Disappointed with Radhan, Nerf to blame?

TheReaper1497

So Radhan is one of the most hyped bosses of the game, a lot of the hype having to do with his difficulty and him being touted as the most powerful demigod warrior story-wise. I was really excited to fight him hoping to be a great challenge that will take me dozens of attempts to solve.

It took me two tries. I dont want that to come off as bragging to those that struggled, it wasnt skill that let me beat him anyway, im just genuinely disappointed.

The way it happened was i just rode behind him with my horse and swiped at his back for 5 minutes. He didnt do an aoe to shove me off, or turn around, or stop, or anything that might have let him fight back, he just kept riding in a circle... After he was low health i ran away just so i could see him do his special move at least once, but after he did it i just ran in and finished him off.

My main interest is, has his AI always been this dumb? I heard they nerfed him but i thought they just nerfed the damage, and then i heard they buffed him back.

But the damage of the attacks doesn't really matter when he didn't DO any attacks. I feel like I got robbed of a good fight because the AI was dumb.

• Like 1

Sometimes the AI is dumb and you kill a boss easily. Final boss for me got stuck in the middle of the arena, did not even realise that was supposed to happen. Took me 1 attempt to defeat the final boss. It happens.

Radhan was nerfed by mistake but they apparentely put his strength back again.

If you're that upset, why not delete your save and start again with a lower character build? The game is only as difficult as the build and exp that you put into it. Surely if you realised the AI got a bit stuck, why didn't you just quit mid battle and start again? Surely you must have known something was wrong, You've only got yourself to blame for swiping at his back for 5 minutes and getting a cheap victory.

Definitely more important things to be getting upset about, than killing a boss easily, in a video game.

Anyway, at the very least. Melania is waiting for you.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Nah that's kinda Radahn in a nutshell. Visually pleasing boss but he can randomly go "eh i dont wanna fight" from time to time. He was inflicting a ton of damage before the patch though, so that's why he was hyped before. 

But as people said, he is nothing compared to Malenia. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Sometimes the AI is dumb and you kill a boss easily. Final boss for me got stuck in the middle of the arena, did not even realise that was supposed to happen. Took me 1 attempt to defeat the final boss. It happens.

Radhan was nerfed by mistake but they apparentely put his strength back again.

If you're that upset, why not delete your save and start again with a lower character build? The game is only as difficult as the build and exp that you put into it. Surely if you realised the AI got a bit stuck, why didn't you just quit mid battle and start again? Surely you must have known something was wrong, You've only got yourself to blame for swiping at his back for 5 minutes and getting a cheap victory.

Definitely more important things to be getting upset about, than killing a boss easily, in a video game.

Anyway, at the very least. Melania is waiting for you.

Im not super upset just kinda bummed lol, like sure I could have been like "Oh, this probably shouldnt be happening, let me get off my horse and fight him on foot".

Also like i said, it wasnt that i had an over powered build he just went braindead and didnt really fight back. At the time i just thought it was ridiculous and kinda funny. the disappointment is more of an afterthought in hindsight.

But im one for rolling with the punches, not gonna abandon 30 hours of game progress over a buggy boss, my friend suggested the headcannon of i took so long to get to the boss that the Scarlet Rot finally got to his brain and thats the lore im going with for why he was so dumb lol

Mainly my thing was trying to find out if this was  due to the patch but i saw a clip of this happening to someone pre patch so i guess its just a bug they never fixed, oh well. 

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

Nah that's kinda Radahn in a nutshell. Visually pleasing boss but he can randomly go "eh i dont wanna fight" from time to time. He was inflicting a ton of damage before the patch though, so that's why he was hyped before. 

But as people said, he is nothing compared to Malenia. 

Looking forward to Malenia :) even though my friend said i shouldn't because she made him miserable lol

9 hours ago, technole said:

Don't speak too soon, McConnell somehow got cheated out of fighting Malenia after dying. Probably went out of bounds and went splat. I'd be so mad not getting to fight the headliner boss.

LMAO thats pretty funny, luckily it seems like quickly closing the game reset the boss for him so if it happens to me i know what to do

• Like 1

16 hours ago, enaysoft said:

If you had a Ashen Remain summoned, then Placidsaux and Elden Lord both freeze up, it has something to do with the summons. Earlier speed runs utilized this.

2 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

every single crucible knight needs removing from this game, i did radahn first try, crucible knights kill me 15 times if i keep persisting with this no name nothing scrub of an enemy. 

Lol i had a similiar thought of, "man why are all the main bosses so far so easy and yet i cant beat any miniboss that annoyingly spews scarlet rot" like the rot dragon and rot erdtree avatar

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

every single crucible knight needs removing from this game, i did radahn first try, crucible knights kill me 15 times if i keep persisting with this no name nothing scrub of an enemy. 

Big bears! Those enemies have probably killed me the most. lol

Especially the one that greets you directly as you walk inside a cave. That one, killed me in one, or two shots and is very hard to dodge around.

I also struggled with "the less than 50% health, let's throw in another Gargoyle bullshit."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

This. There's one particular Crucible Knight that just destroyed me over and over. Think they were on a walkway that went to a circular hub room that you jump down into in Nok'Place. Dude messed me up so much, but eventually flew off a cliff. Hardest fight in the game, Melania was cake (first tried her) ?

On 2022-04-16 at 6:14 PM, TheReaper1497 said:

The way it happened was i just rode behind him with my horse and swiped at his back for 5 minutes. He didnt do an aoe to shove me off, or turn around, or stop, or anything that might have let him fight back, he just kept riding in a circle... After he was low health i ran away just so i could see him do his special move at least once, but after he did it i just ran in and finished him off.

Sounds like maybe the AI bugged out or something. I've fought him twice, once after the big nerf as a Sorcerer and once as melee after they un-nerfed him somewhat a couple of weeks ago. The first time he was a bit of a pushover, I think it took me 2 or 3 tries and I just threw spells at him while the NPC's kept him busy. The second time it was definitely harder and more annoying since you sort of have to chase him around on your horse and smack him but in my case he did a variety of moves to damage me, often to the point where I sort of wished he'd let up for a moment so I could heal, etc. If you were able to just chase him around and not be damaged then that doesn't sound anything like my experience with him.