Best Game Native to PS5 only

Staufway

Given a choice to pick any PS5 game with PS5 bundle.

IYO - what' are the best PS5 games now that makes worth getting a PS5 at this time?

Excluding those that have a PS4 version so the likes of Elden Ring, CoD, etc. do not count when you can just get both version buying the PS4 version anyways.

All I could think of on a short notice is maybe Demon Souls and Ratchet Clank.  But I see the latter has been getting cheaper these days so may not pick that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

the pickens are slim. demons souls has a ps3 version, so i dunno if that would even count. besides that, ones not mentioned here are astros playroom, destruction allstars, deathloop and ghostwire tokyo. those last two are just timed exclusives too.

Astros playroom is free with all ps5. 

Ghostwire tokyo is pure crap. Character designs for some enemies is cool, everything else is just a long boring grindy collect-a-thon.

Demon's Souls is my vote.

I would not gauge a 'best', but I could whittle down to my favorite amongst my four PS5 exclusives:

• Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Neptunia Reverse
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Nep's a simple remaster of a Vita title (Rebirth 1) - a great Vita title, but not a competitor for PS5. Astro is packed with great fun and tremendous charm, but it's a too-brief pack-in; Demon's Souls astounds with grandeur and gameplay, but it *is* a remake from PS3; Rivet R&C brings a whirlwind of entertainment and showmanship, but it costs 70 at retail for more or less a one-and-done.

Mmm. R&C: Rift Apart, if tallying bonafide newness only; Demon's Souls, if expanded to revisits. ^.^

2 minutes ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

Demon's Souls is excellent, but also not a PS5 exclusive.

Returnal is well-made, but I think probably a bit of a niche audience. Crusader Kings 3 is similar. Great, but niche.

Astro's Playroom would be what I would suggest for a general audience.

I know you're referring to the original PS3 version of Demon's Souls, but I'd argue because it is a full remake (not remaster) from a separate studio and skipped the PS4 generation (so no back compat), it's still considered a PS5 exclusive in every sense.

Well the choices for ps5 only games is very very limited. Your choices are 

Deathloop

Astros playroom

Returnal 

Ratchet and clank rift apart

Destruction all-stars 

As every other game is either on ps4/xbox or pc or is just a remake or remaster.

I see alot of people say demons souls but they forget the ps5 version is a remake of the ps3 version.

And ff7 is a remake ofcourse but the only part that's ps5 exclusive is dlc so that doesn't count

49 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

Deathloop

Astros playroom

Returnal 

Destruction all-stars 

As every other game is either on ps4/xbox or pc or is just a remake or remaster.

I see alot of people say demons souls but they forget the ps5 version is a remake of the ps3 version.

And ff7 is a remake ofcourse but the only part that's ps5 exclusive is dlc so that doesn't count

I don't think "people are forgetting DS is a PS5 remake of a PS3 game". It's a PS5 exclusive that you cannot play on PS4, which is the whole criteria for getting a PS5 / why the OP is even asking to begin with. Or do you tell people to go play OG Resident Evil 2 on the PlayStation because the PS4 game is "just a remake" lol?!

Edited by that_dude_cam_ps
typo

Played 5 of them so far and they are all great games, although I am a huge souls fan I wouldn’t put Demons souls as the best, that would be Deathloop for me! Maybe cause my expectations from dishonored 2 weren’t let’s say that high I was so surprised and in a way amazed! Brilliant game overall! 

1: Deathloop

2: Demons souls

3: Returnal

4: Ratchet

5: Astro 

"native to PS5" as you define it, which is not the right definition, is a very, very short list of games

I've seen Demon's Souls listed, nup, that is a PS3 game too, so it's not a "native to PS5" game

my answer to your question is the Matrix Unreal Engine 5 demo, really, that is the only true native PS5 software on the console right now

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

Deathloop

Astros playroom

Returnal 

Destruction all-stars 

Why are these the only choices?  I don’t have a full list of PS5-only games but the list is longer than those 5.  Heck, even Monster Energy Supercross 5 is PS5-only.

Edited by djb5f

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Why are these the only choices?  I don’t have a full list of PS5-only games but the list is longer than those 5.  Heck, even Monster Energy Supercross 5 is PS5-only.

Monster energy supercross 5 is also on xbox so not native to ps5.

The list is that small because there only that many games truly native to ps5. 

I've not got one yet as I'm not paying £500+ for a oversized Internet router and will wait till ps5 v.20 comes

16 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

Monster energy supercross 5 is also on xbox so not native to ps5.

The list is that small because there only that many games truly native to ps5. 

I've not got one yet as I'm not paying £500+ for a oversized Internet router and will wait till ps5 v.20 comes

Oh, I read the original post as being exclusive to new gen (ps5), not necessarily a PlayStation exclusive.