My Playthrough to Platinum. Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

1 hour ago, blue_cool said:

Start New Game:

follow the story and make save on each point below

for my first playthrough i choose Guile and Glenn route because i like Glenn especially the X strike)

for the magical ending requirement and to quickly get platinum i think its better to choose nikki route, and recruit razzly get razzly and leena level 7 tech for the trophy Deadly Delta.

Important item:

Forget me not pot

Angel, Daemon, Sea, Flame, Forest, Earth Charm

Rainbow Shell

The strongest weapon you can forge to be used on new game plus. (mastermune is unusable because its story related weapon)

Save #1 - Save on Termina Another World (Before choosing between guide Guile, Nikki, or Pierre)

Save #2 - Save on Guldove (When Kidd is poisoned)

Save #3 - Save after Kid recover

Save #4 - As soon as Serge switch body with Lynx

Save #5 - When Harle joins

Save #6 - Save after getting chrono cross

Save #7 - After Riddel is rescued, before Hermit Hideout

Save #8 - After beating Dario

Save #9 - After Harle leaves party

Save #10 - Save while Terra Tower still Afloat

Save #11 - Before Final Boss

Save #12 - anytime Bend of time can be accessed (with sprigg already recruited and kid must be available)

(For Good/Bad Ending, its up to you to do which first as you can reload save #11 to get the other ending)

* Get Good Ending

Equip Chrono Cross Element and use Element Yellow -> Red -> Green -> Blue -> Black -> White -> Chrono Cross

After final boss battle, Save #13

Load Save #11

* Do Bad Ending

Beat Final Boss the normal way, after boss make a save file to Save #13

* Next Continue save #13, and New Game+

as soon as you reach opassa beach, don't forget to equip your best weapon and use time egg and fight Final Boss. (Get Ending 1 - The Developers Room Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #1, go to opassa beach and beat Final Boss. (Get Ending 2 - The Acacian Empire Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #2, go to opassa beach and beat Final Boss (Get Ending 4 - The Shop Staff and the Three unlikely Heroes Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #3, must have recruited nikki and razzly, and nikki has to be in party, go to opassa beach and beat final boss (Ending 3 - The Magical Dreamers Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #4, Go to opassa beach and beat final boss (Ending 5 - The Rebirth of Marbule Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #7, Go to opassa beach and beat final boss (Ending 6 - The Last Stand Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #8, go to opassa beach and beat final boss (Ending 7 - The Viper Orphanage Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #9, go to opassa beach and beat final boss (Ending 8 - The Dark Fate Trophy)

*Load Save #13, Continue+ on Save #10, go to opassa beach and beat final boss (Ending 9 - The Dragon God's Revenge Trophy)

* For Z One and Only Trophy:

Continue+ on Save #12, go to Bend of time go to the next room, equip forget me not pot on sprigg and talk to the monster in the center, and start running 3 lap clockwise following the railings, if done correctly at the end of 3rd lap, ozzie flea and slash will fight you. in this fight, you have to use sprigg to deal the final blow on slash to be able to use slash in sprigg dopplegang ability. after this is done. When you fight any monster using serge, kid, and sprigg. Use Sprigg dopplegang ability to call slash, and use the Z slash ability.

* For Recruiter Trophy:

for my first playthrough i choose Guile as guide and choose not to save kid by the end of 1st playthrough you should get all character except 2 characters you didnt choose for guide and the 3 characters that you didnt recruit on guldove and harle.

Load Save #13, Continue+ to Save #1 choose Nikki, choose to save kidd and recruit razzly korcha mel, after that go to opassa beach and beat final boss, make save#14

Load Save #14, Continue+ to Save #1 choose Pierre, go to oppasa beach and beat final boss, replace save#14

Load Save #14, Continue+ to Save #5 when harle is in your party, go to opassa beach and beat final boss. replace save #14

Load Save #14, Continue+ to Save #6 when you get chrono cross, go to hydra marshes home world, one screen up and at the spot you fall down before from temporal vortex use astral amulet, this will transfer you back to sprigg house, after a brief chat with sprigg stand in the middle until a pop up chat appears saying "The Chrono Cross seems to be responding to the unstable dimension..." then use chrono cross. then the trophy should pop up.

