Flying Dutchman battle will not trigger

I've completed the ship segment, opened the chest, slammed the button and watched the cutscene of the cannons firing, even earned the Ship Shape trophy. But the battle does not commence. How can I trigger the battle? How can I get to the battle arena? Any advice gratefully appreciated. I've tried leaving the level and returning to the ship.

12 hours ago, ZEE11W said:

There will be a ship by the box teleporer, that you need to jump to it. And R1 to teleport to the boss arena. 

Which box teleporter? The one by the entrance to the graveyard level, where the flying dutchman is hanging out? It says I can't teleport because I haven't unlocked the second box and there's no ship in sight. ?

I'm starting to suspect my whole game is glitched at this point because I've just realised there's supposed to be a bouncing pad on the ledge below where the chest is that bounces me towards the Get Aloft There Matey spatula, but that pad is missing too.

Edit: I am an idiot. The issue was that I hadn't destroyed all electrical currents on the main ship. I did that and both the pad and the battle triggered. Thanks both of you above for your help.

Edited by richxrdgriffin