About the origin of Rot and possible DLCs to come (Spoilers)

YonahFuriae

Nice theory about the future. :)
You did exactly what Miyazaki trys to tell you, he brings the small pieces and everyone should come up with his own Story and Theory.

Where is this unaccessible area? I'm pretty sure i visited every place in the game ?

Edited by Durandart
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, YonahFuriae said:

There's something that must have called everyone's attention at the Lake of Rot too, the western unaccessible area. On the whole map of the game, upper or underground, something like this doesn't happen. As much you can see the mountain sides from elevated zones like in Liurnia and the Mountaintops. But the design and detail on the one in Lake of Rot is very bizarre. Also it does a fade effect that I haven't seen on any other zone. Together with the columns you raise, only for some items which I found really weird as the normal thing would be these are to reach some place, and there's indeed a place these are perfect to reach, yet they don't go all the way, as if they were thinking in adding this zone but stop midway. The large pool at the south-west make me specially curious, like, it could be the place the God of Rot is being sealed. I'd love it we see someone who plays on PC hacking the way over there with a super jump or something, to see if there's anything or it's just a pool of rot.

Probably just a pool of rot on the map, but nothing behind that wall in the game. There are no paths that would lead there, no specific structures like buildings or anything on the map in that area. Remember the pendant in Dark Souls? The door in the Cathedral Ward next to the Giant in Bloodborne? The Yharnam Stone? From Software tends to leave some things unfinished. Not everything has to make sense. If we were to get into a DLC area it would be most likely through interacting with an NPC, a statue or whatever and get teleported straight to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Durandart said:

Nice theory about the future. :)
You did exactly what Miyazaki trys to tell you, he brings the small pieces and everyone should come up with his own Story and Theory.

Where is this unaccessible area? I'm pretty sure i visited every place in the game 1f914.png

This place greyed out at the western part of the Lake of Rot:

Spoiler

ob4ACY2.jpg

I mean it's probably nothing but being so detailed and inaccessible makes me curious to see what's there even if we need to use hacks and is just an empty pool of rot.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YonahFuriae said:

This place greyed out at the western part of the Lake of Rot:

Reveal hidden contents

ob4ACY2.jpg

I mean it's probably nothing but being so detailed and inaccessible makes me curious to see what's there even if we need to use hacks and is just an empty pool of rot.

Ahhhh this Part, yeah i really thought i could get there somehow. xD
It like always in every souls game, everybody thinks its Important and One day Miyazaki says its just nothing. xD
Like the damn Starter Gift Pendant in Dark Souls, its just useless....love it. Always thought it will be an DLC Item haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Durandart said:

Ahhhh this Part, yeah i really thought i could get there somehow. xD
It like always in every souls game, everybody thinks its Important and One day Miyazaki says its just nothing. xD
Like the damn Starter Gift Pendant in Dark Souls, its just useless....love it. Always thought it will be an DLC Item haha

Not sure if you ever played Parasite Eve back in the day. But this guy would give you good luck charms, several over the course of the game, and all of them were literally useless.

But for some reason you don't throw them away,. :) Even though they are taking up space.

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Not sure if you ever played Parasite Eve back in the day. But this guy would give you good luck charms, several over the course of the game, and all of them were literally useless.

But for some reason you don't throw them away,. :) Even though they are taking up space.

Unfortunatlly not but I totally understand that, i always do the same. xD
I'm always telling myself "Maybe it will have a use someday ?"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I love Parasite Eve. As a trivia, it's probably the game they say the word semen the most.