Blackout Characters Guide

HaserPL

26 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

Isn't it like searching for a needle in a haystack? As someon'es whose on the user's (and new to the game, besides), I don't know how many Blackout session are onging at any given moment, I'm not privy to those things.

So come back with questions once you've played long enough. I'm not going to tutor you through every aspect of this mode when you don't know anything. 

2 hours ago, HarasserPL said:

So come back with questions once you've played long enough. I'm not going to tutor you through every aspect of this mode when you don't know anything. 

For a guy who named this thread Blackout Characters Guide ,at least as of the time of this writing, you sure are forthcoming with regards to actually guiding people.

(Also, I've played for 4-6 hours , so I know the game a bit).

Edited by Seamndel
  • Like 1

Just now, Seamndel said:

Isn't it like searching for a needle in a haystack? As someone's whose on the user's (and new to the game, besides), I don't know how many Blackout session are onging at any given moment, I'm not privy to those things.

Sorry to cut into your convo, but here's a good boosting session going on that I've been apart of and they're very good.

https://psnprofiles.com/session/270783-call-of-duty-black-ops-4

Just now, Van-Helsings said:

is it possible to start this now and get to 100%? and would it be easier now since the game is not as active? (easier to boost perhaps?)

It's not easy to boost as the community of tryhards is now very annoying to deal with, but only 1/2 lobbies of any type are active at any given time. I did it so yeah its possible, but woods is no joke.

1 minute ago, HarasserPL said:

It's not easy to boost as the community of tryhards is now very annoying to deal with, but only 1/2 lobbies of any type are active at any given time. I did it so yeah its possible, but woods is no joke.

alright thanks for the speedy reply mate, i just need to get BO4 done lol

2 hours ago, Seamndel said:

For a guy who named this thread Blackout Characters Guide ,at least as of the time of this writing, you sure are forthcoming with regards to actually guiding people.

(Also, I've played for 4-6 hours , so I know the game a bit).

I don't give a flying fuck if someone needs guidance, I can clear some things up but that's why I didn't make a trophy guide. I can simply ignore stupid questions such as how to boost this game. It's just a bunch of tips that you may or may not use to unlock the characters in an easier way. You not understanding basic things about Blackout is none of my concern. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few insights. 

-Matchmaking to different teams in Blackout works pretty well, even if you and your friends are half-a-world apart. @theoghambone_2  have been matched pretty consistently, even though he's in North America and I'm in the Middle-East. No need to use invites, just coordinate the moment you search ("Deploy") via voice chat. We played at ~23PM GMT , for those asking. 

-The best way to confirm whether you're in the same game after being matched, is if the first player to drop in the lobby announces the amount of players currently in-match (the number will be displayed at the top right corner, when you drop into the map after the loading screen). If the number on your screen is about the same , then you are probably in the same match.

- In general, I don't recommend attempting Woods with other players who play with the advent of getting trophies, but rather with randoms/casuals in the "Quads" Blackout mode (4-player) . That way, you might get help from player who are more - and better - focused on actually winning.

- I've seen/heard players rage quit after failing the chopper part for Woods' bandana. I besiege you: fret not. Flying the chopper for 1 minute is very easy (granted the chopper spawn in the first place, of course). Simply, once you get the bandana get immediately in driver seat of the chopper and fly to either 1) North-East behind the dam, or 2)North-West behind the furthest half-Island protruding from the mainland. Both of these locations are good, because no one rarely goes there due to absence of loot. Just hover low above the water with the chopper. Again this is NOT a 100% sure way, but as long as you make you way as quickly as possible to the chopper; not doddle getting loot; fly low towards the destination. 

-Don't lose faith if you get to the bandana location and other players are already there. You'd be surprised how many casuals just loot the area and leave the bandana the helicopter alone in their wake. There's a light-brown crop of rock overlooking the bandana. You may lie prone there and wait for the enemies to leave before scrambling down , grabbing the bandana and flying away.

- Don't feel bad for your teammates, after you spend your 60 seconds flying the helicopter you're going to rendezvous with them.

-Infact, don't be afraid to leave your chopper's cover before getting to 60 seconds - the fly back to your teammates would probably overlap with some of the time requirement. Don't feel bad, ditching the helicopter mid-flight on your way back. "Strength in Numbers" is part and parcel of Blackout. The sooner you get to your teammates after completing the 60-seconds objective, the better. 

-A lot of player don't seem to know this , but you can get to pretty much everywhere on the map upon first paradropping if you just gain enough momentum by first straight-down air diving and then gradually tilting yourself a bit more horizontally..

-Actual winning is all a matter of group tactics. I'd recommend sticking to the fringes , scavang/hunker down in buildings/behind or on top of hills as a GROUP

Edited by Seamndel

Woods character can be achieved with a good team and a few tries, but my opinion is that Reznov is more difficult than Woods. ( of course, I'm not arguing that it's easy, but I think Reznov is a headache)

What makes it difficult for Woods is that the chopper area, especially in D3, is constantly on the target of many teams, even if you get the bandana, some people won't leave without blowing up the chopper.

*You've worked hard, thank you for the guide.

Edited by seyhano

1 hour ago, seyhano said:

Woods character can be achieved with a good team and a few tries, but my opinion is that Reznov is more difficult than Woods. ( of course, I'm not arguing that it's easy, but I think Reznov is a headache)

What makes it difficult for Woods is that the chopper area, especially in D3, is constantly on the target of many teams, even if you get the bandana, some people won't leave without blowing up the chopper.