* For Immoral Compass Trophy:

pause button slow button has been disabled in this area. but you can press ps button, depending on your input lag. if slower when you press the ps button the arrow should be pointing more to the east, if you have faster input you should go more to south. practice which prepositioning is better for you to constantly get north arrow. when you resume the game you have to press O or X depending which is your confirmation button on your console. after pressing the button to resume the game, you have to quickly press the button again to stop the arrow, the quicker you press the better. keep practicing until you get the timing.

*For Rainbow Weapon/Armor Trophy:

save in front of termina

Disamble Angel, Daemon, Sea, Flame, Forest, Earth Charm to get the shiny material needed

Rainbow Shell

and the other material other than shiny/rainbow shell should be easily farmable.

once you craft the rainbow weapon reload your save from termina and do the one for armor.

Forgive me for the incomplete information.

It really feels nostalgic to play this game again now and I still listen to chrono cross ost almost everyday.

I think this is all for my trophy step.

Hope it helps anyone struggling obtaining the trophies in this game.

I'm abit confused about you having 2 different save #13's and what you mean by "load save #13 continue+ save number 1 or 2 ect" are their saves within saves within saves?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm abit confused about you having 2 different save #13's and what you mean by "load save #13 continue+ save number 1 or 2 ect" are their saves within saves within saves?

No, it means that he saved in different parts of the game. When you finish the game, instead of selecting a new game, you select continue and load one of the previous saves. Then, you get a character that you didn't get before and finish the game by defeating final boss in Opassa Beach, then he replace the original save and then continue on another save from the first walkthrough to get another character.

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

When you haven't played this game, absolutely nothing makes sense that I read xD

I played years ago on. PlayStation and I loved the game and everything made sense but I guess I never tried to do everything some of the characters I'm seeing I don't remember at all lol so I definitely missed alot from not knowing lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I played years ago on. PlayStation and I loved the game and everything made sense but I guess I never tried to do everything some of the characters I'm seeing I don't remember at all lol so I definitely missed alot from not knowing lol

I don't doubt it won't make sense once I jump in, Im meaning to soon, but just checking all these posts leading up to it for some research I guess.

Sometimes it helps you form a slight plan before you jump in.

As @TalalHmd says though, I'm just getting more and more confused xD

It does show me though how useful a good walkthrough will be for this!!!

• Like 3

For the walkthrough for the game, i used https://www.ign.com/wikis/chrono-cross/Walkthrough

@Taliesin_2943 forgive me for the confusion, its just as @Carttagos described.
When you complete the game for the first time make a new save after the credit, eg: save game #13.

to get the other ending, just reload save game #13  and it will give you the option to choose new game+ or continue+

Here choose continue+ and load the save game from different save points in game to get the desired ending.
after you get the ending, you can just reset the game and repeat continue+ and load other save game from the first playhrough to get other ending.

@TalalHmd forgive me for the confusion
@Optinooby forgive me for the confusion, i really like your Platinum guide. Please do the Platinum Guide for Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition 

Extra Tips:

When doing Good Ending, its easier to arrange the elements allocation like this for each character to bring to fight final boss

Serge              2nd char        3rd char      

Yellow              Yellow            Yellow

Red                 Red                Red
Green              Green            Green
Blue                 Blue               Blue
Black               Black              Black
White              White              White

Chrono Cross

1st Turn : Serge use Yellow Element
2nd Turn : 2nd Char use Red Element

3rd Turn : 3rd Char use Green Element
4th Turn : any char use Blue Element
5th Turn : any char use Black Element
6th Turn : any char use White Element

