Please help me my game is not working

I could play season 1 fine but when i try to play the other seasons the game gets stuck on the main menu and i cant do anything except close the game in the ps4 menu.

Like everything you can select on the screen disappears like if its about to load the game but then nothing happens and it just stays like that forever.

I own the disc version and the disc was lose in the box so it got scratches on it so i dont know if the game is broken or whats going on.

Like has something like this happened to anybody else or know how to fix it?

It worked fine when i played season 1 so i did not think the scratches on the disc affected the game much but now i cant play anything else.

Its very frustrating for me if i cant get the trophies for the other episodes so i can never 100% the game and it will be stuck where it is in the trophy list forever.

I maybe will be forced to buy a new copy of the game if its the scratches on the disc that is the problem.

Please can somebody help me?

I think you mean episodes instead of seasons, as the entire games are a season.

In between episodes the screen does go black as the game is trying to adjust its opening cinematic scenes based upon the choices you made.  It froze on me twice during season 1, just takes a full shut down and restart of game.

However if yours is going black and is taking a long time and keeps doing it, like 3, 4 or more times, your disc is bad and you need to purchase a new one.  You are experiencing freezing due to a scratch on the disc during the CG scenes, happens in Lego Games to, sign of a bad disc.

I meant that all 5 episodes of season 1 i could play fine without any problems but when i click on season 2, season 3 and Michonne the game just gets stuck in the main menu where you get to see that destroyed city and nothing happens so i cant play any other episodes in the game.

Everything you can click on goes away but it stays in that menu forever.

I guess if nobody else has had any problems like this it means that the disc must be broken because of the scratches it got and the only way to play the other seasons and platinum the game is to buy a new copy of The Walking Dead Collection.

The discs are lose when i buy games pretty often so i wish they could make sure this kind of stuff does not happen.

Thank you for trying to help but i found out that i needed to delete my save data from the other Walking Dead Telltale games and now the game works fine. :)

Apparently if you have save data from the other versions of the Walking Dead games then most of the Walking Dead Collection will not start.

Good thing that after you beat these Telltale games you dont really need the save data anymore because you will start them from the beginning again next time you play them anyway.

Edited by CyberLance
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CyberLance said:

Thank you for trying to help but i found out that i needed to delete my save data from the other Walking Dead Telltale games and now the game works fine. :)

Apparently if you have save data from the other versions of the Walking Dead games then most of the Walking Dead Collection will not start.

Good thing that after you beat these Telltale games you dont really need the save data anymore because you will start them from the beginning again next time you play them anyway.

I did not know that you had multiple copies of the game and save files.  This logically could have caused the issue and so I stand corrected, and my answer is incorrect in this scenario.  I'm glad you got it to work.

• Like 2

I meant my save files from the separate Walking Dead season 1, season 2, season 3, season 4 and Michonne that you can buy and not that i had multiple copies and save files of The Walking Dead Collection.

But yea im happy i got it to work so i did not buy a new copy that i did not even need.

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2022 at 8:58 AM, CyberLance said:

Thanks, I had the same problem and it was solved for me using your procedure.

• Like 1