It's not really feasible to go for the Plat yet

JediThought

I find myself with all trophies completed except MyFaction Lifetime challenges. Once you get to the stage where you need to collect amethyst and diamond cards, your option are truly horrifying. You can either complete all of proving ground on legend plus complete all 500 Faction Wars or basically nothing. Because even if you decide to just buy the needed cards from the token market, you'll need to basically grind all of Proving Ground and Faction Wars to get enough special tokens anyway. I really hope to the gods that alternative ways are presented. The platinum is obtainable but not in any real acceptable way 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 4:52 PM, JediThought said:

I find myself with all trophies completed except MyFaction Lifetime challenges. Once you get to the stage where you need to collect amethyst and diamond cards, your option are truly horrifying. You can either complete all of proving ground on legend plus complete all 500 Faction Wars or basically nothing. Because even if you decide to just buy the needed cards from the token market, you'll need to basically grind all of Proving Ground and Faction Wars to get enough special tokens anyway. I really hope to the gods that alternative ways are presented. The platinum is obtainable but not in any real acceptable way 

If you do all faction wars (easy enough with Ruby Asuka) and just do normal mode for all proving grounds, you'll have al amathyst you need and 3 diamond cards. You should be close to enough tokens for two more from diamond store and if you need to grind, you can keep doing easy factions wars and try and get 10 in suitcase or escalate difficulty in proving grounds. 

TLDR: Not impossible.

It's true in the sense that you CAN. But I feel like. Once you have the possibility whatsoever of drawing an amethyst or diamond from packs you "buy" then that may be a more preferable method for many hunters then what's available while the mode is still brand new. Certainly not impossible but quite a damn grind that the player needs to be clear on when they begin

Edited by JediThought

52 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Yep it’s horrendous. I only need 2 diamond cards and the pinnacle of power challenge then I’ll have the trophy. However, I’m not spending Money on a evolution card so I’m just going to wait till they release one (hopefully).

According to PowerPyx, you need to have the dlc to finish the pinnacle of power challenge since there isn’t any card that can complete it at the moment in the base game with only either Hollywood Hogan or Undertaker ‘98 being the only two which are both in the NWO 4 Life pack which is the dlc. So basically you need the DLC in order to get the platinum.

But, without paying just gotta wait it out. Still ridiculous how 2K is able to get away with these scummy business practices.

Edited by BadCoolRad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BadCoolRad said:

According to PowerPyx, you need to have the dlc to finish the pinnacle of power challenge since there isn’t any card that can complete it at the moment in the base game with only either Hollywood Hogan or Undertaker ‘98 being the only two which are both in the NWO 4 Life pack which is the dlc. So basically you need the DLC in order to get the platinum.

But, without paying just gotta wait it out. Still ridiculous how 2K is able to get away with these scummy business practices.

I just got WWE 2K22 and the code for the 3 Undertaker’s were in the case, go figure.  Not sure if they were intended as pre-order bonuses?

Anyway, this mode will likely be easier and less grindy over time (still grindy though) as more and more cards including evolution cards are released or given away and making diamonds easier to obtain, etc.

It is those feeling the need to get the platinum in the first month or two that are really feeling the pain

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 70 tokens away after playing 445 matches in total, I've just finished proving grounds on legendary and have only played faction wars up to the final token reward (175 wins)

I've still gotta do a couple weeks of daily challenges so I'll get the remaining tokens I need from that and the daily loyalty rewards easily, the 150 tokens that are now available from the weekly towers help a lot as it's probably saved me from having to grind the remaining 325 faction wars matches 

Found proving grounds pretty enjoyable for the most part and beat most matches first try, the 8 person ladder matches were definitely annoying and required some luck but the only match I really hated was the 8 woman pin only match in chapter 3 tower 3 and I was relieved there weren't any more of those

Edited by MD_91

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, TelliksOnhir said:

Yep it’s horrendous. I only need 2 diamond cards and the pinnacle of power challenge then I’ll have the trophy. However, I’m not spending Money on a evolution card so I’m just going to wait till they release one (hopefully).

Speaking of Evolution Cards, I noticed an exploit that can be used with them & certain daily challenges:

If you have a requirement such as damage 8 body parts to red, or make a 8 opponents submit, or even pin 8 opponents, you can play an Ironman match in MyFaction. Every successful submission or every successful pinfall will count towards the evolution or daily requirement. In Ironman matches too, when you beat an opponent, anything that was red will turn orange after it is hit once, then after a number of successful hits to that area will turn it red again. This counts multiple times toward the daily challenge & evolution requirements too.

• Like 1