problem with sony exclusives...

wool001

no it doesnt say read error nothing shows up on the xmb after i put a sony exclusive in,( theres nothing there to click on to start the game), when it does load like a 1 in 10 ratio the games work great it s just when loading i run into this issue. the machines are new not refurbished the game is new and cleaned everytime i see a fingerprint. i do have the machine plugged into a power bar which is plugged into a extension cord and full of gadgets and tvs but i cant see that being it, and its 4:20 every hour in my room... :)

Never had OR heard of that problem. Are you sure it's a PlayStation fault, not a disc fault? Scratched discs or something?

no i took the last of us back three times to replace it for a new one, i had to purchase it thru psn and digitally download it and uncharted 3 (which i suggest not to. uncharted 3 is a 50gig + download)

If your system is consistently not reading discs, and you've really tried multiples of the same game, it's your system. You need a new one.

But if his system consistently reads all his other games but not his Sony first party ones, I'd say the issue lies with the game disc itself. If his other games were having issues I'd agree and would assume it was a laser going out.

Parker

But if his system consistently reads all his other games but not his Sony first party ones, I'd say the issue lies with the game disc itself. If his other games were having issues I'd agree and would assume it was a laser going out.

Parker

That's sometimes what happens when a laser starts to go out, it stops reading certain discs. Sony discs may have some sort of coding or protection on them that the PS3 can't recognize anymore. That's what happened with my PS2. First was just random games, then it stopped reading PS1 games, then it stopped reading games altogether unless it was upside down(which was weird), and then it stopped reading games entirely. The OP said that he's tried multiple discs of The Last of Us, and none of them worked. If it was just a certain disc, one of them would have worked. It has to be the system, unless the OP is lying about using multiple discs. Which is possible. I ran into people like that all the time when I worked at Gamestop. They'd claim their system was broken, and that they'd tried multiple discs of the same game. Then I'd test the system with the same game with multiple discs, and it'd end up being the disc.

Edited by ExHaseo

does anyone else having problems getting sony exclusive DISC's to load on your playstation crossplatform games all lod fine and im on my 3 rd playstation and have had this problem on all three once the ps has been used for a bit??

Actually, I know exactly what you mean, My cousin is currently going through this and has been looking for a solution, no luck so far. Its exactly as you say, its only Sony's First party games. At times he'll insert the game over 50 times just to get it to read, also hes not a smoker so that cant be it

These are the ones that he's told me he's had loading issues:

Uncharted 3

Resistance 3

The Last of Us

Little Big Planet 2

Heavy Rain

Beyond 2 Souls

God of War 3

..and these are the First Party games that do work without an issue:

Uncharted 1 & 2

Resistance 1 & 2

inFamous 1 & 2

God of War Origins & Collection

Little Big Planet 1

Playstation Allstar Battle Royale

(i should note that all of the ones that do work are Greatest Hits copies with the exception of the God of War games and PSABR)

Edited by BasickAlphabit
  • Like 1

What happens is just that when the laser starts to die it starts by having troubles reading certain discs, the ones that have more data in them (that's why a normal PS3 makes more noise reading certain discs), first party SONY games are usually big games and have a lot of data on them. What are the games your PS3 can read? Any big game like GTA or RDR? Uncharted 3 and The Last Of Us are really big games, probably the biggest ones on the PS3 in terms of data on the disc so that's probably what's happening, your disc drive is going out.

ExHaseo  

nope i tried multiple tlou disc's they ended up giving me a code to dl it digitally and it works fine. im now having problems with gt6 some times it reads it sometime it sounds like its loading then nothing shows up(like theres no disc at all in it) the freakin machine is 2 months old and its my third one and the other 2 ended up doing same thing till they stopped loading altogether.

Devil_Spooky

gta 5 rdr load great and fast but heavy rain,beyond to souls uncharted 3, gt6 have problems

Parker

i always thought i have it vented well enough buts its getting clear to me somthing im doing isnt helping because this problem has been following me from machine to machine.

the machine i have is still under warranty from eb games all i have to do is return it, but i know if i return it the same thing will happen again because the one i have i got from returning my original a couple months ago. the only thing i do wrong is smoke around it and i do have a window close to it. does anyone else smoke around there machine and have NO problems ??