How to get The Portal is Open on Cross-Play

creoena

So I got the ps4 plat of this today, and also got a PS5 from Gamestop's in-store drop today.  So, I'd figure I'd torture myself by trying to get Coming in Hot! (and all the others) twice.  However, there was a bit of a flaw in my plan because I don't seem to be able to get The Portal Is Open because I already have a DD team from my PS4 play, and it's tied to my profile on the server. Does anyone know how else to get this?  I tried creating a 2nd DD team and it did not work.

14 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

This is a great question as I haven't used my PS 4 version yet. That is a problem if it doesn't pop with our current team.

Congrats on getting a PS 5!

Kiss those loading times goodbye!

Thanks for the congrats!  Yes the loading times are great. The graphics (particularly faces) are improved as well which is nice.  The PS5 OS UI is a step back from the PS4.

Except for this trophy, the HBP one, and the 110mph out, I got all of the PS5 trophies in 2h45m...pretty funny.  Most were done by the time the game finished installing.  I'm hoping there's a way to get the DD trophy if you've already played cross-platform.  I'm sure people will complain as they discover this issue.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DXCubfan said:

I have this trophy on both versions. I had to unlink my account and then I could do the tutorial again.  WARNING: You will loose all of your stubs and cards!!!!!

It worked for you that way? I unlinked mine a few days ago and it still acts like it’s linked. Any specific way you did it?

1 hour ago, tyman232323 said:

It worked for you that way? I unlinked mine a few days ago and it still acts like it’s linked. Any specific way you did it?

When it asked me what data to use, I picked the local data and not the data on the server. 

Well oook, I can't explain this one, but I resigned myself to losing everything, unlinked my account, got into DD, got the trophy, closed the game, reopened the game, and my original linked account came back, so I didn't end up losing anything.  Yay me, I guess.

14 hours ago, creoena said:

Well oook, I can't explain this one, but I resigned myself to losing everything, unlinked my account, got into DD, got the trophy, closed the game, reopened the game, and my original linked account came back, so I didn't end up losing anything.  Yay me, I guess.

Here is how I did it. Reference I did PS5 to PS4. I loaded up the PS4 version unlinked my account. Closed the game. Went on my phone to theshow.com/account from there on the top right of the screen I clicked the baseball. It gave me the option to either choose a new DD or my existing one. From there I choose the new one. I went back on to the PS4 version and got the trophy and then unlinked my account and went back to the website and choose my existing one. I logged back into the game and everything was there. If you are doing PS4-PS5 just replace PS4 with PS5 and you will get the trophy.

• Like 3

I have the same problem. Plat the PS5 version first and now trying PS4 version. Dynamic trophies and Start DD team are an issue. Hopefully it'll get patched and just stack as I don't plan on unlinking my account and losing everything

Go to your account in game- select unlink account.

Log onto the show site- click baseball icon make sure only the show account is active.

Back in game select to link- get the password

On the show app- go to baseball icon- scroll to bottom of the list and there is a box to enter the cross plat code or whatever- enter it. It will then ask which account you want to link- pick the new one with lvl 0.

Back in game- load up the DD, get achieve. Gonna to account in game- unlink

Back to app- make sure unlinked-

In game get a new code to link

In app baseball Icon scroll to bottom of accounts- put in new link code- now choose your old account. Link it.

Start game- you’re GtG.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2022 at 5:03 PM, beviboy said:

I have the same problem. Plat the PS5 version first and now trying PS4 version. Dynamic trophies and Start DD team are an issue. Hopefully it'll get patched and just stack as I don't plan on unlinking my account and losing everything

i dont want to lose my stuff either, i play for fun and working on exp, hope they fix it soon

On 4/10/2022 at 8:38 AM, nightowl_80 said:

Here is how I did it. Reference I did PS5 to PS4. I loaded up the PS4 version unlinked my account. Closed the game. Went on my phone to theshow.com/account from there on the top right of the screen I clicked the baseball. It gave me the option to either choose a new DD or my existing one. From there I choose the new one. I went back on to the PS4 version and got the trophy and then unlinked my account and went back to the website and choose my existing one. I logged back into the game and everything was there. If you are doing PS4-PS5 just replace PS4 with PS5 and you will get the trophy.

I can confirm this works. Just have a separate browser handy on mobile & also I had to close out the game on my ps5 which was the 2nd console I platted on and reboot the game each time for the logout to get it to register the Link & Unlink but it works as long as you click your correct server progress.

Edited by BlueShadow17
Had to reword.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2022 at 7:38 AM, nightowl_80 said:

Just wanted to give another nudge this does work to keep all your stubs.

Good way to explain the technicality is we are only using a fresh TheShow.com account with 0 progress to reset DD. The linking process is basically telling PSN versions which profile to use. Your PSN profile is always sitting out there, like whatever you earned on this account before you made the change is never deleted. If you don't re-link this back it'll just stay out there, as we told PSN to use the other profile via the linking process. When you unlnk-relink PSN again, the same options appear, you simply want to go back and use the PSN account it'll even say when you last used it too.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, OobiGod said:

https://theshow.com/news/game22-update-8/ PSA: it seems SDS has fixed the glitch that prevented the trophy from not working on another console. It's in their patch notes so the barring of easily doing it on both consoles is now gone.

I saw the notes last night and popped it a few hours ago. Thankfully, it's fixed. Want that PS4 Plat as well!