How hard is it to achieve 100%?

Hudel1996

I'm thinking about getting Fallout 76, since I'm a big Fallout fan.

However, I wanted to ask you how hard it is to reach 100%?

Are there things that are behind a paywall? Do you have to pay to reach the 100%?
Can you do it alone or should you play with a team mate?

Many thanks for reply?

• Like 1

TBH I'm very near level 100 and my game never crushed. Maybe because I'm playing on Ps5.

Bugs occurs, but usually server hopping solves the problem.

The main problem is space managment, I spent hours walking because of overweight and arranging my stuff. The only way to solve, for me, was paying for Fallout 1st. Not a problem since I got the game from my bro's ps now :P

• 5 months later...

How’s 100% now? Thinking about jumping back in to finish the last two sets of trophies 

I have a problem though. After finishing wastelanders I gave away everything… literally everything to new players, gifted all my stuff and sold the rest in vendors for nothing.

Just loaded up and I’m an armour-less, weaponless, weakling getting killed left and right. With level scaling I’m pretty screwed aren’t I? Can’t even get past the first set of missions

16 hours ago, mikem192 said:

How’s 100% now? Thinking about jumping back in to finish the last two sets of trophies 

I have a problem though. After finishing wastelanders I gave away everything… literally everything to new players, gifted all my stuff and sold the rest in vendors for nothing.

Just loaded up and I’m an armour-less, weaponless, weakling getting killed left and right. With level scaling I’m pretty screwed aren’t I? Can’t even get past the first set of missions

Yeah... I would honestly start fresh. The two trophy sets (Steel Reign & The Pitt) contain endgame/endgame-lite content. I think you put yourself in a pretty bad dilemma. 

This game is all about equipment and builds, so unless you know people who don't mind carrying you through everything, you are pretty screwed.

The 100% isn't hard at all (if you have supplies lol), but it is pretty time consuming.

Edited by zachhero

when it comes to the raiders or and settlers quest lines, (story) a 2nd charc needs to be created im sure ? otherwise its fun to get to 100% im almost there but not quite, i have taken brakes from the game tho, i played alot of it before the npc content dropped , also getting full rep for both factions can take a while with daily quests etc

On 4/17/2022 at 11:33 AM, JusttJD said:

The bugs and crashes.

- These are still very, very present till this day, especially in the DLC.

- There were evenings where I could play for an hour or two without any crashes, but also evenings where the game would hard crash multiple times in an hour, or two.

- Interior locations that were bugged and caused the framerate to dip down towards unplayable conditions.

- Invisible enemies that didn't load in properly and could kill you, but you couldn't kill them because you couldn't see them.

- And just bugged quests in general where you had to fast travel to another location and back, or sometimes even to other servers.

Funny I never experienced any of this you speak of in more than 150 hours of playtime, granted I played on my PS5. This was in July of this year i played mainly. My game never crashed once and loading times were very fast, again maybe because I was on PS5.

100% is not difficult at all I can attest to having done most of it solo, except of course the trophies that need another player. It is however very time consuming.

• Like 1

I’m close to the 100%. I have put a lot of hours into it. Being a massive Fallout fan I decided to give it another go after it’s huge flop on release. I had so much fun with it and played it completely solo (boosting revives and kills for the trophies). I did subscribe to the Fallout 1st I think it’s called just because the scrap box is so useful but definitely not necessary. Would highly recommend this game even with the bugs and crashes. It didn’t crash that often for me but I’ve heard of people having a lot of trouble on that front 

On 17/04/2022 at 10:33 AM, JusttJD said:

Yeah, as someone who is very close to the 100% myself, I can give you my two cents.

If you are a fan of Fallout 4, 3, New Vegas, then you MIGHT like this one as well.

I am saying might because even though there a lot of things that you will find in other fallout games as well, there are (or, at least for me) some things that annoyed the hell out of me and caused me to basically rush the entire game near the end because I grew tired of it.

(And, normally I'm the type of player that wants to do everything in a game, every ?, ever quest, every location... everything)

The bugs and crashes.

- These are still very, very present till this day, especially in the DLC.

