Sessions deleted

I have to open this once again to my regrets. ?

Why are you guys permanently deleting my session when I create one? 

Just because I say I boost via Discord? Really.?

I don't advertise.. I don't spam with sessions.. I'm just a trophy hunter that wants to boost and help others using Discord because PS App is useless as always. ? I stick to all your rules and still you delete my sessions.. ??‍♂

Fun fact: Other sessions for the same game advertising Discord doesn't get deleted every time.. ? Seems like you guys pick your session creators meanwhile.. ?

• Like 3

As long as your sessions meet the guidelines linked below, then they're fine, otherwise they'll be removed. If there are other sessions advertising Discord servers, then those will be removed in due course too. We do rely on the community letting us know when they appear though, so if you've seen any then you should have let us know about them too.

We're not stopping you using Discord to chat while you are boosting. We just expect you to do the organising of the session itself on this site if you are using our sessions feature to find people, instead of just posting a Discord link and calling it a day. It's not too much to ask really.

4 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

As long as your sessions meet the guidelines linked below, then they're fine, otherwise they'll be removed. 

I read your rules a few times already. So tell me why my sessions get deleted.. All I want is an explain. Not more. It's not too much to ask.

You guys just remove them randomly.

My sessions are proof.. They stick to the rules. I don't advertise, I host them personally.. 

So give me the exact reason please and no excuses again. ?

1 minute ago, Gnillisch said:

I read your rules a few times already. So tell me why my sessions get deleted.. All I want is an explain. Not more. It's not too much to ask.

My sessions are proof.. They stick to the rules. I don't advertise, I host them personally.. 

So give me the exact reason please and no excuses again. 1f914.png

I didn't delete your sessions, or even seen your sessions posted, so I don't know why they were removed. They must have gone against the guidelines I linked above in some way. As you have mentioned Discord, then I can only assume it had something to do with that.

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

I didn't delete your sessions, or even seen your sessions posted, so I don't know why they were removed. They must have gone against the guidelines I linked above in some way. As you have mentioned Discord, then I can only assume it had something to do with that.

NOTES FROM THE SESSION HOST

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - ALL ONLINE TROPHIES

Time and date here is a placeholder.

Note: You must have Discord to join the sessions. VC is mandatory!

After you join the session I will contact you on PSN for further details. If your DM's are closed, I can't contact you and you won't be part of the sessions!

In that case, you have to send me a DM.

3 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

After you join the session I will contact you on PSN for further details. If your DM's are closed, I can't contact you and you won't be part of the sessions!

I dunno then. That seems reasonable to me. Maybe the mod who deleted them might offer an explanation.

• Like 1

Not 100% sure how mentioning discord would lead to a deletion of a session considering last I checked although it's been a while you can link your discord account with pnsp's discord server thingamajig and people who have done that are automatically added to a discord channel when the session starts assuming that feature is still in place mind I don't really pay attention to that server channel any longer.

Edit: I do see the rules say to not just promote your server channel or other websites in the session.   And that makes perfect sense. 

In theory if all applicants of the session have a discord. They' should be automatically added at session start 

And then add them to a custom/group channel from there as I think pnsp discord session chanel's are deleted after session expires.

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Stuff
  • Like 1

Just now, Gnillisch said:

Is there a way to see who deleted it or to talk to him then? Somehow? 1f914.png

There isn't a way to see who deleted it. There isn't even any indication the session ever existed after it's deleted. Maybe Sly is able too see that info, but I'm not even sure about that.

9 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

There isn't a way to see who deleted it. There isn't even any indication the session ever existed after it's deleted. Maybe Sly is able too see that info, but I'm not even sure about that.

OK then thanks for now. ??

Seems like I can only hope the person see this and can give an explanation to me. ?

But with that method you guys are loosing members. I'm sure nobody wants that. ?

24 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

Why don't you have at least some instructions posted about how the boosting session will go? I've deleted several sessions similar to this that really don't give any explanation for how the session will proceed for people to even decide to sign up. 

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Why don't you have at least some instructions posted about how the boosting session will go?

The reason is that I want to put this message as short as possible. Cause most of the people don't want to read a book.

And I don't want to write MY boosting method there so others can steal it. I think this is understandable. ?

Just now, Gnillisch said:

The reason is that I want to put this message as short as possible. Cause most of the people don't want to read a book.

