servus99

"Necromancer" and "Let's Duel!" Trophy Requirements

8 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I would love to know what is your experience unlocking these following 2 trophies:

Necromancer - Special Summon 50 or more monsters from the Graveyard in Ranked/Event Duels

Let's Duel! - Declare attack to monsters 100 or more times in Ranked/Event Duels

I have the feeling that the tracking on these 2 trophies is rather flawed, or at least some things dont count towards it.

For example, with Necromancer I have the feeling that summoning Eldlich or Lightsworn Monsters from the Graveyard doesnt count here. Why? :(  Those are special summons and those are from the Graveyard...

And with Let's Duel! I have read on this site that you have to destroy 100 enemy monsters by attacking. But I have the feeling a lot of duels dont count here :( 

Also, in general, is it ok to quit/surrender duels? Is it ok to loose? It should be, right?

Thanks in advance

I got necromancer like day 3 of casually playing with dragonmaid. They special summon from graveyard a lot, especially in the battle phase.

As for Let's Duel, that's a bit more time consuming because with the current meta, especially at gold/platinum, you rarely attack monsters and just pop them with effects lol.

13 hours ago, servus99 said:

Hi there,

I would love to know what is your experience unlocking these following 2 trophies:

Necromancer - Special Summon 50 or more monsters from the Graveyard in Ranked/Event Duels

Let's Duel! - Declare attack to monsters 100 or more times in Ranked/Event Duels

I have the feeling that the tracking on these 2 trophies is rather flawed, or at least some things dont count towards it.

For example, with Necromancer I have the feeling that summoning Eldlich or Lightsworn Monsters from the Graveyard doesnt count here. Why? :(  Those are special summons and those are from the Graveyard...

And with Let's Duel! I have read on this site that you have to destroy 100 enemy monsters by attacking. But I have the feeling a lot of duels dont count here :( 

Also, in general, is it ok to quit/surrender duels? Is it ok to loose? It should be, right?

Thanks in advance

For Necromancer make sure that it states the monster will be special summoned when sent to the graveyard.

I think Eldlich is summoned to your hand when sent to the graveyard and not special summon it to the field. 

For Let's Duel, just keep playing and it will come naturally as you play.

I also think you can see the status of these trophies in your profile data tab on the upper left of the main screen.

12 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

I got necromancer like day 3 of casually playing with dragonmaid. They special summon from graveyard a lot, especially in the battle phase.

As for Let's Duel, that's a bit more time consuming because with the current meta, especially at gold/platinum, you rarely attack monsters and just pop them with effects lol.

9 minutes ago, Aboelsas said:

For Necromancer make sure that it states the monster will be special summoned when sent to the graveyard.

I think Eldlich is summoned to your hand when sent to the graveyard and not special summon it to the field. 

For Let's Duel, just keep playing and it will come naturally as you play.

I also think you can see the status of these trophies in your profile data tab on the upper left of the main screen.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Yes with Eldlich that was my mistake, he gets put to the hand first before being summoned on the field. But with Lightsworn it explicitely says "from the graveyard".

Can someone confirm that classic cards like "Monster Reborn" etc. count towards this? If so, I am thinking about just putting cards like that in my deck, where someone has confirmed they count for this trophy.

Also, is there a way to demote yourself to a lower division (from gold to bronze etc.)?

I think that would be a smart thing to do in order to avoid pros who cancel every attack you make (100 attacks, destroyed monsters). Playing against pros makes this trophy take 50h or so. 

10 hours ago, servus99 said:

Yes with Eldlich that was my mistake, he gets put to the hand first before being summoned on the field. But with Lightsworn it explicitely says "from the graveyard".

Can someone confirm that classic cards like "Monster Reborn" etc. count towards this? If so, I am thinking about just putting cards like that in my deck, where someone has confirmed they count for this trophy.

Also, is there a way to demote yourself to a lower division (from gold to bronze etc.)?

I think that would be a smart thing to do in order to avoid pros who cancel every attack you make (100 attacks, destroyed monsters). Playing against pros makes this trophy take 50h or so. 

Usually, any card summoned from the graveyard to the field is considered a special summon. That being said, I am not entirely sure if it counts toward Necromancer.

The Only way to get to lower divisions is by not playing for a month(s) till you get to that division. It sucks for sure, but it's a good way to keep the game balanced against the Pros who stop you from playing the game using a variety of negation effects.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:17 AM, servus99 said:

i used eldlich and can confirm it wont count for the necromancer trophy still dont know a really budget deck which could accomplish that task and for the battle i think any deck could do it i am using eldlich and need 9 more attacks on monsters

On 4/3/2022 at 5:17 AM, servus99 said:

Can confirm they work, I used that and Call of the Haunted for this trophy!

On 4/3/2022 at 5:17 AM, servus99 said:

I actually would recommend to do these trophies during the Events, I did those grindy ones at the XYZ event, I basically just built a deck that could special summon a lot from the graveyard and another that could tribute summon a lot, both were Blackwing decks because I use that deck a lot anyway. And from there, just try to do whatever trophy you are trying to get. Tribute summons and Attacks are quite hard to actually get naturally, would argue that the Attack trophy is the hardest of them all, because if you play competitively you don't really attack into monsters, you remove them from the field and then you attack your opponent directly.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:53 PM, servus99 said:

Nope, you don't have to destroy the monster with your attack! What I would do is just choose to go second, spam the field and just crash my monsters lol and I actually got the trophy so it works haha

On 02/04/2022 at 8:53 PM, servus99 said:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance

For the necromancer trophy I was playing darklords. I fusioned the first darklord used its effect to special summon superbia from gy then used superbia effect to spec sum another dark fairy from gy. (Works quit well with dramaturge of despia as that can spec sum itself from gy on use equaling 3 spec sum from gy in 1 turn. You can miss the timing on superbia though so don't it chain it.

For the lets duel trophy you have to actually attack an opponent or monster 100 times (I think it's tracked with the attacks declared by monsters heading in your stats. 

Also if you concede stats will not track what so ever.