- There were evenings where I could play for an hour or two without any crashes, but also evenings where the game would hard crash multiple times in an hour, or two.

- Interior locations that were bugged and caused the framerate to dip down towards unplayable conditions.

- Invisible enemies that didn't load in properly and could kill you, but you couldn't kill them because you couldn't see them.

- And just bugged quests in general where you had to fast travel to another location and back, or sometimes even to other servers.

The limitations.

-Basically everything you earn in the game except XP is capped in some shape or form.

- If you like hoarding weapons, armor and make a nice collection out of all the good things you find? Well, not in fallout 76

With a limited stash box, you are only allowed to have a X amount of items on you.

- Vendors.... You can only sell for an X amount of caps a day to the vendors, and once you have reached that point, you have to wait 20 hours before you are able to sell something again.

Which is even more annoying when going back to the limited stash box topic, which means that you will leave good gear on the ground on a regular basis.

- There is Fallout 1st that you can subscribe to for a extra Scrap box, but that still doesn't do anything for your gear, medication and misc items.

- Fast travel costs caps, and because caps are very hard to come by at first, you'll end up rarely doing that.

The game itself

- When you are a couple hours in the game, you will realize that pretty much all the quests are very much alike.

Go to this place, pick up this item, and come back. (Even worse with the Wastelanders DLC and the companion DLC)

- Enemy health regenerating. (I'm not talking about Legendary Enemies)

If you have a good weapon, the game will sometimes just outright refuse to register the damage that you are doing to an enemy.

You'll end up bringing their health down, but it will just go back up after a second.

- The load-times can be pretty long at times, but that depends on if you are playing on a PS4 with hard drive or SSD, or a PS5.

I played it on my PS4, and it was not unusual to just do nothing for a minute.

Now, is the game all bad?
No, there are plenty of good things to be found in the game.

- Interesting world to explore.

- Plenty of unique enemies.

- Playing and exploring with friends.

- Base building.

- Special themed weeks with unique content or unique enemies.

- And, plenty of freedom to create the characterbuild that you want.

However, all those negative points really soured my experience with Fallout 76.

The game itself is not hard to 100%, at all. Just very time consuming.

You can play it alone if you want the entire way, but playing completely alone is locked behind a paywall called Fallout 1st. (You'll be able to play on a private server with that)

However, you DO need someone to get some of the pvp trophies.

- Other than some bugs during the heist mission with the Settlers in the Wastelander quest line I didn't experience many technical issues. Certainly not regenerating health? The most annoying bug was when high level enemies spawn when you're too low level due to a high level player being in the area, but even that has mostly been patched. There is some lag where enemies have a one second delay before keeling over but that's minor. 

- When could we ever hoard in a Fallout game? Bethesda games are known for their annoying weight limits. The only difference now is that bobby pins, ammo and other previously weightless items have weight now so it's even more annoying. 

- There are exploits to get around daily caps that are being discovered all the time and, TBH, that's all endgame stuff anyway. If you play it like a traditional Fallout and just put the game down once all the main and side quests have been exhausted it won't be a problem. The endgame is so boring it can be skipped.

- Bottlecaps are very easy to come by if you build your character right, especially if you sell your equipment to other players. There's always something that somebody wants. I do agree that fast travel shouldn't cost caps but I think I've only ever had to manually travel due to not having enough caps once and, even then, it was largely through an area that I hadn't explored yet which, I guess, is the point.

- Never had a problem with load times even when I played it on PS4. I used to server hop a lot for various reasons and the load screens were fine.

The only thing that I really didn't like is the way Bethesda weaponised base building with the Atom shop, and the babysitting mechanics around food and water. Other than that it's a good Fallout game. Not as good as the other Fallout games but still good enough that a Fallout fan would enjoy it.

I  was at 100% before the Expeditions DLC and I got there playing solo, bar the multiplayer-specific trophies. Enemies have more health than in the older games but it's definitely doable solo with a good build and exploring often for better rewards. You will have to make a second character to do the other faction quest line in the Wastelanders DLC but you'll be surprised how quickly you can level up by just playing the game normally in the early game, and with double XP weekends it's even faster.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite difficult if you're going to attempt it solo. The game is balanced for co-op as that's what it was designed for, attempting it solo makes it quite a bit harder but it could still be done through sheer skill, over-leveling and having good gear. The last mission and the events are still incredibly difficult solo. 

