Chrono Cross trophy thoughts/Spoiler warning

56 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

That's already happened. The pixel remaster of the first six Final Fantasy games are out on Steam and it was stated that the final game being out will mark the start of the console versions. The time frame on that is what we don't know.

While I certainly won't deny that an eventual console port is all but inevitable, I don't recall it being officially stated anywhere. I know they said they'd look into it based on consumer demand.

Square is one of the most tone-deaf companies out there though. Almost, almost as much as Dice/EA. They strike me as the kind of people who won't pick up a stack of $1,000,000 laying on the ground because they're too lazy to bend over and pick it up.

• Like 2

I loved Chrono Cross, I can barely wait another few hours.  It has one of my favorite leveling systems.  Milestone is such a neat system.  I don't think I ever got 99 Stars.  I only got like 71.

5 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I've only played Chrono Trigger and not Chrono Cross, so this game has my interest but I'm not sure if I'm getting it on release with Patch 6.1 for FFXIV coming next week. I'm also still (foolishly) waiting for the FF1-6 Pixel Remaster to be ported to PS4/5 with trophy support...

I've said it before, I'll drop everything to plat Final Fantasy V.

Think the recruit all characters will take three and a half playthroughs because…spoilers just in case…

There are three Viper Manor guides, you choose whether or not to save Kid, and you also have to finish the game on NG+ before Harle takes off.

So this could be a long one. A bit disappointed nothing for at least playing Radical Dreamers, but that's fine.

Edited by MidnightDragon

With some smart playing through this game would take 1 full playthrough + 2 partial playthroughs. Just Use Chrono Cross at the Dimensional Vortex/Sprigg's House to regain any previously obtained party members.

Spoiler

Playthrough 1 - Guide of Choice, Your choice to save or not to save. Try to get all characters & frames + rainbow equipment, Defeat Dario, Get Chrono Cross, save before last fight. Get bad ending, reload get good ending.

Playthrough 2 - Guide Not Chosen, Save/Not Save that is not chosen, Defeat the Time Devourer while Harle is still in the Party.

Playthrough 3 - Guide Not Chosen, Make a save before Fighting the Time Devourer at certain points in the story to get an ending. Defeat Trio in the Scar of Time, make sure that you are equipped with Forget Me Not Accessory and defeat Slash with character equipped.

Note: In the Save the Kid Path, Make sure you answer Leena you remember the promise and you will never forget this day. DO NOT Bring Razzly to the fight with the Hydra.

Should get Plat after defeating Time Devourer before completing Terra Tower.

24 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

There Is a Ng+? You can take everything you've got in early playtrough to the next? How It work?

NG+ migrates everything but some plot related things.

33 minutes ago, Drahcir7x2 said:

With some smart playing through this game would take 1 full playthrough + 2 partial playthroughs. Just Use Chrono Cross at the Dimensional Vortex/Sprigg's House to regain any previously obtained party members.

Hide contents

Playthrough 1 - Guide of Choice, Your choice to save or not to save. Try to get all characters & frames + rainbow equipment, Defeat Dario, Get Chrono Cross, save before last fight. Get bad ending, reload get good ending.

Playthrough 2 - Guide Not Chosen, Save/Not Save that is not chosen, Defeat the Time Devourer while Harle is still in the Party.

Playthrough 3 - Guide Not Chosen, Make a save before Fighting the Time Devourer at certain points in the story to get an ending. Defeat Trio in the Scar of Time, make sure that you are equipped with Forget Me Not Accessory and defeat Slash with character equipped.

Note: In the Save the Kid Path, Make sure you answer Leena you remember the promise and you will never forget this day. DO NOT Bring Razzly to the fight with the Hydra.

Should get Plat after defeating Time Devourer before completing Terra Tower.

Yea, but since you need 99 stars, might be better off to do at least two full. Also, two of the frames can’t be done in one playthrough.

Edited by MidnightDragon

The Chrono games are 2 of my favorite RPG's, along with the 2 original Lunar games. I still have my original Chrono Cross PS1 game when it first came out, I think the Trophy list is perfect, I can't wait to dive into this game again, it also has one of the best video game soundtracks.

To get all characters in your roster, you have to do it in 3 playthroughs with New Game Plus, I know a lot of people are asking how many playthroughs. The only thing that's missing in my opinion is a Trophy for Ozzie, Slash & Flea, by far the hardest battle in the game.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

Very nice list. Completionists will love it, going for all characters, endings and many level 7 techs. I wish I could transfer my PS One Classic Save that I'm currently at Fort Dragonia with every missable acquired + saves for the branching paths (And characters) done too.

I already see many people complaining about the dragon feeding mini-game at the start of the game though, getting all 100 fed is kinda hard.

4 hours ago, SomeGuyNamedKai said:

Platinum isn’t that hard but the compass roulette utterly sucks. 

Hopefully they didn’t take out the method that made it easy on PS1. If not, I wonder if slowing it down would work. I guess I’ll find out when I get there.

Edited by MidnightDragon

11 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Very nice list. Completionists will love it, going for all characters, endings and many level 7 techs. I wish I could transfer my PS One Classic Save that I'm currently at Fort Dragonia with every missable acquired + saves for the branching paths (And characters) done too.

I already see many people complaining about the dragon feeding mini-game at the start of the game though, getting all 100 fed is kinda hard.

It's not, honestly, you can speed up an slow down the game at the start, using slow down makes this trophy super easy. 

On 4/6/2022 at 2:10 PM, Jelly Soup said:

That's already happened. The pixel remaster of the first six Final Fantasy games are out on Steam and it was stated that the final game being out will mark the start of the console versions. The time frame on that is what we don't know.

Where did you see that?