[Video] Backwards K! Trophy Tips

BlueShadow17

Hey everyone, I found myself stuck on this trophy and I gave up for awhile and played some Diamond Dynasty missions. While playing the Starter Shohei Otani mission I realized he had a Slider and I could trace the slider motion in Pinpoint pitching. If your familiar with fighting games it’s basically a quarter circled forward / hadoken fireball motion, then at the top you bring the line down to the circle at the bottom when you release the pitch.

I previously was trying to do this trophy with the quick fastball motion (straight up, down) but I found a tutorial video that explained the threshold for getting a PERFECT fastball pitch is harder because the motion is easier, if you can learn the slider well you can get perfect (green on all 3 categories) I still believe with only 75% accuracy. Check this video out I’ll link below if you’re having any problems. Hope this helps everyone in need.

6 hours ago, SideEffect34 said:

Just tried going for this as I never use pinpoint and am having trouble too. Thought fastball wouldn’t easiest also. 

Are there any pitchers it’s easier to use it with?

Had no problems doing it casually with Corbin Burnes (MIL Brewers) on a DD mission after getting the trophy. Once you under the mechanics of the pitching and the the percent thresholds u gotta hit, getting perfect isn’t that hard, it’s just the staring strikeout.

Just tried going for this as I never use pinpoint and am having trouble too. Thought fastball wouldn’t easiest also. 

Also try Max Fried or Charlie Morton on the Braves.

i used  Shohei Otan cutter pitch, it seems like it was easy to get a perfect on that since the perfect is quite low on it

i got it using the cutter on  Shohei Otan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried for over an hour last night using Shohei's cutter. I got it down to where I can just about get it perfect every time, but I could never get them to take the 3rd strike. They always swing at it. When I didn't throw it perfect on 3rd strike then they would take it for the strike out. 

24 minutes ago, TheGoaler said:

Try Ohtani's Splitter! It's easier than the Cutter.

I tried in practice first. Got a perfect right away, so I exited then did a game. Got it 2nd batter! Thought I'd never get it. 

Now to try on PS4!

I'll try that. Thanks.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:34 PM, TheGoaler said:

Try Ohtani's Splitter! It's easier than the Cutter.

I tried in practice first. Got a perfect right away, so I exited then did a game. Got it 2nd batter! Thought I'd never get it. 

Now to try on PS4!

Ended up getting it with Ohtani's fastball.

• Like 1