And I don't want to write MY boosting method there so others can steal it. I think this is understandable. 1f600.png

So it's either nothing or a book? No middle ground? Well then the session comes across as someone putting in minimal effort trying to build their discord groups.

No, I surely don't understand. I'm going to assume anyone that really worries about "stealing" someone elses boosting method would just boost with you and then they would just repeat what you did. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

So it's either nothing or a book? No middle ground? Well then the session comes across as someone putting in minimal effort trying to build their discord groups.

Okay, I see the way you think here. But most of the sessions I saw here just say time and date is a placeholder. You'd have to delete them all. So this is no point for deleting imo. (:

And if I boost via Discord, PSN or whatever should not matter as long as I help the people get what they need if you ask me. Back in the days that was the main priority for this side.

I mean: If they got their trophies done, no one forces them to stay on a Discord server. They all can leave on their own. (; Me personally I don't care about an amount of members on a server. I just want enough people for a session. ?

And you can always ask how a session works. I expect people to do something to get my help, be an active part and not just take your trophy and go away. 

If someone doesn't want to join because he 'needs' details he is always free to create his own sessions. No one gets forced to join mine. ?

12 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

This is confusing.  Very few of us are going to join a boosting session if it doesn't tell us what the host expects or how they are going to run the session.  

And, there are very few, if any, boosting "techniques" that haven't been broadcasted 100 times on Youtube.  

Well no one is forcing you yo join these sessions. You can just create your own and share your boosting method. That's a free decision for everyone. (:

7 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

Okay, I see the way you think here. But most of the sessions I saw here just say time and date is a placeholder. You'd have to delete them all. So this is no point for deleting imo. (:

And if I boost via Discord, PSN or whatever should not matter as long as I help the people get what they need if you ask me. Back in the days that was the main priority for this side.

I mean: If they got their trophies done, no one forces them to stay on a Discord server. They all can leave on their own. (; Me personally I don't care about an amount of members on a server. I just want enough people for a session. 1f600.png

And you can always ask how a session works. I expect people to do something to get my help, be an active part and not just take your trophy and go away. 

If someone doesn't want to join because he 'needs' details he is always free to create his own sessions. No one gets forced to join mine. 1f440.png

Time and date as a placeholder is not an issue.

Using Discord is not the issue. 

From the rules you said you read:

Allowed:

1. Using time and date as a placeholder 
  2.  Asking for members to have discord

The way the session is presented on the site is the issue. You asked why your sessions get deleted and you got at least one explanation why. You can reject the explanation and try to deflect to unrelated things, but if you keep repeating sessions the way you have, you will continue to have your sessions deleted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The way the session is presented on the site is the issue. You asked why your sessions get deleted and you got at least one explanation why. You can reject the explanation and try to deflect to unrelated things, but if you keep repeating sessions the way you have, you will continue to have your sessions deleted.

Well, talking from mod to mod:

I think you should read your own server rules again. ? 2 other mods said the session text is fine. So it's obviously your personal problem. I just don't know why. 

Is that the way you guys work here? Everyone is doing his own thing and demand on rules that are not written? ?

10 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Nope, I never understand this statement.

To me its a hobby with a big community that like helping each other. I read and given tons and tons of advise that helped me a lot to get and help others through games. Not to mention the work that actual guidewriters puts in to achieve this goal.

And here you are keeping techniques secret because otherwise people steal? The only reason what I can think about is for self benefit. And what I can think of is people needing to join your own discord group for it.

Given I think this session is still fair though, there is no immediate self promotion in it and if they are actually active boosting then there should be no problem. I just find it a bad statement.

Maybe this is a bad statement to some people. I understand when people think that. 

I want to help. Yes, I use my server. But as said no one is forced to join or stay. If I would get money from Discord or something that would be another point. But I do this for free in my personal free time. I just can't stand people that are taking my benefits for their own. Easy as it is. What they do afterwards idc. If they decide to help others too and use my method. Fine. But don't take mine and use it on their own. 

And yes, my self benefit is the good feeling that I helped another guy. ??

1 hour ago, Gnillisch said:

So give me the exact reason please and no excuses again. 1f914.png

We keep track of it a bit on Discord.

