ChenZheCHN

(Fixed on Apr 12) Cannot install games on PS3 since Apr 1, 2022. Error code: 80029780

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Update: Fixed on Apr 12 for both PS3 and PS Vita. Downloading is now working again.

 

----

 

Hello everyone.

 

Just now, I tried to download games using my HK account on PS3, but failed with error code 80029780.

 

I asked another player who also has an HK account, and he cannot download, either. He told me that he cannot download PS3 games using his HK account since Apr 1, 2022.

 

My US account and JP account work well, so this might be an issue specific to Asian regions.

 

V40Pa0j.png

 

As you can see, I am trying to download BlazBlue: Central Fiction using my HK account. The title of the game is written in Simplified Chinese, so it must be an HK account.

 

The error message is in Japanese because I set my console’s system language to Japanese, but you can still see the error code 80029780.

 

It appears shortly after clicking the download button, so I assume there is something wrong with either the DRM server or the activation server.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From memory BlazBlue was a PS+ game. Try deactivating your console in the account settings (as primary console) then reactivating.

 

I have had a couple issues before that seem inconsistent and a re-linking seems to help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened to the vita awhile ago, should just come right eventually.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RDT1 said:

From memory BlazBlue was a PS+ game. Try deactivating your console in the account settings (as primary console) then reactivating.

 

I have had a couple issues before that seem inconsistent and a re-linking seems to help.

 

Yes, it is. But the game my friend was trying to download was Echochrome II, which is not a PS+ game.

 

I followed your step, deactivated and activated my PS3 again, but it still fails.

 

8 minutes ago, closertim said:

Happened to the vita awhile ago, should just come right eventually.

 

Hopefully it will come right. I wrote an email to customer support. Let’s see what will happen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I tried downloading games from HK store it shows also error code 80029780. I googled the solution for this issue is to deactive your system and active it again.

 

Don't bother contact HK customer service cuz il will only waste your time.

 

Edit: i've tried the method above but it didn't work.

Edited by aimeraya
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aimeraya said:

I tried downloading games from HK store it shows also error code 80029780. I googled the solution for this issue is to deactive your system and active it again.

 

Don't bother contact HK customer service cuz il will only waste your time.

 

Edit: i've tried the method above but it didn't work.

It's so sad why they ignore players !!

52 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

 

Yes, it is. But the game my friend was trying to download was Echochrome II, which is not a PS+ game.

 

I followed your step, deactivated and activated my PS3 again, but it still fails.

 

 

Hopefully it will come right. I wrote an email to customer support. Let’s see what will happen.

Support of PlayStation it's worse support I ever seen!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

It's so sad why they ignore players !!

Support of PlayStation it's worse support I ever seen!

 

It's not that surprising, given we're talking about the PS3. A retired 15 year old system.

 

Try the reverse of whats been said above. Instead of deactivating it as the primary console, make your PS4/5 primary, then switch it back to the PS3. I did this a while back for some Mass Effect patching and it worked fine. Downloaded what I needed, then reactivated my PS4 as primary.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most frustrating part of this is that HK/Asian regions had this EXACT issue just a few months ago!

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Instead of deactivating it as the primary console, make your PS4/5 primary, then switch it back to the PS3. I did this a while back for some Mass Effect patching and it worked fine. Downloaded what I needed, then reactivated my PS4 as primary.

 

That's not how account activations work. Pretty sure your issue was unrelated but seemed like you "fixed" it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

 

That's not how account activations work. Pretty sure your issue was unrelated but seemed like you "fixed" it.

 

?

I'm in the settings on the PS3 right now, I have an option to make it the primary console on my account. Now, will it work these days since it's all tied through the app, that part I don't know. But it solved whatever the issue was at the time, some four years ago.

 

Edit: Or I could be misunderstanding the root issue.

Edited by Jelly Soup
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Oh no, this crap again? Sony, ONE FULL YEAR WITHOUT ISSUES, that's what i'm asking.

 

1 hour ago, Tiricy said:

Support of PlayStation it's worse support I ever seen!

 

And now it's even worse, via email, as they close cases after just one reply, instead of trying to continue communication and troubleshooting.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SegaJAM said:

The most frustrating part of this is that HK/Asian regions had this EXACT issue just a few months ago!

 

 

 

Considering that was exactly 6 months ago, maybe they just renewed their certificate for half a year and it expires again on Apr 1 :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem here. It is likely not game specific coz i tried several games randomly still the same. Tried deactivated which does not help at all

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem since starting of april with my Singapore accounts. Deactivate from Sony website and activate on PS3 console didn't work for me. I can still download PS+ game but not the game I purchased including some online pass

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Asian account? Must be in connection with me having an issue to download anything via my Chinese alt on the Vita and the NP-9978-3 error…

Edited by MaxieM0us3
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tiricy said:

I don't know why PlayStation still ignore PS3 AND PSVITA !! I know it's old ! but still there a lot of players play it in the world.

 

Yeah, but both are outmoded tech. I'd enjoy more support as well, but they'd, understandably, prefer to focus on current products.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the beginning of PS3 asia servers rolling over and saying, goodbye? Still nobody has since reported that they got their install working properly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 3 days, Customer Service (Hong Kong) just replied to me. I am translating it here:

 

Quote

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

 

We have received your report about PS3 games being not downloadable. We are sorry for replying late.

We are sorry that you cannot download your games. We have recorded the issue and send it to other departments to look into. Please wait before the issue is fixed.

 

Well, at least they “have recorded the issue and send it to other departments to look into”, which is much better than Customer Service (United States) 😂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

After 3 days, Customer Service (Hong Kong) just replied to me. I am translating it here:

 

 

Well, at least they “have recorded the issue and send it to other departments to look into”, which is much better than Customer Service (United States) 😂


Should you do the same for Chinese accounts on Vita? Or is it a connected issue across Asian accounts on old systems?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2022 at 7:25 AM, ChenZheCHN said:

After 3 days, Customer Service (Hong Kong) just replied to me. I am translating it here:

 

 

Well, at least they “have recorded the issue and send it to other departments to look into”, which is much better than Customer Service (United States) 1f602.png

Did they fix it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2022 at 1:52 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:


Should you do the same for Chinese accounts on Vita? Or is it a connected issue across Asian accounts on old systems?

 

On 4/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, Tiricy said:

Did they fix it?

 

Just gave it a try on Vita using an HK account. No, it is not fixed. Still got NP-9978-3.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just now, downloading is fixed for both PS3 and PS Vita for PS Store (Hong Kong) on Apr 12, 2022.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

Just now, downloading is fixed for both PS3 and PS Vita for PS Store (Hong Kong) on Apr 12, 2022.

 

Great to know! Hopefully this doesn't happen again in 6 months. lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.