Platinum Speedrun - All Collectibles - Video and Text Guide

5 hours ago, rampantMoose said:

Hey Optinooby, thanks for these quality guides, they are extremely helpful. Just wondering, are you planning to upload videos for the remaining levels which don't currently have videos? Thanks again for your hard work

Honestly you don't need the videos, the google doc is well written. I just followed that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rampantMoose said:

Hey Optinooby, thanks for these quality guides, they are extremely helpful. Just wondering, are you planning to upload videos for the remaining levels which don't currently have videos? Thanks again for your hard work

Yea I've just uploaded 6/9, the last one should be up on Thursday along with a personal best video of 3hours 35mins.

36 minutes ago, Silocia said:

Honestly you don't need the videos, the google doc is well written. I just followed that.

This RMoose! If you wanna get it done and you don't mind the text, the text guide will get you through it optimally :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I don't really enjoy video guides at all, but since you put the amazing effort into writing up a beauty of a text guide, I will click on all your videos as I progress through just to give you the views. Haha, looks great. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks, appreciate that!! I don't expect it, but appreciate it nonetheless.

Usually making these guides, all my Notes would be wasted afterwards, I decided to just start doing it on Google Docs, making it a bit more tidy than usual and just share the text guide as well when I do a video guide ;).

It's no way near as pretty as a Gameplay Guide adding the text onto a normal forum thread like this, but gets the job done right and is better than just videos as we mostly see all the time now ;)

More options!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I truly love this game and I'm a Spongebob fanatic since a early age, it was my childhood. I will not follow this guide while playing for the first time because I'm having so much fun doing a blind playthrough first but then I will probably need some help here and there with the final locations of the remaining collectibles. Just wanna tell ya you do amazing guides, it was because of you that I unlocked the VAMPYR platinum (would never be able to do it without you LMFAO). 

Thanks for what you do for the trophy hunting community!

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 2

Great guide, thank you! Just one minor suggestion:

On 4/6/2022 at 6:40 AM, Optinooby said:
  • 53/100 Golden Spatula - Feed 2300 x Shinies to the clam near Mermaid Man which will catapult you to Barnacle Boy. Now solve the power puzzle for him, keeping the hand switch as 0 and counting clockwise, hit 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 4, 2 and 6. 

The order is actually completely irrelevant. You might as well just say "hit all 8 switches once each".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Great guide, thank you! Just one minor suggestion:

The order is actually completely irrelevant. You might as well just say "hit all 8 switches once each".

Are you sure, if you just go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, you will just keep going around in a circle won't you as a button press always flips 3 around???? 1 would flip 8, then 7 would flip it back, then 8 would flip again, would be a endless loop?? 

Please correct me if wrong, maybe I did miss something as I only play with it for a while until I found a quick combination that works. If it is just a case of hitting all buttons once in any order, I must have missed it because was too simple xD

I see I used all numbers and never repeated one, never noticed that xD

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Are you sure, if you just go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, you will just keep going around in a circle won't you as a button press always flips 3 around???? 1 would flip 8, then 7 would flip it back, then 8 would flip again, would be a endless loop??

Yep, I'm 100% sure -- I tested it my way (just pressing them all in order) immediately after doing it your way to be sure.

That puzzle is just the game Lights Out: hitting a switch flips that switch as well as its two neighbours. So if you hit switch #3, then it flips #2, #3, and #4. If you hit all 8 switches (in any order) then each one gets flipped a total of 3 times (once by itself and once by each of its two neighbours), which has the net effect of flipping it from off to on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yep, I'm 100% sure -- I tested it my way (just pressing them all in order) immediately after doing it your way to be sure.

That puzzle is just the game Lights Out: hitting a switch flips that switch as well as its two neighbours. So if you hit switch #3, then it flips #2, #3, and #4. If you hit all 8 switches (in any order) then each one gets flipped a total of 3 times (once by itself and once by each of its two neighbours), which has the net effect of flipping it from off to on.

Wow, lol guess I was thinking too much or not enough xD.

At least the way I have done it still works the same with no more time spent, I'm just making some players believe there is a order to it!!

If you could post on the actual video in question, that would be appreciated as then I can pin your comment there also. Would just let players know about that, sometimes it's interesting just knowing how simple a puzzle can actually be!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, based_gigachad said:

Looks like a really nice, comprehensive guide this. Not started the game yet, how long do you reckon it would take following this?

Following the videos, probably 5-10 hours. With the text maybe 10-15 hours

• Like 1

Nicely put together. I mainly used the text guide and occasionally looked at the video if needed.

The only thing I would change would be the order in "SpongeBob's Dream" to match the far more practical route as shown in the video.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Nicely put together. I mainly used the text guide and occasionally looked at the video if needed.

The only thing I would change would be the order in "SpongeBob's Dream" to match the far more practical route as shown in the video.

I forgot about that, I'll try and change it when I get chance. 1st draft was like this, just optimised things little more when recording, the Dream is the biggest change though.

• Like 1