Worth a Platinum?

15 hours ago, Heziip said:

As for the powerpyx platinum guide I think the hour estimate is very generous. I’ve about 12 hours of actual playtime and I’ve finished the story, have pre sequels 100% free play, and have done a good bit in the hubs as well. I realize the hubs are the biggest part but 20 hours sounds like enough time to get all the story complete + free play clean up for sure

Well I averaged 90-120 minutes per episode purely running through them, and for an average gamer taking their time I'd put it at 2 hours minimum so 9x2 = 18, let's call it roughly 20 hours. Then having to go through it all again for Minikits and Challenges takes just as long. Although I did do it without any guides or anything, it might be a bit quicker now with YouTube vids and all that.

It’s a long one for sure, I’m 60 hours in, and I just finished all the planet and still need to 100 % the main story and that’s it, 

the planet clean up was really fun but took about 40 hours alone, expect the platinum to let you 70 - 90 hours easily.

this is the longest Lego game I’ve played, while the level are shorter, the planet clean up is endless, it will feel like it. As someone who platinum all but 2 Lego, the recent one, I can say this is a time sink. 

it gets very repetitive when you get to 800 - 900 bricks. Overall though, it’s a fun Lego game, with less than normal, it didn’t run s good as I wanted on the ps5.

going to finish it tomorrow or the day after for sure, very excited, 

Edited by berserklover
  • Like 1

In normal time I’d blast through a decent title in a week at most to 100% but this one takes forever. Still a lot of fun though especially when I’m in free roam with the mandalorian and Darth Vader. Weird combo but I like it?.

The only ‘bad’ part is getting through Disney Wars 7-9. Horrible movies and I can really notice my excitement going downhill playing those main levels.

• Like 3

If it's fun then spending that much time in it will always be worth it. 

As someone who's played (and platted) like 14 LEGO games, the biggest issue with them is that, while fun, they all feel the same with a different coat of paint, after awhile. So nothing was worse than LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, not only was the game not very good (considering how awesome the first one is), but up until now it was the longest game to date (I think I put like 60+ hours into it...albeit, I wrote the guide for it on PST, so there was a lot of me being thorough), so it felt like a total slog to play. If there's a nice little change up to the formula here with The Skywalker Saga, then it might feel refreshing enough again to put that amount of time into it. 

• Like 1

For those going for the platinum I would strongly suggest do each challenge in one go. The porg one glitched on me 47 hours in and it seems like the mouse droid might glitch as well. If you has ps+ make sure to have a back up save if anything happens. Good luck to those going for it.

On 4/10/2022 at 4:17 AM, groomyboy said:

(especially the ones with voice acting, that is a sin against half the fun of the Lego games),

Good news for you. There is a "mumble mode" option to turn off the voice acting and have the characters speak as they do in the earlier Lego games (sadly, there is no Draco Malfoy booing, though).

My impressions are that I have really enjoyed the game, but that enjoyment was torpedoed by a progress blocking glitch that wouldn't allow me to complete the objective to speak to Maz to continue progressing through Episode 7 after I had already completed Episodes 1-6 and collected about 800 or so of the 1100+ Kyber bricks. I've had to start over, and this time I started with Episode 7 (you can start at the beginning of any of the trilogies). I got through it and am on the road to being back to where I was, but it's probably about 40 hours dumped in my case because of the glitch. There have also been several other glitches: visual gltiches, side missions randomly starting without having visited the planet from which they originiate, and somehow, my stud count does not end in zero even though they can only be worth 10, 100, 1,000, or 10,000.

On the whole, it's enjoyable, but fair warning on the glitches. Might be worth waiting until this has had a patch or two.

2 hours ago, NeilBefore_ZOD said:

Good news for you. There is a "mumble mode" option to turn off the voice acting and have the characters speak as they do in the earlier Lego games (sadly, there is no Draco Malfoy booing, though).

My impressions are that I have really enjoyed the game, but that enjoyment was torpedoed by a progress blocking glitch that wouldn't allow me to complete the objective to speak to Maz to continue progressing through Episode 7 after I had already completed Episodes 1-6 and collected about 800 or so of the 1100+ Kyber bricks. I've had to start over, and this time I started with Episode 7 (you can start at the beginning of any of the trilogies). I got through it and am on the road to being back to where I was, but it's probably about 40 hours dumped in my case because of the glitch. There have also been several other glitches: visual gltiches, side missions randomly starting without having visited the planet from which they originiate, and somehow, my stud count does not end in zero even though they can only be worth 10, 100, 1,000, or 10,000.

On the whole, it's enjoyable, but fair warning on the glitches. Might be worth waiting until this has had a patch or two.

The Maz glitch is very common and the devs know about it. Would have been better holding off for a patch as it'll almost certainly get fixed unlike if you were the only one who had it!

On 08/04/2022 at 9:12 PM, djb5f said:

I’ve never platted a LEGO game (the cleanup is too long and too much of a collectathon for my liking) so I am sure I won’t invest the time for a platinum here.  But I will definitely play it as Star Wars is a franchise I really like.

