Pretty easy plat

lumphy101

I'm actually in the middle of playing Gravity Rush and I had every intention of making it my first plat but the challenges scare me, particularly gravity slide. I'm going to keep trying but, due to the mechanics, I wouldn't exactly call this easy simply because of the All That Glitters trophy.

• Like 1

I'm actually in the middle of playing Gravity Rush and I had every intention of making it my first plat but the challenges scare me, particularly gravity slide. I'm going to keep trying but, due to the mechanics, I wouldn't exactly call this easy simply because of the All That Glitters trophy.

Once you upgrade all your skills you'll be going so fast with your gravity slide it makes those challenges easy, even with the sometimes shitty controls.

• Like 3

I have to silver/gold metal all the challenges and defeat one more rare Nevi for my Plat and it's rough. Cranked through the game and the rest of the trophies fairly quickly, but these challenges are a big roadblock. At this point, it's one of those games I just want to be done with...

• Like 2

I f**k**g hate those challenges.  Those challenge trophies are my only obstacles in getting Platinum trophy in this game.

There's a glitch in Guacamelee (I don't know whether it has been fixed by a later patch or not) that can be used to play the game in normal mode until the final boss.  Just switch the difficulty to hard mode for the final boss, and you get the gold trophy for beating the game on hard mode even though you only played in hard mode for boss alone.

Edited by Sam_73
  • Like 3

Quick question since I can't seem to find the answer anywhere: will I be able to go back after the main story and fight the rare nevi and gold medal the challenges? I always assumed as much since people suggest putting that off until the end of the game but as I tried to start episode 20 bearded looney man who watches me sleep warned I may not be able to go back and do any of that.

And God help me with the challenges. Just tried a few with my badass stats and I'm still just silver medaling.

Quick question since I can't seem to find the answer anywhere: will I be able to go back after the main story and fight the rare nevi and gold medal the challenges? I always assumed as much since people suggest putting that off until the end of the game but as I tried to start episode 20 bearded looney man who watches me sleep warned I may not be able to go back and do any of that.

And God help me with the challenges. Just tried a few with my badass stats and I'm still just silver medaling.

You can do anything that you may have missed after you complete the main story.

• Like 1

I lost interest in Gravity Rush but I managed to go back soon after to get the platinum, I do love the game but it does take some adapting, the trophies are very straight forward and easy with an upgraded Kat. Also, it's got some of the nicest looking trophies!

Guacamelee is a very short platinum and for some orbs it is a real challenge but it won't take too long until your platforming skills will come into play.

• Like 1

Gravity rush is an easy plat just have kat fully upgraded for the challenges (and try not break your vita with gravity slide), and for the rare nevi fights gravity kick at 6 is a must since it you can go through enemies projectiles and all... the fights against the rare nevi are extremely repetitive and boring however. Im about to start Guacamelee soon after I get Rayman Origins plat which is 13% rare apparently which kinda surprised me since its pretty easy.

• 4 weeks later...

The rare nevi are fairly simple. For the first, just go about normally. The second, I believe fly above it, let it punch, then attack 3 times, retreat. It's arduous but it takes 5 min. The third was the same deal. Just dodge in midair then attack the orbs. Wait until you have a charged attack, and then let it go.

• 1 month later...

I have to say the controls on this game is god-awful, when you gravity slide the control of it is just non existent (i know your meant to turn your vita but its still terrible). also camera angles are bad, half the time you find your self upside down and it completely confuses me. The chances of me getting the platinum on this game are very slim, mainly because i cant be bothered to master the controls of this game (maybe because im just rubbish aswell). I'm looking forward to completing this game and clearing the ridiculous 1457MB of my system for a better game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just platted this after thinking I never would be able to beat the challenges when 1st playing the game.

If you are starting out, I would say don't worry about how crazy the challenge times may seem.  Once you are fully upgraded they'll mostly be a cakewalk.  A couple will be trickier but generally you won't take that many attempts to get the down.  You will need to upgrade your skills to the max to beat the times though.

Now to check out the DLC.

• 7 months later...

It hasn't been easy for me so far. Like many others in this thread have stated, the challenges are a pain (especially the DLC ones). The problem that I'm seeing with the game is that, far too often you have to control the camera just as much as the character. Its like having to be the camera man while trying to play the game! I do see the necessity in giving players complete control over the game's camera in a game like this but it truly is a catch 22. While the player does require the ability to point the camera in any direction in order to have the freedom to fly, stop, and redirect where ever they want, this causes the issue of always having to make sure that camera is aligned with whatever actions are taken.

For example, the messiness that happens when trying to land somewhere that sits on a 90 degree angle. Countless times I've aimed for Kat to land on a specific area of the ground, only for her to somehow land on the adjacent wall right above it which then leads to a plethora of things going wrong. Either:

1. She will not leave the wall that she is now hanging off of the first 3 times I attempt for her to land on the initial piece of ground (now right beneath her) that I intended for her to land on in the first place.

2. The camera goes haywire and I can no longer tell what is what anymore or even where the heck I am.

3. When attempting to leave the wall, I go flying off somewhere into the environment either out of confusion or because of the shotty controls. This is usually associated with #2.

^ All of this is just ONE example of the many issues that I consistently deal with when playing this game. The worse part about this and all the other issues are when they happen during challenges in which (most) there is a time limit associated with the ranking system. And please don't even get me started about the lack of a "Restart" option during missions/challenges and the PSOne long load times in between quitting & starting them over again.

I don't know if I can call this a "bad" game but I do look at it similarly as I do with the early Resident Evil games: having controls so bad and doing nothing else necessarily all that well to distract from that where its nearly impossible for me to enjoy the game. I'm trying to stick with it...I really am, but honestly its only out of my own philosophy of finishing what I start. If it wasn't for that or if I knew just how bad these control/camera issues were before playing this, I wouldn't even be playing this right now.

Edited by merciful84

When I began this game I found the controls rather cumbersome, but after a couple of hours it all just clicked and I really started to enjoy the game.

The gravity slide mechanic is still all kinds of difficult, but I got to grips with it after a bit of practice - still bloody hard, but I was able to complete the challenges without too much trouble.

Just keep going for them and eventually you will get it.

I disagree.

Not to sound like an asshole, but i consider myself a very skilled all around gamer.

And i had troubles with the flight controls, very finicky and unpleasant. Then you throw in annoying time based challenges, everyone loves these. Mixed with awful controls, even better.

I couldn't bring myself to even finish the game.

• Like 1

I got pretty good at falling accurately whilst I was playing and dicking about.

The time based challenges didn't cause too much of a problem to me, only one of the sliding challenges had me stuck for a bit.

I suppose I got lucky with some of the challenges but I loved the game very much, had a blast with it. Can't wait for the sequel to land.