Frame rate issues and bugs?

I play it on a PS5. Full Screen Mode I think it's called.

When I first started playing I did notice the frame rate seemed odd or off. After a little digging and asking around I was told that it was staying true to the original PS1 frame rate? If you Press L2 or R2 to Slow Down or Speed Up time you will certainly notice the frame rate seems wacky but they are literally Zoom Zoom buttons so it should be expected. It's more noticeable in certain animations but after about 30 minutes in I stopped noticing it or got used to it.

I used to play this on PS1 back in the day and I don't remember there being this "No Battles" L3 button for us?! So cool not having to fight monsters if we don't want to! Game is a real treat and they did a great job on the upscaled font and character portraits and backgrounds.

Classic mode with zoom mode, zero issues. I'm not really interested in HD graphics. It's a PS1 game after all. But this may be a fix for those interested in "smooth gameplay", at least until SE fix the HD mode.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:13 PM, Unpreeh said:

Never really bothered me. 30 minutes into the game and I stopped noticing.

This is how I felt until I got to the Dragon-Feeding Mini-Quest. I dunno if it was in the original game or not but it feels like there's input lag when I'm trying to pick up food and move to feed the dragons. I might try Classic Mode with Zero Zoom for this one to see if it helps.

• 7 months later...