If I do go back and platinum a LEGO game, it will most likely be Force Awakens as I don’t think that is as long as other LEGO games I’ve played (Marvel Superheroes, Avengers, Batman 3)?

Ok, I am pretty close to Platinum in LEGO Rock Band but that has 2 very difficult trophies remaining.

Same here, I enjoy playing LEGO games but the cleanup and 100% I don’t have patience for, not worth it to me. Don’t think I have a single LEGO platinum. I just came here to see if the game is playable and not a disaster.. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This slog to 100% for the platinum is getting tedious. It feels like it's never going to end. The amount of bricks for pointless planets hitting 25-35 is ridiculous at moments. I just finished 100% all the planets and I still have to finish the challenges. It's a long ass game that doesn't feel like it should be this long. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My comment above from back in April didn't age very well. 

This is a great game in it's own right...but I'm well over 100 hours, I have 2 planets left to finish and I'm absolutely exhausted with this game. It's too much...it's not so much that there's too many collectibles (I don't usually mind collectibles in any game) it's the hoops you have to jump through to get them, the constant back and forth for side missions. Usually the hub world clean up is what I enjoy in LEGO games...but it's just mindnumbing in this one, I actually preferred Free play. 

I'd still say LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 was worse only because it wasn't a very fun game to play...but this game needs to show TT games that they need to calm down a little bit. You don't have to do THIS much. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 4

Up to now all I have left is collecting everything on every planet but oh boy! All of the side missions is where my problem is, it were all padding, a lot taking about 10 minutes each to complete (including load times) and there are 140... Overkill and just dull.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little background about me that you may or may not consider relevant: When I was a child, the third game I played on the NES was Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins (the first two were Mario and Duck Hunt.) I tried to play it for about 15 minutes, determined I hated it and that it was unfair, and complained. I was told “tough” and that I had what I had. No swapsies. I fumed about this for a while, then resolved that the game didn’t get to “win,” and proceeded to beat my head against GnG for the next week and a half until I finally beat it out of pure spite. That marked me and my gaming habits very early.

Fast forward three and a half decades. In the time since, I’ve played and 100%ed a large number of the Lego games; Star Wars, Original TrilogyComplete Saga, Indiana Jones 1 & 2Harry Potter 1 and 2PiratesBatman. I’ve also thrown in the towel on several (resolving to come back to them one day) due to just not enjoying them; DC Super-VillainsThe HobbitThe Force AwakensBatman 2 & 3. I also own several others, picked up during sales but untouched; Marvel Super-HeroesJurassic Park.

Like a couple of others here, I adored these games when they started, playing the hell out of them and eager for each new entry, but feel they took a significant dive in quality and enjoyment about the time they started trying to be “serious” and making everyone actually talk instead of relying on slapstick comedy and pantomime. I also felt they were getting needlessly complicated. I felt the original methods - you have 6-8 “types” of character, each one has one special thing they do, and it’s obvious when their special thing is useful for something - were sufficient, and that more recent titles had gotten too convoluted and bloated. Skywalker Saga looked like it was dialing it back a notch or two so I decided to give it a go.

Skywalker Saga is significantly better than the other “new style” titles - it has at least kept me entertained enough for me to play through it - but it has also triggered my “game doesn’t get to win” attitude and is the second or third worst slog for 100% I’ve ever encountered. (The other two keeping it company are Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and NEO: The World Ends With You.) There’s just too bloody much stuff to do. I understand value for your money, and I understand that most people who enjoy a thing want more time with that thing, but the game wore out its welcome for me somewhere around Kyber Brick #400. It is easily one of the most bloated, overbaked, chock-full of pointless content games I’ve ever played.

That’s a very long way to say: No. I do not think the game is worth getting the Platinum, unless you’re like me and have a weird mental issue about “beating” the game. Certainly worth playing through the main storyline and futzing around the open world for a bit, but doing the 100% is a painful slog that says “more content is not always a good thing” in my eyes. Thank all associated higher/lower/alien powers, at least I’m almost done. (About 30 more Level Challenges and 60 more Mini-kits and I’ll be free at last.)

EDIT: So… yeah. I beat it. I was then informed that for all my hard work a “reward” awaited atop the temple of Yavin 4. I’d seen the lever with the ominous percentage hovering above it before, and noted that it was in a very spacious room, and was hoping for either some kind of bonus level (similar to the large open Lego City levels back in the the first couple of Lego Star Wars or Lego Indiana Jones games) or maybe a fun cutscene - seeing everyone dance, or maybe a pantomime of an amusing scene or series of them, perhaps - so I climbed on up once the platinum had popped and flipped the switch.

If anything, my “reward” for doing so just further cemented that going through all of it wasn’t worth it. You get

Spoiler

Luke, Leia, Ben, Rey, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Han clapping, some fireworks, and a seemingly limitless - but slow - fountain of studs. You know, the things that are utterly useless once you’ve already gotten everything.

Yeah. Thanks, Skywalker Saga. I feel so rewarded. Makes me double down on “Play it, finish the story, futz around if you like, but don’t bother doing everything unless you actively hate yourself.” But still. I beat you, game.