I gave up on the platinum because it's grindy. And after sweating through the final mission solo, I ended up putting in the wrong code which is instant failure and you have to re-do the entire end-game mission again which is stupid and I just don't have the patience to go through that again. 

• Like 1

I went from 0% to 100% this year. It's about a 4/10 difficulty (I Am Become Death is moderately difficult) and it took me 110 hours gameplay time according to my PS5. That's with me using the Raider Reputation glitch but doing Foundation Reputation legit and having a friend to help with the 20 player kills and 20 player revives. Hope that helps, good luck!

Edited by Rebourne07

Regarding I Am Become Death, I also screwed up by putting in the wrong code but the second time I got through it was even easier as I knew where all the enemies spawned and where to go. If you play as a gunner, then, sure, maybe that mission is trickier, but as a melee character killing even the spongiest of enemies in 2 or 3 hits it's very easy as you'll have no use for ammo. IIRC the only time I busted out a gun was in the final room and even that was mostly done with melee weapons.

The game is definitely balanced for co-op but with a good build you can absolutely get around this. Maybe the official trophy guide should come with some strong build recommendations. IMO it's an even more flexible system than before since you can just swap card perks at will, and IIRC at level 50 you can even swap points for your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. with each level up.

The only grind for me personally was reaching level 100, even with double XP, but now with Steel Reign and The Pitt it should be quicker to get there, or at least reduce the grind needed.

On 10/24/2022 at 0:49 PM, Gr4de_04 said:

I want to jump on in this thread and aks if there's like events or something that come up that will help with trophies.

Somewhat. Events do come up that hand out a lot of exp, script, and legendary core. This in turn will help you level faster and roll some good legendaries. This will in turn make doing the quest lines a lot simpler. Nothing is really hard if you have half-decent gear and build. However, you can only rush so much, as keeping yourself stocked can take some effort. I still have to occasionally hunt lead for ammo for example.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, mikem192 said:

What was your build? I would be happy to build you some guns and armor and toss you some bullets. 

On 10/15/2022 at 7:41 AM, MajinYojimbo said:

Only thing I'd imagine you'd have trouble with is killing 20 players.. that was much easier to achieve in Nuclear Winter mode.. not sure if you can boost it with a friend in normal mode?

You can boost player kills and revies with a friend. 

On 10/24/2022 at 3:36 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

The game is definitely balanced for co-op but with a good build you can absolutely get around this. Maybe the official trophy guide should come with some strong build recommendations. IMO it's an even more flexible system than before since you can just swap card perks at will, and IIRC at level 50 you can even swap points for your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. with each level up.

They removed the spending a level to move a SPECIAL point thing. Now once you hit 50 you can just change them at will. You have to build a thing in your camp, or use one at a train station, but it lets you make full loadout and swap them on the fly. You can change your points as well, so you can test things out without having to grind. 

8 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

They removed the spending a level to move a SPECIAL point thing. Now once you hit 50 you can just change them at will. You have to build a thing in your camp, or use one at a train station, but it lets you make full loadout and swap them on the fly. You can change your points as well, so you can test things out without having to grind. 

Awesome. Even better!

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, A1r4l3x said:

ok, im going to play this, ive enjoyed fallout 4

whats a good strategy? going gunslinger o melee? 

Having recently switched back to my melee character I'd say melee by far. Some will disagree as there are crazy gun builds out there but most of them are late game and require so much grinding. Maxing out strength with melee weapon and shot gun perks will make the game a breeze for solo players.

I've recently found a build that reminds me of my broken shishkebab build back in Fallout 3 in that it just kills everything within seconds making the expeditions a joke. ? I hope Bethesda don't nerf the chainsaw!

I'd especially recommend melee as it appears that with the Pitt update enemies now scale with you up until a certain point (not sure when the scaling stops) and every enemy is an even bigger bullet sponge than before, especially the super mutants.

• Like 1