Can I still download this old version and get platinum?

Quentus_PL

The old launcher is supposed to work until May 9th, otherwise it's pretty much the same thing. You'll get a pop-up everytime you open it telling you that you should switch to the new one. The icon on the desktop also has extremely muted colors like it's dying and fading away too. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mardolina said:

Perhaps there is a small chance they will really delete old trophy list...it says in the title of the trophy card that it's [Retiring]...

I'm not saying this *just* because there has never been a trophy list deleted from PSN in the almost 15 years there has been trophies with thousands of lists and there are several dozen that have been published in clear error that were never deleted...

Generally these type of databases are specifically set up so that things *can't* be deleted.

So yes... there is a small chance they will be able to delete the old trophy list and we have no options except to wait and see. 

• Like 1

You can but unless you lock yourself in your room for the next 24 days you wont stand a chance. 

And even then, Fall Guys isnt an easy platinum. You're going to have to start the game from scratch and then learn quickly because youre going to need to qualify 500 rounds, win 20 episodes, come first 20 times in races (and do an emote once before coming first), complete the entire season and pray that the bean gods shine on you that legendary customisable items show up in the shop, that took like half a year for me to do. And winning 5 Episodes in a row is a difficult task to do for even a veteran player unless you get boosted in sessions and even then it isn't guaranteed, not right now anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mardolina said:

Perhaps there is a small chance they will really delete old trophy list...it says in the title of the trophy card that it's [Retiring]...

They won't. People who got infallible and have the low platinum percentage to show for it would go ballistic. Including myself.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

So yes... there is a small chance they will be able to delete the old trophy list and we have no options except to wait and see. 

Oh man… can you imagine the shitstorm if this actually happens and the old list with the UR platinum got deleted? The fallout from that situation alone makes me think there’s no way they could/would actually do this.

13 hours ago, Quentus_PL said:

Hi. I get fall guys from ps+ some time ago and doesn't get platinum then, because my ps+ expired. If i buy ps+ today, can I still download this old launcher and get that platinum?

Hello. You can definitely download and keep playing the old version until it retires, but getting the Platinum depends on how many Trophies you already have.

I gave a look on your profile and you have only obtained very easy Trophies, meaning you have pretty much everything else to do. Getting qualifications and episode and race wins depends on your skill, while the shop related Trophies depend on luck. Not to mention that getting 5 episode wins in a row is very hard, and unless the rumor about the return of the Sweet Thiefes mode is true you're gonna have a lot of trouble with it. So yeah, unfortunately I think it's very unlikely you would be able to get the Platinum: even if you play 24/7, get very good and win a lot, you may end up missing the shop related Trophies.

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

There is a possibility to delete trophy lists and it's available to all of us. Only if the game has 0 trophies. Potentially PSN API could allow to delete trophy lists with already obtained trophies too but there are two good reasons why it most likely can't. If trophy list with more than 0 trophy is deleted then

1. Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze trophy counters should decrease depending on how many Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze trophies player earned in that list.
  2. Player's trophy rank should decrease.

Did Sony bother to implement this? Definitely not. And imagine if player doesn't have intent to return to Fall Guys after Season 6, does it mean that platinum he/she earned will just vanish? So the easiest way to implement trophy system is just to prevent trophy deletion if list isn't empty, that's what Sony did and there won't be any workarounds for 3rd party devs.

tl;dr: Fall Guys will be another example how misleading official information can be.

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That's not the type of trophy list deleting myself or others are talking about here.

I'm just saying that trophy deletion is already implemented and the restriction that users can't delete lists with more than 0 trophies via console's UI doesn't mean that API doesn't allow it and devs can't do it. But there are good technical reasons why it seems highly unlikely.

Edited by KingSkovald
typo