starcrunch061

I think the simulator genre has gone far enough

38 posts in this topic

With trophies for cordoning off a road, or for putting up signs…is this really necessary? 

Farming. Firefighting. Goat. I can get behind that. But road work? And not even the good part of it.

11 minutes ago, frontzie said:

It's not over until we get Administrator Simulator.

Hey I'm an admin manager, my worklife is super excit...................BORING ;)

THIS ISN'T EVEN ITS FINAL FORM

If you think about it, many games can be considered simulators of something. They just don't all use the word "simulator" in the title. Call of Duty? Military simulator. Grand theft auto? Criminal simulator. Gran Turismo? Racing simulator. Ghost of Tsushima? Samurai simulator.

I will most certainly be playing this when it's on sale. 51 trophies and unique gameplay, what's not to love?!

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

If you think about it, many games can be considered simulators of something.  They just don't all use the word "simulator" in the title. Call of Duty? Military simulator. Grand theft auto? Criminal simulator.

True. But on the other hand the point is they don't call themselves Simulators. COD and GTA are over the top, yes, but that's fine. When there's Simulator in the name I'm expecting at least a little realism. I watched a few let's plays and placing road blocks in the middle of nowhere and cars piling up isn't realistic. You would block streets at intersections without cars being able to drive to the construction zone. So no, I won't buy Road Maintenance Simulator, even though it caught my curiosity at first (especially because it features PS5's trophy progression system), but will buy the next GTA. (As long as it isn't labeled "Simulator")

Edited by woggly4

can be an endless and surprisingly creative genre, imagine the possibilities? 😸

It will only end when we get a Simulator Game Simulator :ninja: 

Anyone made a joke about Money Laundering Simulator yet? No? Alright, I'll take it.

I like simulator games so doesnt bother me, you dont have to buy them if you dont like them lol

2 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

Not until we get PlayStation Store Quality Control Simulator, it's not. Come to think of it, such a concept may well only exist in simulation...

I would absolutely buy this if someone made it and it was actually playable and decent. Would be satisfying to reject 5 minute platinums with zero creativity, asset flips, or otherwise horribly broken games, if only in a simulation. 

But on topic, I have an odd love of simulation games too, but only those that look interesting to me. I’ve personally never wanted to do road maintenance, so think I’ll be skipping this one. 😜 

Goat Simulator is about as far as I go.

Gran Turismo is often considered a driving simulator but it's a proper racing franchise that is high quality and has satisfied fans for decades. You might argue games like Railway Empire and Cities: Skylines are simulators, but they're full on strategy games that offer plenty of good content.

These simulators that are intended as a joke are almost always low quality meant to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Why not? Seems fair enough to me. Somebody out there will have an interest in road maintenance. Not probably top of my list of must buys but if the price was right, I might try it! 

Posted (edited)

Thing is, they are usually eather not complex enough to be called simulators (except maybe some farming ones or microsoft's flight one) or try to be a FuNnY one but joke was old in 2010s and goat simulator was all we needed to laugh at "genre". 

Edited by WiktorM101

actually they should make more 

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Infinite wisdom.

ACfzy16.gif

Infinite Wisdom Simulator!

It wouldn’t be true realism unless the road workers go way over budget and time, only for the road to fall to bits months later. 

3 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

I like simulator games so doesnt bother me, you dont have to buy them if you dont like them lol

Wow. 
This comment came out of nowhere.