Proving Grounds Legendary

Im_Not_Banksy

I need so help or adivice with this, one on one I can do no problem, soon as its multiman, the AI reverse every goddamn thing I do, Sasha Banks reversed 6 finishers in one match. They always seem to double team me. And once I'm on the ground, I never seem to get a reverse prompt?  Whats going on.

I had the same problem too. My tactics is to go outside the ring near the apron and wait for one opponent. If two or more wrestlers get out to chase me, I get back in the ring and target another opponent so I'm sure I only have to take care of one wrestler at time. For the reversal, the prompt doesn't always appear because you need to press X or square, triangle only for grapples. Last thing, the opponent will reserve running attack much more then combos, so I always attack with combo, the best thing you can do is to diversify your attacks.

• Like 1

There's 2 things you can do to help. 1) grind faction wars until you get amethyst Samoa Joe and Diamond Randy orton. Samoa Joe will stun people with one square,x,x,x combo. This will allow you to get your finisher off and in multiman matches, he taps people quick with his finisher taking advantage of his space invader badge. Randy orton on the other hand can also stun people quickly, not as quickly as Joe but usually with 2 combos. He also gets 2 bars of special whenever you reverse and drains the opponents special and finisher whenever you stun them. They help a ton when playing on legendary. 

Now, if you're going for the Plat and doing proving grounds on legendary in hopes to get that diamond sasha banks and stone cold... STOP. You don't need to get those cards to get 5 diamonds. If you get the 3 diamonds in the faction wars you can get the other 2 from the token market. You'll just have to complete the proving grounds on an average of hard. Basically get 84 medals in each chapter. This will get you 170 tokens per chapter. My plan was doing tough matches like ladder matches on normal, and then do an easy match on legendary to make up for only getting 1 token on that normal match. Basically for every legendary match you complete you can do another match within the same chapter on normal because they'll even out. As long as every other match is done on hard. 

If you get 84 medals on each chapter, have the 500 wins and grabbed the 3 diamonds in the faction tower, completed the weekly towers with token rewards, have been doing daily challenges for token rewards and have been completing the lifetime challenges with token rewards you'll have just enough to get all the way to the diamond market and afford 2 diamonds. In my case I got the rock and once I complete the loyalty challenge I'll get another 45 tokens to add to my current 40 and I can buy another 75 token diamond which will get me the platinum. You may have to hit up faction wars to get a few lucky token briefcase pulls but after hitting 500 I got a decent amount of token briefcases as well. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, RuggedProGaming said:

There's 2 things you can do to help. 1) grind faction wars until you get amethyst Samoa Joe and Diamond Randy orton. Samoa Joe will stun people with one square,x,x,x combo. This will allow you to get your finisher off and in multiman matches, he taps people quick with his finisher taking advantage of his space invader badge. Randy orton on the other hand can also stun people quickly, not as quickly as Joe but usually with 2 combos. He also gets 2 bars of special whenever you reverse and drains the opponents special and finisher whenever you stun them. They help a ton when playing on legendary. 

Now, if you're going for the Plat and doing proving grounds on legendary in hopes to get that diamond sasha banks and stone cold... STOP. You don't need to get those cards to get 5 diamonds. If you get the 3 diamonds in the faction wars you can get the other 2 from the token market. You'll just have to complete the proving grounds on an average of hard. Basically get 84 medals in each chapter. This will get you 170 tokens per chapter. My plan was doing tough matches like ladder matches on normal, and then do an easy match on legendary to make up for only getting 1 token on that normal match. Basically for every legendary match you complete you can do another match within the same chapter on normal because they'll even out. As long as every other match is done on hard. 

If you get 84 medals on each chapter, have the 500 wins and grabbed the 3 diamonds in the faction tower, completed the weekly towers with token rewards, have been doing daily challenges for token rewards and have been completing the lifetime challenges with token rewards you'll have just enough to get all the way to the diamond market and afford 2 diamonds. In my case I got the rock and once I complete the loyalty challenge I'll get another 45 tokens to add to my current 40 and I can buy another 75 token diamond which will get me the platinum. You may have to hit up faction wars to get a few lucky token briefcase pulls but after hitting 500 I got a decent amount of token briefcases as well. 