I've closed 2 sessions from Gnillisch as they are two games he already has gotten 100% trophies in and were just talking about looking for more people for his server (not a real session):

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281401-red-dead-redemption-2

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281406-the-last-of-us-remastered

Gnillisch posted the RDR2 & TLOU sessions again. He already has the trophies for these games and it doesn't even look like he'll be hosting the session or even helping people with this session, he's just seemingly messaging people to find help on the discord:

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281453-the-last-of-us-remastered

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281454-red-dead-redemption-2

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

There are other sites you can use for your boosting sessions if you are unhappy with the game session rules on this one.  

I'm not unhappy with the rules. But they talk about rules that don't exist. That's stupid acting as mod. (Generally, nothing personal)

I'm mod myself on some groups and servers. If I'd do it that way.. I would not wonder why people are complaining and be frustrated if I do whatever I want without holding to the rules.

12 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

We keep track of it a bit on Discord.

I've closed 2 sessions from Gnillisch as they are two games he already has gotten 100% trophies in and were just talking about looking for more people for his server (not a real session):

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281401-red-dead-redemption-2

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281406-the-last-of-us-remastered

Gnillisch posted the RDR2 & TLOU sessions again. He already has the trophies for these games and it doesn't even look like he'll be hosting the session or even helping people with this session, he's just seemingly messaging people to find help on the discord:

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281453-the-last-of-us-remastered

https://psnprofiles.com/session/281454-red-dead-redemption-2

Just because I don't mention I host doesn't mean I don't host. OK, maybe I can mention that in the future if you want. No problem at all. ?? I just didn't saw that this is necessary so I didn't wrote that. ?

And yes, I repost sessions when people are done and some still in need. So the sessions go on and everyone can continue. The fact that I have 100% doesn't mean I don't continue hosting in the future. ?

Edited by Gnillisch

33 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

I'm not unhappy with the rules. But they talk about rules that don't exist. That's stupid acting as mod. (Generally, nothing personal)

I'm mod myself on some groups and servers. If I'd do it that way.. I would not wonder why people are complaining and be frustrated if I do whatever I want without holding to the rules.

Just because I don't mention I host doesn't mean I don't host. OK, maybe I can mention that in the future if you want. No problem at all. 1f44d-1f3fb.png I just didn't saw that this is necessary so I didn't wrote that. 1f609.png

And yes, I repost sessions when people are done and some still in need. So the sessions go on and everyone can continue. The fact that I have 100% doesn't mean I don't continue hosting in the future. 1f600.png

If you are going to use your own server, you almost always need to have a time or date to justify it. Otherwise, it looks like you are just indefinitely extending it to funnel people to your server to do it "one day" which is the exact issue we've had with these types of sessions before in the past. I've told others who prefer to use their own servers in PMs here that having a time/date is the best way for us to tell if these are legit sessions, or you're just in it for member gainz.

I'm not saying you're the latter either. We are just trying to do everything we can to ensure that members here signing up for sessions get the help they need. That's all.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Spelling

10 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If you are going to use your own server, you almost always need to have a time or date to justify it. Otherwise, it looks like you are just indefinitely extending it to funnel people to your server to do it "one day" which is the exact issue we've had with these types of sessions before in the past. I've told others who prefer to use their own servers in PMs here that having a time/date is the best way for us to tell if these are legit sessions, or you're just in it for member gainz.

I'm not saying you're the latter either. We are just trying to do everything we can to endure that members here signing up for sessions get the help they need. That's all.

Understand ??

But I can't put a time in if for exapmle I need 8 players but just have 3 atm. I need the others to talk about a time for everyone. So that's a hard thing to handle. Hope you understand that point. ?

I'm using this side for some years now. First of all I think it's good that you guys want to avoid these gaining members people. I ran into 3 or 4 of them back in the days. Then some of us decided to create a server where we can really help others. That way everyone has his games he is in charge of. And I just post about games I am leading. No one really likes to join a session and nothing happens. I completely understand. We all came into this.

I just hope this misunderstanding can be done that the session don't get deleted in the future. That's why I asked here what it was about. Thanks for explaining your decision. ??

EDIT: By the way. I reopened my deleted sessions earlier today. If something is wrong about them, maybe you could just tell what exact to change instead of deleting. That would help everyone. ?

Edited by Gnillisch

Just to let you know, any boosting method that I, my friends or crew members see in a gaming session that is any better than what we already use, well, we are going to use it in our sessions any time we play the game(s).  So, no boosting method is "secret".  This is for any PSN sessions, Xbox or PC. 

Edited by Lorajet
  • Like 3