Road 96 trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Doesn't look too hard...though not sure if collect all tapes takes a while. I'm guessing six playthroughs since it says reach it for the sixth time.

Collecting the tapes is easy enough, you'll get at least nearly all of them just from being nosey with your surroundings. Got the plat yesterday. 

You will likely have to play as more than 6 characters though, as some might get jailed or killed. I had to play 8 characters in the end. Easy enough though. 

3 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Collecting the tapes is easy enough, you'll get at least nearly all of them just from being nosey with your surroundings. Got the plat yesterday. 

You will likely have to play as more than 6 characters though, as some might get jailed or killed. I had to play 8 characters in the end. Easy enough though. 

About how many hours did it take? 

The trophies are relatively easy, just look at your surroundings and don't get killed or caught, that is what happened to me, 6 characters in 1 playthrough isn't gonna work btw, you have episodes, you have to reach Road 96 in 6 episodes without getting killed or caught for the Old Pro trophy and collect the tapes for Collect 'em all also in 6 episodes (AFAIK).

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

Took me 7 hours and I managed to get all but one trophy in one playthrough. I could have got that one too but kept forgetting to do it. It was the one for phoning and donating $10.

Really enjoyed my time with it. I liked the characters, apart from Sonya, and how each bit built up to the full story. 

• Like 2

I also enjoyed my time with this. A fun and enjoyable short game where you don't really have to go too far out of your way to grab all the trophies. Clocked in at 6 hours and 30 mins for the Plat. The standout for me though was this game's Ost. I had previously heard a couple of tracks from it but man. Gonna be having it on repeat for a while!

18 minutes ago, TwiceOnSundays said:

Took me 7 hours and I managed to get all but one trophy in one playthrough. I could have got that one too but kept forgetting to do it. It was the one for phoning and donating $10.

Really enjoyed my time with it. I liked the characters, apart from Sonya, and how each bit built up to the full story. 

I'd say my experiences with the game (played on PS & Xbox) have been similar to yours, although the donating $10 one is easy to forget. I will agree with your thoughts on Sonya though.

For anyone wondering, go to a phone box and dial 96555 or 96777 and donate $10. You'll need $1 to make the call as well. 

On 4/15/2022 at 0:45 PM, TwiceOnSundays said:

Yeah Sonya looked like a real douche, I didn't really see a good side from her but the rest of the characters were nice, even Stan & Mitch were nice lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 16-4-2022 at 8:19 PM, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Yeah Sonya looked like a real douche, I didn't really see a good side from her but the rest of the characters were nice, even Stan & Mitch were nice lol

There actually is a scene where she talks about how she tried to save Lola, which made her tear up. That's the only positive thing i've encountered so far though.

On 14.4.2022 at 2:54 PM, grifteskymfning said:

Quite possibly the worst game of last year.

It came out a few weeks ago and it's not bad at all

On 15.4.2022 at 5:04 PM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

w0rsT GaMe Of ThE YeAr REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the reviews claim the opposite

https://postimg.cc/t7ZXnmv4

Plus it came out THIS year. A few weeks ago, in fact

On 15.4.2022 at 10:25 AM, Eraezr said:

Is it that bad as a video game?

No

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

It came out a few weeks ago and it's not bad at all

Plus it came out THIS year. A few weeks ago, in fact

It was August 16th on Steam - only came Playstation this year though.

Got this one lined up to play next - sounds good, looking forward to it.

31 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It was August 16th on Steam - only came Playstation this year though.

Got this one lined up to play next - sounds good, looking forward to it.

I think you're gonna like it, I played it twice, but I don't think I'll play it on PS for a while. I got it on Xbox at least. Although I'm not really playing much on this account anymore. Oh well. Anyway, it's a good game, I like it a lot. 

Just now, StygianWolf4 said:

I think you're gonna like it, I played it twice, but I don't think I'll play it on PS for a while. I got it on Xbox at least. Although I'm not really playing much on this account anymore. Oh well. Anyway, it's a good game, I like it a lot. 

Yeah, I suspect that being a big fan of Night School Studio's games, Life is Strange, Firewatch etc, this one will be right up my alley ?

1 minute ago, lostforever77 said:

And this is PLAYSTATION profiles

Correct

Okay....

....but I think if someone played it last year, when it originally released, they are perfectly entitled to describe it as a game from that year.

I don't think using PSNP means we all have to pretend other platforms don't exist...

...it's a playstation-centric site, not a playstation-only cult ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Okay....

....but I think if someone played it last year, when it originally released, they are perfectly entitled to describe it as a game from that year.

I don't think using PSNP means we all have to pretend other platforms don't exist...

...it's a playstation-centric site, not a playstation-only cult 1f602.png

I just mean that they should mention Playstation release times possibly

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Okay....

...it's a playstation-centric site, not a playstation-only cult 1f602.png

Can I list it as my game of the year this year though? Because I absolutely love it, and is definitely the best game I've played this year, but I prefer Ratchet & Clank, but I wanna recognise this too real bad...

The only way this problem will sort itself out is if Stray looks as good as I think it does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Can I list it as my game of the year this year though? Because I absolutely love it, and is definitely the best game I've played this year, but I prefer Ratchet & Clank, but I wanna recognise this too real bad...

The only way this problem will sort itself out is if Stray looks as good as I think it does.

it’s that good, eh? ?

This bodes well! ?

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

it’s that good, eh? 1f60a.png

This bodes well! 1f44d.png

Well I can say that it is 100% my kind of game, as a fan of Telltale-esque/Papers Please/Persona/ What Remains of Edith Finch.

Since I'm bored I'll explain the connection to each:

Telltale- choice and consequences to immediate as well as far reaching 

Papers Please- Story about an authoritative country and choosing how to react in your own way, now that I think about it the thought process between the 3 philosophies are similar 

Spoiler

in Papers Please you can: Support the government, concentrate on your own survival, or rebel

in Road 96 you can: Encourage democratic change, concentrate on your own survival, or rebel

Persona- Like how to choose each day spent on the calendar, in Road 96 you choose how to spend each leg of the journey, spending time with different characters as you go.

WRoEF- The different characters stories having unique gameplay in a 1st person narrative.

The resource management is the only thing I wasn't a particularly big fan of going in... For the next game though, I can cite Road 96 :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 2:33 PM, nkmslr said:

There actually is a scene where she talks about how she tried to save Lola, which made her tear up. That's the only positive thing i've encountered so far though.

That is true, but for the rest of the game she only complains about things