Wow, this helped me a lot. I've done 2 full chapters on Legendary in Proving Grounds so far... It was killing me. Can I add you to PSN to pick your brain some more on this platinum?

10 hours ago, DevDaddyW said:

Wow, this helped me a lot. I've done 2 full chapters on Legendary in Proving Grounds so far... It was killing me. Can I add you to PSN to pick your brain some more on this platinum?

For sure! My PSN is the same as my username here. The hardest part about legendary is getting the match objectives in my opinion. So when you're doing a tag match, having to score almost all the match objectives for each person before going for the win was a pain in the ass. But far easier when only doing on hard. I'm glad I could help. I just got my last diamond today but I'm missing one last daily challenge so I'll be getting the platinum tomorrow and will only play myfaction again if they update it and add better content for the mode. 

• Like 1

I've found that strikers are the easiest/quickest to get the 90 points with for legendary. Their non-taunt-or-special goals can be done quicker. However, where I'm struggling in proving grounds is the constant amount of ladder matches. The AI sometimes gets laser focused on you that you can have 2 or 3 enemies wailing on you and there's no chance of reprieve or reversal. In previous games, if the AI hit another, even accidentally, the hit AI would then change targets. It doesn't work like that anymore.

I'm currently in the last match of chapter 2 and it's a 2v2v2v2 ladder match. I've been playing it for 20 minutes and everyone is pretty much full red health. The briefcase has had one section hit. One.

This is on normal as well. I'd have hit all the legendary goals by now.

Two wrestlers who helped me considerably in proving grounds legendary are Ruby Riddle and Ruby Sonya Deville.  

Both are fantastic strikers with incredible chances to stun when you spam square allowing you to hit signatures and finishers without the opponent reversing. For ladder matches I use Riddle or Amethyst Kofi as they have quick climber. 

14 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

I've found that strikers are the easiest/quickest to get the 90 points with for legendary. Their non-taunt-or-special goals can be done quicker. However, where I'm struggling in proving grounds is the constant amount of ladder matches. The AI sometimes gets laser focused on you that you can have 2 or 3 enemies wailing on you and there's no chance of reprieve or reversal. In previous games, if the AI hit another, even accidentally, the hit AI would then change targets. It doesn't work like that anymore.

I'm currently in the last match of chapter 2 and it's a 2v2v2v2 ladder match. I've been playing it for 20 minutes and everyone is pretty much full red health. The briefcase has had one section hit. One.

This is on normal as well. I'd have hit all the legendary goals by now.

A trick for the ladder matches that I've found is when someone climbs up the ladder with you to battle you up top, hit o and do the grab. You'll smash their head into the ladder and I'd say it takes about a good 10 seconds before they can actually attack again. Right after you hit them with that move, play the mini game a bit more and then cancel it when they're about to regain control. Hit them with the O grab again and wash and repeat. This only helps if the AI isn't charging at you though or knocks the ladder over by accident, but this scenario does seem to happen frequently. Also with 2 people on the ladder sometimes the AI will completely focus on the other person and not attack you. 

• Like 1

A good trick I learned about, If you irish whip someone into the ringside barricade and the light attack them. They will stay there until you touch them again. Which makes handicap matches so much easier. Just be warned the AI will sometimes atack them so they are able to move again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

A good trick I learned about, If you irish whip someone into the ringside barricade and the light attack them. They will stay there until you touch them again. Which makes handicap matches so much easier. Just be warned the AI will sometimes atack them so they are able to move again.

Yeah really nice method mentioned above, makes it easy to AFK iron man matches as well :)

On 18/04/2022 at 3:16 PM, Im_Not_Banksy said:

And they've patched it.