I bet all the people who are stuck on Woods would disagree with you lol

• Like 2

On 23.5.2022 at 10:54 AM, seyhano said:

Your opinion sounds like its still stuck in the year 2018 where the playerbase didn't consist of tryhards with 10000 hours of playtime and with some unsuccessful twitch/Youtube Accounts.

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 2:11 PM, HarasserPL said:

Usually, you need to have a character's item equipped all the way through the game to unlock said characters, but on Alcatraz, it's not the case. The reason why Alcatraz is glitched is that the game will still think you carry the mission item even if you were killed. No one will be able to loot it from your corpse beside you but it's not necessary to pick it up again. As long as you don't drop the item yourself after fulfilling the requirements, you're good. This also applies to the Hot & Heavy playlist of Blackout (the big map). 

Reznov - Find his item at the Estates, can spawn on two monuments (red arrows below) and in the Asylum on the Blood Fountain but it's not advisable to go there. Once you have it, go with your friend/s to F1 square on the map (white star) and stand near the wooden fence, have your buddy go as far away as possible until you can barely see them, preferably all the way to the house if you have a sniper rifle, and kill them. Doable even with an SMG although you may need a full clip or two, then just stay hidden until Top 5. Best doable in Solos. 

For those going for Reznov on the "Hot and Heavy" mode:

I can confirm you need the Ushanka hat in your inventory when you get the 200m kill (meaning: you cannot pick it up, die, get your 200m kill and then win the game).

It is fine if you pick up the Ushanka , get the 200m kill and then die (minded your team gets to the required placement, which varies according the mode of play).

In "Hot and Heavy", which is a 4-player mode you need to get to 2nd place after getting the 200m kill with the Ushanka.

Thanks to @seyhano and @Nothin_butJord4n.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Your opinion sounds like its still stuck in the year 2018 where the playerbase didn't consist of tryhards with 10000 hours of playtime and with some unsuccessful twitch/Youtube Accounts.

I completely respect your opinion. Everyone's experience in this game can be very different, and the reason I called Reznov's character the hardest was because I couldn't shoot from 200 meters, even though I tried many times, which is still the case.  (and finish the match in the high ranking as 2/3/5)  For some, this is a piece of cake.

@Seamndel It is always a great pleasure for me to be on the same team as you and to play for many hours.

On 4/8/2022 at 2:11 PM, HarasserPL said:

Shaw - This one is tricky. You need to find the Alchemical Set from killing zombies which will also drop you Acid Bomb and Wraith Fire as well (although sometimes the game just said fuck you and dropped only the Set without grenades). You need to down two enemies using either of those so it's best to have your two buddies kill zombies with you and as soon as you have the Set with grenades, kill both of them with a single grenade. Only these two types of grenades will count, frags/molotovs/clusters won't count.

I can confirm - at least in Alcatraz - you can kill the same person twice with the Wrathe/Acid grenade. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i have a question regarding Menedez on Alcatraz. I read that some people say that you can get character item (the locket) in supply stashes (boxes hide around that does not drop from plane) can someone either confirm whether or not this is the case? If it can be in supply stashes do anyone know of some good locations to check for stashes on Alcatraz?

12 minutes ago, pikaopas said:

Hey, i have a question regarding Menedez on Alcatraz. I read that some people say that you can get character item (the locket) in supply stashes (boxes hide around that does not drop from plane) can someone either confirm whether or not this is the case? If it can be in supply stashes do anyone know of some good locations to check for stashes on Alcatraz?

The locket will only be found in the supply drops from the plane, accompanied with a shotgun. 

2 hours ago, pikaopas said:

On Alcatraz the stashes contain some character items, but none necessary for any trophies. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Exairesi said:

@HarasserPL So lets say on Alcatraz I pick up mug shot and don't get the melee kill, do I need to go back to my pack get mug shot OR can I just get a melee kill? From what I can tell from your initial post, you do not, but I just wanted to clarify.

You need to be holding the item whilst you fulfil the requirements. If you die and respawn without having met the requirements, you'll need to find the mugshot again and get that kill.

6 hours ago, Exairesi said:

@HarasserPL So lets say on Alcatraz I pick up mug shot and don't get the melee kill, do I need to go back to my pack get mug shot OR can I just get a melee kill? From what I can tell from your initial post, you do not, but I just wanted to clarify.

Do you have any problems with understanding basic sentences? If I wrote you don't, then you don't lmao.

after a lot of games, I was finally able to get Mason.

I've always landed in Array first( between C4-D4, you should check all area), then I moved  to C4 and check where there are two houses, then moving to C3 where there are 3 small warehouses before 8 houses, finally 8 houses. 

the key points for me were the following ; 

I have collected all the healing kits and traumar kits.

i found t-shirt 2-3 times every 10 games in the places I specified.

After finding the t-shirt, do not rush to go to the sleeper agent, circle is very important, stay out of the circle most of the time.

Moving as a solo always increases your chances to be in the top 15.

I have failed by doing these things every time LOL,the internet connection was very bad in the last game I played, I think that's how I got it.

Many people left the game due to a bad internet connection, so I had the opportunity to search supply stashes in a comfortable way. 

Edited by seyhano

I bent over backwards to unlock Woods over the past month, now it's good to know that my effort has finally paid off. Still need a few wins, though.

This platinum trophy is now within my grasp, and once I obtain it, this much I vow: I will never play any Battle Royale once again!