Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne remakes announced

kidson2004

Holy shit I am genuinely excited for this. Never got the chance to play Max Payne 1 and 2. With Alan Wake 2 coming next year, it's gonna be a be a good year to be a supporter of Remedy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Games were stone cold classics on the original Xbox and PC, never played the PS2 versions. Depending on the trophies I'll see whether they'll be PlayStation or Xbox once again

Max Payne 2 was one of the very rare occasions for me that obliterated the first game. MP2 is in my top 10 all time.

3 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I enjoyed Max Payne 3 but don't really know anything about the first 2 games so I'm pretty interested in this

In my honest opinion MP3 is dogshit compared to these two I think you’ll love them it’ll tell you how Max ended up that way.

• Like 2

Thread title says they're being "remastered" when they're actually being remade. Big difference.

I'm kind of torn on this. I mean Max Payne 1 & 2 are iconic with its voice acting, comic-style cutscenes, music, etc. I'm pretty sceptical of remakes these days, and I have a hard time believing that a full-on remake is going to do these games justice. If anybody can do it though, Remedy can. I'll remain cautiously optimistic until we learn more about it.

• Like 2

I was about to scream "cash grab", since this is Rockstar and we all know how the atrocious GTA Definitive Edition turned out, but the fact that the former creative studio Remedy is attached to this, and their AAA studio is working on it, that honestly makes me very interested and hopeful. If anyone can do a proper REMAKE (not a remaster OP), it's them along with Sam Lake. I'm still reserving my judgment before we get any solid look and gameplay out of this. 

For those who haven't play the originals, go buy them on Steam. They cost nothing these days and they still hold up tremendously these days, especially the second one. 

• Like 3

Hmmm, that remake thing could make or break the games. At the moment, I am carefully optimistic about this announcement. Really enjoyed playing the first two Max Payne games on PC back then. The second title left a huge impact on me with its well-written character, extremely melancholic story, and insane bullet-time antics. Seriously, Max Payne 2 pretty much had the most enjoyable bullet-time gameplay back in the day. The game was tough as nails too. Nice to see these two getting the remake treatment. Hopefully, the folks handing them would do the superb job such well-revered titles deserve.

• Like 1

replayed these recently on series X

fun fact: Max Payne was the first game I ever played on PS2 :)

can't stand the annoying nightmare levels tho, with that damn baby crying 

hope there's a Max Payne 3 remaster in the works

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 1

I love all these remakes getting made, but I kinda wish there were more remakes from the PS1 era of games, like what happened with Resident games. Things like Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Legend Of Dragoon.

Or at least in my mind, PS2 games, they usually don't feel old enough for me to warrant a remake when an upscaled touched up release is usually the better option. For example I played Bully for the first time recently a few years ago and playing the original upscaled PS2 version seemed fine to me.

• Like 3