Serge : Use Chrono Cross Element

if you can use the element in the order without boss interruption, the final boss should be defeated easily and you get good ending

if you have difficulties or the boss keep interrupting the element try using slow time button (L2) to make the battle slower and (R3/press right thumbstick) to quickly unlock all element to use at the start of battle.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

So I'm still having issues with this, mainly because I am an idiot.  Here's my current scenario:

I currently have a New Game+ save file with EVERYONE recruited except for Harle.  Let's just assume this is my only save file to get rid of the 'Save 1848'.  Can you help explain from this point what I need to do to get her into the final party when I use the Chrono Cross?  I wasn't aware that I couldn't do a Continue+ on a New Game+ save file so I'm thinking I have wasted a lot of time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

If you New Game+ off Ending 5, you'll have Harle.

Sorry I'm looking for a little more clarification.  Do I start a new game (not new game+), get to Ending 5 (recruit Harle) and then.... what exactly?  Is my New Game+ file with everyone minus Harle basically useless?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jadoni6130 said:

Sorry I'm looking for a little more clarification.  Do I start a new game (not new game+), get to Ending 5 (recruit Harle) and then.... what exactly?  Is my New Game+ file with everyone minus Harle basically useless?

Keep that save, you might have to make a New Game+ file with that, get to Ending 5 and then start another New Game+ with that save and then you'll have Harle and everyone.

Like what I did was, in my first playthrough I did everything and recruited everyone I could.  Took that file and made a New Game+ and chose a different guide and route played it to Ending 5.  And then took that New Game+ and chose the final guide and had everyone at the end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jadoni6130 said:

So I'm still having issues with this, mainly because I am an idiot.  Here's my current scenario:

I currently have a New Game+ save file with EVERYONE recruited except for Harle.  Let's just assume this is my only save file to get rid of the 'Save 1848'.  Can you help explain from this point what I need to do to get her into the final party when I use the Chrono Cross?  I wasn't aware that I couldn't do a Continue+ on a New Game+ save file so I'm thinking I have wasted a lot of time.

Do you have save file from first playthrough thats almost near to the point where you obtain the chrono cross?
if you have it, you can play until you get chrono cross then save. eg: save A

or if you dont have any save from from the first playthrough, you can start new game, speedrunning your way ignoring any character recruit not related to story until you get chrono cross and save the game. eg: Save A

you can continue your new game+ files that  you have with everyone recruited except harle, play to the point when harle join your party and go fight final boss and after that make new save eg :Save B
then reload this Save B you just created, and then continue+ to Save A, and use chrono cross on temporal vortex. trophy should pop.

Forgive me if this cause confusion.

Hope someone will write a proper guide soon. :D

Extra Tips:

Tips for Gold Stars for Everyone Trophy:

Obtain 99 level-growth stars.

at the end of first full playthrough, you should get 48 level growth stars

new game+ full playthrough you should get 96 level growth stars.

For my first playthrough, i recruit Guile for guide and choose not to save kid (try to get all window frames and Tropical Paradise Frame if you choose not to save kid) save after final boss.
For my second playthrough, i continue my completed first playthrough on save game #1 then i recruit Nikki and choose to save kid (remember to get Guldovian Stitch Window Frame and the frame you missed on first playthrough) recruit razzly korcha and mel and get the level 7 tech for Leena(Maidenfaith), and Razzly(Raz-Flower). Try to use Serge, Leena, and Razzly level 7 tech to get the Deadly Delta Trophy and follow the story to the end (about 92/93 level star growth) save after final boss.
For my third playthrough, i load the completed second playthrough and continue+ to my first playthrough save game #1, and choose pierre, and i continue the story and get the remaining window frame i may have missed on my two playthroughs until i get 99 stars growth level). I think you will get 99 level growth star around guldove after you beat Hydra at Hydra Marshes.

Hope this helps.

17 hours ago, Jadoni6130 said:

Hmm I guess the easiest way to explain this would be... When you finish the game the first time and was prompted to save, let's refer to that as the Master File.

