Harle needed for Recruiter?

58 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

Since she leaves before you get The Chrono Cross.  But I heard if you her an ending with her still in the party and New Game+ off that, she'll rejoin with everyone else?

What I'm reading is that to keep her in your party permanently requires certain special actions and a few playthroughs, can be tricky.

But since she is recruited via the story temporarily and automatically, we don't need her permanently. Just get the others you need, and I guess when you recruit her again as per the story, that will count for the trophy ...........

Or perhaps having her in your party once is enough....?? Dunno if the game wants you to have every1 at once, or at least once??

The above is only speculation as I don't know what I'm talking about from my own experience (only played for 5 mins), but what I'm reading kind off supports the theory above??

EVERY playthrough she will always temporarily join your party for story reasons, maybe that's enough??

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

For the trophy you need her in your party when you use the chrono cross, so to do that you need to be on a new game plus playthrough where you have access to the time egg and then when you get her and first turn into lynx, beat the time devourer via the time egg for the ending 5(rebirth of marbule) and in that clear save(assume you're overwriting your clear saves and doing new game plus or continue plus from there) she would be registered as a member and whenever you use the chrono cross on either a new game plus or continue plus from that clear save you just made you would get her and the trophy if you have ever other member.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Or perhaps having her in your party once is enough....?? Dunno if the game wants you to have every1 at once, or at least once??

You need to have everyone at once. People have been wondering why the trophy didn't pop for them when they already recruited everyone; apparently they're missing Harle. She's the trickiest one to get, so for all intents and purposes, just be sure to have one fresh NG save with her still in your party. I always make one after the second Viper Manor visit.

Anyway, recruiting everybody isn't as arduous as it sounds. The Time Egg (a NG+ / Continue+ item) lets you fight Time Devourer anytime; meaning you can end your subsequent playthroughs anytime. Killing it at different points in the game gives you different endings; that being said, the trickiest ending is the one that requires having BOTH Nikki and Razzly in your party when fighting it. Razzly also has the trickiest Level 7 tech to obtain, so you may want to do the Deadly Delta trophy during this one playthrough (Also requires Leena, so make sure you have her and getting her Level 7 tech requires answering both her questions correctly at the beginning of the game).

Fun Fact: I was TODAY years old when I found out somewhere that Harle is pronounced "ar-luh"; I totally dig it hahahahaha.

I always thought she was just an annoying clown character with a weird speech pattern when I was a kid. Now I played it again as an adult and realized she's the best girl.

Edited by Unpreeh
  • Like 2