Favorite Installment Poll: Ratchet & Clank

DanielVT

Favorite Installment Poll: Ratchet & Clank  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Ratchet & Clank game?

• Ratchet & Clank
    • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
    • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
    • Ratchet: Deadlocked
    • Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time
    • Ratchet & Clank: Before The Nexus
    • Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus
    • Secret Agent Clank
    • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
    • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
    • Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile

The only ones I've played (and consequently platinumed) are R&C 1, 2, 3, Deadlocked, & CiT.

Ratchet: Deadlocked (HD) and A Crack In Time are my favourite.

I loved the creative direction of Deadlocked which focused on arena combat. The tediousness was outweighed by the awesome variety of weapons & introduction to mods. 

R&C: CiT had a great story, great graphics, and they added a lot of innovative features such as manual space travel between planets.

I will buy Nexus when it goes on sale, but for now, those 2 are my favourite.

Tools of Destruction heralded the age of HD for Ratchet & Clank. It was also my first entry in the franchise and having just replayed the entire series (only All4One and QForce to go but they barely count), ToD is still my favourite, followed closely by Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked.

I liked A Crack in Time but it lacked the cinematic feel and "newness" of ToD. Into the Nexus came across as more of an epilogue to the Future series than a game in it's own right, though it had the best weapons upgrade system of the series. ItN looked and played great, but there simply wasn't the volume of content of the previous games, with the exception of the lacklustre and way-too-short Quest for Booty.

All told, Ratchet & Clank is an excellent and accessible 3D platformer / third-person shooter series with likeable protagonists, an entertaining story, a kooky cast of characters, crazy weapons and great level design. Highly recommended.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Going Commando (or as it was known here: Locked and Loaded) for sure, it's my introduction R&C and a game I played through several times on PS2.

All the other games have been enjoyable too and I really had fun playing with my brother (as well as nephew and niece) in the newer multiplayer games.

I'm guessing ratchet and clank into the nexus is the same as ratchet and clank Q- force 

haven't played it yet, but i have it ... not played one i didn't like .

In this case it is not :) QForce is Full Frontal Assault, Nexus (EU) is the same as Into the Nexus.

Edited by zadorvp