Kingdom Hearts IV

Abby_TheLastofUs

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm sure no one cares... but... there are already rumors running rampant that Star Wars and Marvel/MCU will be in this game.

Good thing? Jumping the shark?

Up to interpretation I guess

If they're given more liberties than some of these Disney IP's they chose for 3 then I really don't care - just make the plot and pacing good.

The most disappointing thing about KH3 was all these webs of plot points were supposed to be closed this "arc," however - what we got was a game where the majority of the time/plot was spent rewatching disney movies with a lore/plot blitz in the last hour. A lot of the impact of the ending of KH3 was lost (IMO) by feeling more like a 15 minute fever dream.

New Famitsu Nomura interview confirms the return of Reaction Commands from KH2 because Nomura says he saw a lot of talk online of wanting it back.

Personally... I'm in the 'I love reaction commands' camp and this makes no difference to me in any way whatsoever. I legitimately missed them to be completely honest.

Are they abuse-able and OP at time? Sure. But you could say the same thing about the Disney ride attacks from KH3.

Personally I don't care but once again this all depends on your opinion of them like literally everything else seems to be based on anymore.

• 11 months later...

Possible slight update and possible bad news

During the 'Second Breath' concert in Japan... Nomura came on stage and said something that basically translates to 'something happened last year that effected the KH franchise going forward'

Shinomura (music director who was also onstage) acted shocked and then Nomura said he would tell her what's going on 'backstage'

This is unbelievably vague and can mean multiple different things and everyone is reacting due to that. Everything from it being delayed (even though there was no release date in the first place) to possibly due to the leadership change in SE and possibly NFTs being put in the game because of SE continuing to try to shove them down everyone's throats.

The other thing being thrown around is that possibly hurtles have been jumped for Star Wars to finally be put in (which I still think is inevitable).

Nobody really knows for sure and we'll likely never know. But excuse me for assuming the worst as well and thinking it's not coming out now until 2026+

Edited by SelectiveGamer

28 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

During the 'Second Breath' concert in Japan... Nomura came on stage and said something that basically translates to 'something happened last year that effected the KH franchise going forward'

Shinomura (music director who was also onstage) acted shocked and then Nomura said he would tell her what's going on 'backstage'

This is unbelievably vague and can mean multiple different things and everyone is reacting due to that. Everything from it being delayed (even though there was no release date in the first place) to possibly due to the leadership change in SE and possibly NFTs being put in the game because of SE continuing to try to shove them down everyone's throats.

The other thing being thrown around is that possibly hurtles have been jumped for Star Wars to finally be put in (which I still think is inevitable).

Nobody really knows for sure and we'll likely never know. But excuse me for assuming the worst as well and thinking it's not coming out now until 2026+

Where... did you get this information from? You know you shouldn't believe in rumors and things that haven't been proven yet.

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

That's a lot of what if there, until we get an official statement I really don't believe or give this any credit.

• Like 3

On 10/04/2022 at 1:06 PM, PostGameBlues said:

It seems that Goofy and Donald will still be there but I'm getting the vibes that we won't be getting Disney worlds at all. Also I'm just gonna be honest I don't remember what the hell the story so far has been about. Nor do I feel like putting effort watching more mobile game cutscenes on youtube just to get the full picture. I'll wait and see with this game lol.

There's no way in hell Disney would let them exclude thier worlds.

Technically marvel has already been in Kingdom hearts with big hero 6. Granted the original comics were quite different from the film(or even later comic runs that used the film continuity rather then the original source) but it still counts as a marvel property.

• Like 1