glitched.  I know every time I chose a heart option on heads only, I would look at the pause menu to check if it said "you have made only choices with your head where possible" to make sure I was still on track.  Also the great thing about this game over Man of Medan, is when you go to chapter select, it should show you if you made head, heart or both choices in which chapter.  As for whether or not you can just replay the one chapter if you messed up, I'm not sure if that would still pop the trophy.

Posted (edited)

I was using the PSNP guide and it definitely does a good job of describing the stages and trophy requirements. But it doesn't really knit it all together to a point where it can be followed smoothly. You need a step-by-step walkthrough for this kind of game if you are trying to get all the trophies in my opinion. I actually used True Achievements for both Little Hope and House of Ashes. The person that wrote those guides did a fantastic job and I 100% recommend them, they literally record every step and input you need in a really comprehensive way from the beginning of the run to the end. I recently got done with House of Ashes and once I did my first blind run, I used their walkthrough and it worked really well too.

Little hope walkthrough

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

I use the same topic to report something else: method number 2 for the "No Escaping Fate" trophy DOES NOT WORK.
I rehearsed last night, got to the ruined house with all the characters alive and then made Mary die.
All were later killed by the demons in the house, but the trophy did not unlock.
This is really silly: if the result is right, why not unlock the trophy?