Edited by Ashande
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/04/2022 at 11:37 AM, W0ndrful101 said:

I have a really unpopular opinion about this game, but you might want to hear it. To me, this is the worst LEGO game since quite some time. I only played the first movie, but I doubt the formula will change. The game doesn't really have LEGO levels the way you knew them. The whole first movie was just walking from point A to point B in "open" world, with 5 levels in between. 3 of them are races, 1 is a boss fight, and in 1 you have to collect some stuff and play a little minigame, every one of them takes like 5 minutes to finish. I was waiting for an actual level to show up, but I realised it's never really coming. They just totally scrapped the usual levels, where you follow the story, fight a lot, do puzzles, and later you replay it with different characters for the 100%, now it's all just races and bossfights, takes 2 minutes for the true jedi, 5 minutes to finish, and the only similiar level to the oldschool ones is the one where you collect stuff and play a little minigame, but it's like 1% of what it once were. There is more stuff in the open world to do, but I find it pretty boring, that said, I never liked in in the previous games. The only think that I like about it is the new fighting system, but on the other hand I really miss unique finishers from different characters, unless they are in, and I just didn't have a chance to see one. I really liked LEGO plats/100% and I've been collecting them across multiple platforms for years, but this one seems like a stretch. I will keep playing for now, but the game is a huge disappointment to me.
Please note that it's just my opinion, I'm very happy for everyone enjoying the hell out of this game.

I'm enjoying this game but can see where you're coming from. I do miss the old structure. I would say I'm a bit of a Lego noob since I've only played three of them prior to Skywalker Saga but every Lego game I've played so far has a structure that draws a very clear line between freeroam and levels. The levels are linear and have mini goals like 'true villain' or 'true jedi' and some self contained collectibles, and that would the majority of the actual mission. Whereas this one seems to present more like any other semi open world game where you are frequently thrown into story missions that entail just walking from A to B in the hub world  to pad outs it length, and the actual levels are very short and sandwiched somewhere between. I think it's visually great and I enjoy the puzzles and activities. I do like how even if you don't reach 'true jedi' in a level you can sill get a brick for every stud tier you complete which takes away some of the deflation of coming so close and failing.

My only real gripe is the performance. I've had a few hard crashes and frozen screens, particularly when fast travelling. I've heard this game is buggy as well so I'm somewhat mistrustful of it. But other than that I'm having fun.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this: it's the last lego game ever for me. Life is short and this is not worth it. I have played/plat more than a dozen lego games and they were fun and I enjoyed them. But not like this.. This one has short levels lacking puzzles but it has ubisoft x 10 collectibles. Actually I will avoid any open world game that has mind blowing repetitive side quests and infinite/useless collectibles, just from now on. 

It's a nightmare for trophy hunters and sometimes I feel it's THE punishment.  that moment when I ask myself: why do I do this.. ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

If you're into Star Wars and don't mind the grind, yeah. The game sure has a lot of collectables. It was made with love, it's nice to see all the locations, ships, characters, missions and all done in the Lego universe, but the grind to complete everything on every planet at the end does feel like a bit of a slog at some point.

• 2 months later...

Took me 130 hours to get this platinum. It is my proudest platinum simply because of the time invested alone. I've never spent that many hours going for a platinum and its unheard of for me. 

Good thing I love Star Wars because if it wasn't a Star Wars game I'd have not been willing to spend 130 hours trying to plat it. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Lego games have always been collect-a-thon's but this game takes it to the next level. 

Just an overwhelming amount of collectibles. Think AC Valhalla level of collectibles and then add another 20-30% more on top of that. The story takes 10-12 hours and the remaining 90 hours is all just collectible hunting. 

It feels like it never ends. On one hand, that's a great thing. This game has a ton of content and it's not totally repetitive as you'd think it would be. Every single Kyber brick is its own unique mini-puzzle to get it and that is fun however.... there's just way too many of them. 1200 to be exact that you need to collect and no, I didn't accidentally add an extra zero there. Plus all the ships and characters and side missions and minikits and challenges.... it makes your head spin how much they packed into this game and I've platinum'ed pretty much every Lego game since the PS3 and this one is the biggest by far. Literally double the size of any Lego game that came before it. 

This is the kind of game you play in between other games and then eventually, months down the road after chipping away at it, you'll get the game 100%'ed and platinum'ed. If you try to hit it head on and take it all on at once, you'll burn yourself out quickly. 

It needs to be stressed though that this doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's a really good, light-hearted and fun game as a matter of fact that you should play anyway but just in regards to trophies, prepare yourself for the marathon that it is. It makes it feel all the much better when that platinum finally pops after 100 long hours spent on it. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 5:10 AM, mega-tallica said:

This is the kind of game you play in between other games and then eventually, months down the road after chipping away at it, you'll get the game 100%'ed and platinum'ed. If you try to hit it head on and take it all on at once, you'll burn yourself out quickly. 

100% agree with this. If you decide to plat this game you should definitely think of it as a long term project. I finally got it done yesterday after starting it during christmas, took me a total of 98 hours. Grinding for the collectibles in the open world wasn't that bad but replaying the levels in free play to get all the minikits and complete all the level challenges got really boring.

• Like 1