Can't download game. Keeps getting stuck on instalation process

j26_star

So I bought the ultimate edition physical edition for ps5, and when I try to install the game it keeps getting stuck at 75%, I tried deleting the game multiple Times, but nothing fixes this. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

How much free space do you have on your PS5?

When downloading a game or want to install a patch that you download you need about twice the size of the game as free space before you start the download. This is because there's a point in time that both the downloaded file and the installed file exist right next to each other before the downloaded file is deleted.
In case of a patch, the whole game is copied together with the patch so you still need about twice the size of the game before you start installing it and not just twice the size of the update.

Far Cry 6 including all DLC and patches is around 95GB right now. So about 200GB of free space is required to be able to download and install the game with patches.

I had it happen once on PS4 that the installation got stuck on a certain % because I didn't have enough free space. It continued installing after I deleted something else.

So try to delete something on your PS5 to free up space and see if that helps.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kolm said:

How much free space do you have on your PS5?

When downloading a game or want to install a patch that you download you need about twice the size of the game as free space before you start the download. This is because there's a point in time that both the downloaded file and the installed file exist right next to each other before the downloaded file is deleted.
In case of a patch, the whole game is copied together with the patch so you still need about twice the size of the game before you start installing it and not just twice the size of the update.

Far Cry 6 including all DLC and patches is around 95GB right now. So about 200GB of free space is required to be able to download and install the game with patches.

I had it happen once on PS4 that the installation got stuck on a certain % because I didn't have enough free space. It continued installing after I deleted something else.

So try to delete something on your PS5 to free up space and see if that helps.

I have like 400GB available, I also tried to install the game offline and without the patch and its gets stuck at 75%. In Reddit there are some people with this problem with Far cry.

Edited by j26_star

30 minutes ago, Emanuele97G said:

try to rebuild the database if you can on Ps5, i had this problem on PUBG disc for Ps4 and it worked.  rebuilding a database "clean" the console storage you will not lose anything

I tried to rebuild but didnt solve, it says like 30 hours to finish the last 20%. 

Its probably a disk problem.