To anyone who has the platinum

7 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

It sounds like you want the Recruitment FAQ and an actual Guide & Walkthrough

None of these apply to the new edition specifically, but I imagine they're still mostly relevant.

Exactly!

2 hours ago, john_prado said:

I want to start now, but I don’t want to do 3 playthrough. Just want to know the missables…

It's just a matter of planning ahead and making duplicate saves before key decisions and story branches. Then just make use of Continue+ to load your duplicate saves after beating the game for the first time. It will retain everything you had on your previous playthrough (Characters, elements, equipments.... well, except key items and Level 7 techs, obviously).

About the missables, you may want to keep an eye on the custom frames, and Leena and Razzly's Level 7 techs.

Edited by Unpreeh
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Unpreeh said:

Exactly!

It's just a matter of planning ahead and making duplicate saves before key decisions and story branches. Then just make use of Continue+ to load your duplicate saves after beating the game for the first time. It will retain everything you had on your previous playthrough (Characters, elements, equipments.... well, except key items and Level 7 techs, obviously).

About the missables, you may want to keep an eye on the custom frames, and Leena and Razzly's Level 7 techs.

That sounds extremely confusing about continue+ 

2 hours ago, Unpreeh said:

Exactly!

I'm getting Razzly on my first playthrough. If I keep a save having gotten both of these level 7 techs will I be good to come back to it later for the tripe tech trophies?

7 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

How do we get the roulette mini-game trophy? They took the pause button out of this version of the game.

Seems you can use the PS button in the same manner. :ps:

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 1:30 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

That sounds extremely confusing about continue+ 

Think of it this way.. Continue+ works the same way as New Game+. Only difference is, while New Game+ lets you start the game all over, Continue+ lets you continue anywhere (as long as the save file is from a fresh, uncleared playthrough; you may want to take note of this) while retaining everything from your previous playthrough - recruited characters, elements, custom frames, equipments with the exception of L7 techs and key items obviously. This is why you want to make duplicate/triplicate saves before key decisions and story branches.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, IcySeaSurfer said:

I'm getting Razzly on my first playthrough. If I keep a save having gotten both of these level 7 techs will I be good to come back to it later for the tripe tech trophies?

If you're getting Razzly and Leena on your first playthrough anyway, why not get both of their L7 techs as soon as possible and get the Deadly Delta trophy out of the way so you won't have to come back to anything? 

22 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I'm highly considering to do one (Walkthrough), looks like an interesting challenge that will result as much benefit to everyone. If I do though, it will be one of my side projects I work on as I work on bigger games so perhaps a month or 2 of. I really dislike the old 'block of text' walkthroughs out there, I really don't think they have aged well.

I have VERY fond memories of Chrono Trigger and I never really played this sequel.

I played it for few minutes and the character systems are really weird or I guess original. I started the game and I had a team of 3, I restarted shortly after and now my party was slightly different.........?? I've also read that sometimes you need to load different saves to acquire different characters......yea, sounds very confusing

That's great to hear!!! I'm currently working on one, but I guess I can stop now because Optinooby can do it better. Dude, you're my hero!! I'm currently using your Mortal Shell guide for my next platinum.

23 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

I just want to know - - How do we get the roulette mini-game trophy? They took the pause button out of this version of the game. 1f620.png

Yes, pausing is no longer possible in the remaster. Thank goodness I was able to discover a workaround and get this in less than five minutes, because I swear this could've killed my fastest achiever status.

I made use of the PS Home button instead. Before you fade into your PS Home menu, it would give you a "quick glimpse" of where the needle is currently pointed. Not only do you want it pointed between West and South, you also have to make sure it's at the lower end of the quadrant. Refer to this image.

https://ibb.co/xHw45L0

Then repeatedly press O (I'm playing the R3 version) upon resuming. You may want to mash harder and faster, for good measure. People have been telling me it isn't working for them, so I'm guessing there must've been some input delay because it totally worked for me.

21 hours ago, SomeGuyNamedKai said:

Hi, platinum owner here. 

If you're using the recruitment guides on Gamefaqs, make sure you make a save between saving Riddel and going to Hermit's Hideaway. That one has the tightest window and I recall the guides missing that one.

I always thought I was gonna be the first. Just curious, how did you manage to plat it three days before release? Congrats tho. :D

Edited by Unpreeh
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Unpreeh said:

That's great to hear!!! I'm currently working on one, but I guess I can stop now because Optinooby can do it better. Dude, you're my hero!! I'm currently using your Mortal Shell guide for my next platinum.

Oh hey ;), don't let me stop you  I'm sure yours will be just as great if you believe mine to be so, or perhaps yours will be even better!!! You sound very knowledgeable and I've hardly played the game, will be starting from scratch!!!

I may not end up doing a proper one anyway, just a Google Docs!!

Mine would be a Walkthrough, were you thinking more about a Trophy Guide??

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Helyx said:

Seems you can use the PS button in the same manner. :ps:

It doesn't work on the PS5. ?

May have to transfer my save to my PS4 just for this trophy.

--

Got it on my PS4. Also got a sweet Rainbow Shell and then a Denadorite piece.

Thanks guys! ?

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 2

I am getting really confused on how to recruit all the characters. I am about to finish my first playthrough and by looking at the characters I have, it seems that I am missing 2 from entering viper manor (since you get locked out from the others by picking one) and DOC,

Spoiler

as I have saved Kid in this playthrough

. Since you can only pick one to enter the manor, does it mean that I would have to do a 3rd playthrough up to that point? Also, does it automatically count all of my previous recruited characters?

3 hours ago, Tosnightmare said:

I am getting really confused on how to recruit all the characters. I am about to finish my first playthrough and by looking at the characters I have, it seems that I am missing 2 from entering viper manor (since you get locked out from the others by picking one) and DOC,

Hide contents

as I have saved Kid in this playthrough

. Since you can only pick one to enter the manor, does it mean that I would have to do a 3rd playthrough up to that point? Also, does it automatically count all of my previous recruited characters?

I don't know how it works exactly from 1st-hand experience, but from what I've read, you pull characters over via Continue+ when you get a certain item again.

You can only Continue+ with NG saves and what it does is it continues from that Continue+ save location, but with your current NG+ stats, hence the Continue+ name. It's a very unusual concept and not quite sure if I understand it correctly, hopefully somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

Then with that Continue+, if you made specific saves in specific places in NG, when you continue NG in Continue+ mode, if it was before a critical character selection choice, you can then get that/those characters much quicker!!

Obviously if your NG saves are in very bad places, then you would have to keep doing NG+ I guess, but Continue+ is the quick way, just needs a good bit of planning beforehand to fully benefit.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2