The Master File is what you load to Continue+ your other branching save files. Everytime you finish a Continue+ save file, just overwrite your Master File, then proceed to your next branching save. There is ONLY ONE MASTER FILE - this is where you collate your branching saves, so everything is retained. I hope it minimized the confusion.

Edited by Unpreeh
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jadoni6130 said:

Well after 7 practically full playthroughs, it's done!  Thank you guys for all the extra input and clarification.

Wow that's crazy. You could've saved tons of game hours but hey as long as it's done. Congrats!

Edited by Unpreeh
  • Like 1

Still clear as mud to me. If I missed some of the first saves, do I have to play it over again just on New Game? Or New Game+? Or on either and make appropriate saves along the way, being able to go back to them even if they weren’t from my first game?

2 hours ago, Bergen75 said:

Still clear as mud to me. If I missed some of the first saves, do I have to play it over again just on New Game? Or New Game+? Or on either and make appropriate saves along the way, being able to go back to them even if they weren’t from my first game?

You can always do New Game+, no confusion there.

It's the Continue+ that's tricky, since it will only let you load save files from a fresh, uncleared playthrough. So you may want to do some planning if you're planning on utilizing this one.

5 minutes ago, Unpreeh said:

You can always do New Game+, no confusion there.

It's the Continue+ that's tricky, since it will only let you load save files from a fresh, uncleared playthrough. So you may want to do some planning if you're planning on utilizing this one.

Hmmm… I’m just wondering about the spot where you need to recruit one of three characters.

Do I need to finish a play through for a character to count? Can I save before choosing between the last two on a new playthrough and use Continue+ on it?

3 minutes ago, Bergen75 said:

Hmmm… I’m just wondering about the spot where you need to recruit one of three characters.

Do I need to finish a play through for a character to count? Can I save before choosing between the last two on a new playthrough and use Continue+ on it?

Yes, you need to "finish" a playthrough for a character a count. Once you recruited the character you're lacking, you can immediately "finish" that playthrough by using the Time Egg. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Save your game, proceed to your next save file to recruit others. Rinse and repeat until you got everyone.

• Like 2

Ok, thanks a lot. I guess my best bet then would be to do a new regular playthrough, hoping I actually make the right saves this time. If I do that, I imagine I’d be able to skip a lot of the optional stuff and just get to the end?

Unless I start a new playthrough, save before the decision, continue it with Continue=+, and use the time egg? I have no idea if that would work. 

Edit: Now I’m thinking the quickest way might be to New Game+, whip through it making the different decisions, New Game+ again just up to the one decision, then hopefully Continue+ for the ones in the second half of the game I was able to make save for. 

Edited by Bergen75
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

7??

how long is this game?

Well, playing through normally, it'll be like 25+ hours.  But you can fastforward and turn off encounters and battle assist and auto-battle.  So on New Game+ when you're over leveled it'll probably take like 2-3 hours.

• Like 2

Ugh, they made this so confusing. I was hoping to be very close to the Platinum, but it seems I’m still a long way off.

Got all the endings, and when I went to Sprigg’s House to use the Chrono Cross, I found out I was missing Harle and Guile, even though I got other endings with them.

I also found out that my Razzly doesn’t have her level 7 tech, needed for a trophy,

and I don’t know how to fix that, because my first playthrough didn’t include her at all, and that’s the one that Continue+ uses. Such an obtuse system. 

Edit: From what I had read, it seemed like whenever you finish the game with certain characters, and save it to your clear file, it just adds them to your total list. But it doesn’t work that way at all, and actually replaces the characters you’ve already gotten with the ones from the current save.

So I can Continue+ from the last save of my first playthrough and end up with everyone but Guile with the Chrono Cross, but when I go back to my (New Game+) save, recruit him, fight TD, and go to Sprigg’s house, I’m not only missing Harle, but also Korcha, Mel, and Razzly.

I don’t know how to get them all from here. 

Edited by Bergen75