New Tomb Raider Game Confirmed, Uses Unreal Engine 5 (TBA)

ziggypossum

Crystal Dynamics announced the next entry was in early development near the start of 2021 in a 25th anniversary celebration video. Seems like that fact was overlooked by many.

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Figured this was coming at some point. But I'm wondering if we're finally on Lara's journey as THE Lara Croft or if they're going to try and find some way to say this 4th game is still part of her origin story. 

Unfortunately though, I found Shadow to be mostly boring (loved the first two though). So I'm a little weary about this one. 

Her origin story is over. The advertising made sure of this. She's now the Tomb Raider. So expect her to be wielding some dual pistols.

Tomb Raider and Rise were good, Shadow not so much. 

If I recall correctly, the unpatched version of Day One Shadow of the Tomb Raider had a different ending that tied it directly to the original game. So maybe this new game will be a remake of the original. ? Give me a Trex and a pyramid!

Hopefully it is not microtransactioned to death like Avengers.

• Like 1

So I take it that we will be getting to see Lara Croft in her signature short shorts again in the next installment? ?

Anyway, I'm excited to see what's next. I started gaming with Tomb Raider Legend and I enjoyed the Legend, Anniversary and Underworld games. 

The reboot took some time for me to warm up to but I now really enjoy it and Rise was awesome too. 

47 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

I wonder if Camilla will return? I remember her implying Shadow would be her last.

I'm pretty hyped for another revamp though if that's the case!

Hayley Atwell was cast as Lara in the Netflix animated series that's supposed to take place after Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so she'll probably be voicing Lara in the new game as well.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Hayley Atwell was cast as Lara in the Netflix animated series that's supposed to take place after Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so she'll probably be voicing Lara in the new game as well.

Damn, really?

Wouldn't mind watching her doing live action too. She most certainly has the... assets.

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

After Rise I won't touch a Tomb Raider game again.

Hear! Hear!

Trophy wise that game was a mess. Marvels Avenger was also another mess by Crystal Dynamics. Might pick it up eventually on a sale or something to just play the game since i do enjoy the Tomb Raider games and have been since i was a kid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

why is that? 

I've yet to play Rise and Shadow 

Cause with Rise's focus on fighting, climbing and collecting stuff, the game got way too big. I liked the first one from 2013. A lot actually, despite it's flaws. Rise was just too bloated with nonsensical stuff which wasn't fun imo. It's not necessarily a bad game, just something that won't stick with you. And going for the platinum made that even more clear when you have to collect hundreds of different crafting materials, treasures and so on which never feel rewarding. It looked like Shadow of the Tomb Raider is more of the same so that was a pass for me. I doubt that Crystal Dynamics will change its formular, so I guess it won't be something for me as well. I am glad for people who like the franchise though.

Edited by Gommes_
  • Like 2

"He didn't even confirm if Lara Croft would be in it." Then that ain't a Tomb Raider game no Lara no buy...also please give her duel wielding guns.

• Like 1

I only really enjoyed the 2013 Tomb Raider, Rise was kinda meh and even though I have still yet to come back to Shadow all I've heard from people is that it wasn't so good. Four years since their last Tomb Raider entry and this one seems quite a few years away. Maybe that amount of time is what the series need to get it's shit together lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1