Iksde

No Internet Connection

8 posts in this topic

I noticed that my PS5 randomly drops connection and disconnects itself from the Internet after last update. Does anybody else have problems like that as well? 

Are you using ethernet or Wi-Fi?

Mine has a finicky ethernet port and disconnects from time to time, usually adjusting it (aka shoving it in as far as possible) fixes it.

Posted (edited)

Ethernet. Wi-Fi is the same, it connect, everything is fine and after I turn the console back on (after a day or two), I don't have Internet connection. I need to restart my PS5 a few times for it to get its crap together. 

Not to mention that after I rrestablish connection, then everything stays fine. 

Edited by Iksde

Did you try resetting your router?

I’ve never been able to connect via Wi-Fi, always had to use an Ethernet cable, can’t figure out why. But I’ve not had any dropping issues.

16 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Did you try resetting your router?

Yup. It helped for a while. I read about this issue a lot yesterday, and it seems that PS5, in general, has some issues with Internet connectivity. I suspect that three things could have happened:

1. There is something going on with the console itself. 
  2. The Ethernet cable is total garbage, so I ordered a new one. 
  3. My Internet provider may be a reason for connection issues too.

I take all three possibilities into account. We will see what happens when I get a new cable, I already reconfigured my network setup on the console too. Yesterday was also the first day when I got an actual error message saying "LAN cable disconnected". 

Posted (edited)

I had something similar on one PS4 Pro after replacing some old ethernet cables.

Reason: I used a CAT7 cable to connect the network switch with the PS4 Pro.

I thought 'CAT7 is a higher number than CAT6 so it must be better just as CAT6 is better than CAT5'. But CAT7 cables require some sort of shielding (forgot the details) in the ports to which you connect the cable. This is needed on both sides of the cable. Network switches and routers often have this shielding but the end equipment like a console or tv often don't have this. And in my case this caused dropping of the connection from time to time. I replaced the cable with a CAT6 and so far didn't have problems again.

Just mentioning it to add it to the list of possible causes as it's one most people wouldn't think of :) 

Edited by Kolm

19 hours ago, Iksde said:

I noticed that my PS5 randomly drops connection and disconnects itself from the Internet after last update. Does anybody else have problems like that as well? 

I got an error message yesterday night two times and also twise today. Wasn't playing online but been talking to a friend in a party. The error occured only 3-4 seconds. My friend (also on PS5) reported the same. We thought it would be issues on psn?