Mastery Challenges - Season Two

Well, it was kind of obvious they would  release second pack of challenges sometime in nearest future. Especially according to that woman (sorry, don't remember her name) didn't take a part in Dawn of Ragnarok DLC. I just really hope none of them would be as bad as some in season one. Well balanced and free of glitches. Challenge must be fair. 

Are we glad about that kind of addition to Valhalla?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mertkaykay said:

I enjoyed the first ones personally but I'm a bit fatigued by all this Valhalla content. I'm sure once I crack on with them I'll really enjoy them again. Can I ask how you heard about these? I googled it and I can't find anything, I'd like to read more if there's any more to read.

I just checked my trophy list for Valhalla. One new trophy added - get all gold medals. 

I'm struggling through the first batch of challenges now, getting a 2nd set of challenges dumped on me is just too overwhelming to comprehend right now lol.

I don't mind the challenges to be honest, I know many others have complained about them and are still complaining about them, but in my opinion, if you're going to call something a 'challenge' it should be challenging. Sure, some of the challenges leave you almost no margin for error but that to me is part of the challenge. I spent almost 3 hours on that one bear challenge but it wasn't frustrating because it was definitely within grasp getting the gold, it was just a matter of getting that perfect run and getting it done which took me almost 3 hours. It's not like it's impossible and I'm not finding the challenges reliant so much on luck as others have said. It's very much skill dependent more than luck and bad luck tends to happen more because of player error rather than game error. 

I just think the balance could be better, some challenges are piss easy and then others you'll spend hours on. Those ones that you'll spend hours on maybe could give you a little more room for error for gold medals. As it stands now, many of the challenges only allow you one mistake, maybe 2. For these challenges to be more feasible to the average player, the allowance for mistakes needs to be slightly more generous. I hope they balance it better for season two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LazyJournalist said:

I just checked my trophy list for Valhalla. One new trophy added - get all gold medals. 

Care to share a screenshot of the new trophy? I don’t see it my list yet.

EDIT: Just checked the PS4 list from one of my friends profiles and it’s there. It’s called “Full Master” and is for earning all gold medals in challenges, it’s only a bronze trophy. 

Edited by GAZDAN

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

I'm struggling through the first batch of challenges now, getting a 2nd set of challenges dumped on me is just too overwhelming to comprehend right now lol.

I don't mind the challenges to be honest, I know many others have complained about them and are still complaining about them, but in my opinion, if you're going to call something a 'challenge' it should be challenging. Sure, some of the challenges leave you almost no margin for error but that to me is part of the challenge. I spent almost 3 hours on that one bear challenge but it wasn't frustrating because it was definitely within grasp getting the gold, it was just a matter of getting that perfect run and getting it done which took me almost 3 hours. It's not like it's impossible and I'm not finding the challenges reliant so much on luck as others have said. It's very much skill dependent more than luck and bad luck tends to happen more because of player error rather than game error. 

I just think the balance could be better, some challenges are piss easy and then others you'll spend hours on. Those ones that you'll spend hours on maybe could give you a little more room for error for gold medals. As it stands now, many of the challenges only allow you one mistake, maybe 2. For these challenges to be more feasible to the average player, the allowance for mistakes needs to be slightly more generous. I hope they balance it better for season two. 

I played the first batch back when they came out and they were REALLY buggy on release, so a lot of success was very luck reliant: npc pathing would have them walk off ledges well before you were anywhere near them, so they'd be dead on the floor and you'd not be able to get points you needed for the gold because you didn't technically kill them; some enemies would spawn out of bounds and you'd just be able to see them with Odin's Sight but you couldn't damage them; some would fire at you through the destructible ledges they were on and died immediately. Most of the challenges were completely fine to finish but I remember 2 or 3 were almost impossible because you were relying so hard on the game to work properly. I remember asking Ubi about it at the time and they said they were working on a patch so I assume that's out by now. Maybe that's why your experience seems so different from other peoples' - unless the people you're talking about played since the patch, in which case God knows

But I do agree with what you said: it should be a challenge and the challenge is really fun! I really enjoyed them the first time around, particularly the archery ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Krid said:

FFS, good job I didn't delete the game but I'd like a break from it. I enjoyed it thoroughly when I played it but after Ragnarok it needs to rest.

Same. It’s wearing me out. Ready to move on honestly. I know what they are doing but enough for the time being please!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

When's this releasing? I've taken a good break and will get back into it when Ragnarok is on sale

The last challenge trophies went up a week before the update went live

Ragnarok is 25% off at the moment

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 3