Credit card?

thistleboy

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the RNG gods. It popped up twice for me in all the time I played. First time was very early with the other mine and I didn’t know what it was and ignored it. Second time took a long time and I realized I was really lucky the first time. It’ll pop up eventually but it is one of the rarer items in the game. You’ll get it eventually. I hate RNG trophies. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 5:08 PM, thistleboy said:

Must be. 189 runs and still nothing. Didn't think there would be that many seeds without one.

EDIT: 194 runs and I finally got a gold card. 

@thistleboy I know it's been a couple months, but do you recall anything about where or how you found the card? Since it only appears in shops, I've been wondering if grinding the first floor's shop could work, or playing around with the seed value. I'd really rather not play through the whole Othermine hundreds of times to find one. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll check my screenshots when I get home. I think I actually got it as a starting item on a run.

EDIT: I forgot the trophy was for using it, not for finding it so no screenshot. I got mine doing Othermine runs. Finally after nearly 200 runs it was just sitting on the item table at the start.

Edited by thistleboy
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 4:38 PM, thistleboy said:

I'll check my screenshots when I get home. I think I actually got it as a starting item on a run.

EDIT: I forgot the trophy was for using it, not for finding it so no screenshot. I got mine doing Othermine runs. Finally after nearly 200 runs it was just sitting on the item table at the start.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, @thistleboy! The detail you provided enabled me to finally get this out of the way. 

To anyone who comes after: despite what the trophy icon suggests, you do not need to obtain a gold card. You simply need to obtain a card (I used silver), purchase into a negative gold value, no matter how small, and pay it back. And you don't even need to play the entire Othermine to do this. 

The easiest way to obtain the card is to scum it as follows:

- Accumulate a good chunk of Othermine currency (I had 25 on hand, didn't see a point in crafting more). 

- Upload your save. 

- Enter the Othermine. 

- If there isn't a credit card on the relic table, grab whatever you need to and enter the mine. 

- Upon loading, immediately end your run. 

- Rinse and repeat until you run out of Othermine currency.

- Upon running out of currency, download your save and repeat until you find a card.

All in all, I'd say this took me about 200 scum attempts, just like @thistleboy, but it was MUCH faster than actually playing the Othermine. A single rotation in and out will take you about 50 seconds. 

Once you do find the card and enter the mine, I suggest you quit out and upload your save, just in case you anger RNGsus and die before you can go into debt. Once you have your debt, you can die freely. The trophy will pop when you're back above zero. 

Edited by Sukwendo