You can get all expansion 2 and 5 Trophies with an extra controller.

cy1999aek_maik

18 hours ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

Hi, I haven't seen this stated around here but you can do every trophy from expansion 2 and 5 with an extra controller except Cupid. Cupid needs one more controller but you can connect your phone via remote play and get that one as well.

If you didn't know, on ps4, you can connect a controller to a second account, then turn off the controller, and when you turn it back on again, the ps4 will give you the option to sign in with a 3rd account with that same controller. It means that you won't be able to move around in-game with your second account but very useful if you only have 2 controllers and no friend to boost with. This is what I did ?

Also, you will need the editions button to access the multiplayer needed for these trophies.

Edited by deaf_swap004
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, That1Estonian said:

but u would still need access to editions, right?

yep

12 hours ago, deaf_swap004 said:

If you didn't know, on ps4, you can connect a controller to a second account, then turn off the controller, and when you turn it back on again, the ps4 will give you the option to sign in with a 3rd account with that same controller. It means that you won't be able to move around in-game with your second account but very useful if you only have 2 controllers and no friend to boost with. This is what I did 1f642.png

Also, you will need the editions button to access the multiplayer needed for these trophies.

i tried doing that but it didnt work for me. I guess i did it wrong

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, AquaWarrior712 said:

How do you get back the Editions button? I just don't know if there is a way to reverse update your game to another build?

There are workarounds for this glitch but they're unreliable. This forum has several threads on this matter so check them out and try each solution until either, one of them works or you give up :(. This glitch is tied to your profile and when you bought the game, because the devs coded the Bedrock Update to lockout the Editions button for anyone who bought the game after a certain date so downgrading to a previous version via the Charles Proxy server exploit is mostly pointless since you can't do the MP trophies offline (at least the last time I looked into this, you couldn't).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are workarounds for this glitch but they're unreliable. This forum has several threads on this matter so check them out and try each solution until either, one of them works or you give up :(. This glitch is tied to your profile and when you bought the game, because the devs coded the Bedrock Update to lockout the Editions button for anyone who bought the game after a certain date so downgrading to a previous version via the Charles Proxy server exploit is mostly pointless since you can't do the MP trophies offline (at least the last time I looked into this, you couldn't).

Do you know if anyone has tried playing splitscreen with someone who does have access to the editions menu and getting the trophies that way?

5 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

Do you know if anyone has tried playing splitscreen with someone who does have access to the editions menu and getting the trophies that way?

That has been tried and it doesn't work. All that happens is the game errors out when you try to join/accept the invite, then boots you back to the main menu.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2022 at 9:15 PM, AquaWarrior712 said:

How do you get back the Editions button? I just don't know if there is a way to reverse update your game to another build?

It's always been there for me. I have the digital version from the EU store, idk if that affects anything. 

42 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

It's always been there for me. I have the digital version from the EU store, idk if that affects anything. 

Lucky you. I had to buy an old disc copy, I was able to access the Editions button then. 

How I did it was to boot up the disc on 1.00, make a world, save and quit. Update to most recent and the Editions button is there to switch back to an older version.

Frankly, I think it's ridiculous that Mojang forced the Bedrock Edition onto the rest of us when so many of us prefer the older version since it's you know...actually fun. Especially when it comes to redstone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

That's because you bought the game before the devs locked out the Editions button for new players. Anyone who buys the game now, is effectively screwed if they can't get one of the workarounds to work.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That's because you bought the game before the devs locked out the Editions button for new players. Anyone who buys the game now, is effectively screwed if they can't get one of the workarounds to work.

That's odd, I have the game (Digital, from the JP store) since early 2021 and I hadn't have any issues w/ the Editions button.

Anyways, thanks OP for the tip, just did it with the method you suggested before the Free-Plus Weekend ended lol

• Like 1

On 28/05/2022 at 7:27 PM, dakk55 said:

Lucky you. I had to buy an old disc copy, I was able to access the Editions button then. 

How I did it was to boot up the disc on 1.00, make a world, save and quit. Update to most recent and the Editions button is there to switch back to an older version.

Frankly, I think it's ridiculous that Mojang forced the Bedrock Edition onto the rest of us when so many of us prefer the older version since it's you know...actually fun. Especially when it comes to redstone.

Did you have to make a new account or whatever? Or did you just use your main?

2 hours ago, DecSim01 said:

Did you have to make a new account or whatever? Or did you just use your main?

I used the same account. I didn't need to make another PSN account or anything. Just getting a disc of the old version, the one with Steve in Diamond armor on the cover was enough. The cover on the old disc case looks like this.

Amazon.com: Minecraft - PlayStation 4 : Sony Interactive Entertai: Video  Games

The other Minecraft disc is newer, it comes with the more recent updates installed already.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

I used the same account. I didn't need to make another PSN account or anything. Just getting a disc of the old version, the one with Steve in Diamond armor on the cover was enough. The cover on the old disc case looks like this.

The other Minecraft disc is newer, it comes with the more recent updates installed already.

Thank you! Definitely gonna start playing it at some point. Just wanted to make sure i could get those trophies out of the way first so I don't have to worry about them. 

On 17.4.2022 at 6:34 PM, cy1999aek_maik said:

Hi, I haven't seen this stated around here but you can do every trophy from expansion 2 and 5 with an extra controller except Cupid. Cupid needs one more controller but you can connect your phone via remote play and get that one as well.

On 18.4.2022 at 1:10 PM, deaf_swap004 said:

If you didn't know, on ps4, you can connect a controller to a second account, then turn off the controller, and when you turn it back on again, the ps4 will give you the option to sign in with a 3rd account with that same controller. It means that you won't be able to move around in-game with your second account but very useful if you only have 2 controllers and no friend to boost with. This is what I did 1f642.png

What a coincidence that this post got suggested to me just a few hours after I opened a session for these trophies.

Thank you both so much for the tips, had already tried a few things a few weeks ago, also with a second Controller and a even a second PS4 joining the lobby but none of it had worked, through the tricks here it finally did and i finally arrived the 100%, thank you!

• Like 1

On 30/05/2022 at 8:16 PM, dakk55 said:

One last question, sorry lol, did you deactivate your account like people have being saying? Or did you not need to.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 6:32 PM, DecSim01 said:

One last question, sorry lol, did you deactivate your account like people have being saying? Or did you not need to.

If you mean deactivating my PS4 as Primary, no I did not do that. I did do it offline though, but that was because I didn't want the game to auto-update before I made a world save on 1.00.

I found a way to get the editions button back. It involves simply using the original Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition disc which people above have said. The problem is it will only work if you do it on a playstation account that has not previously purchased the new version of Minecraft. Also, I found I had to delete my second account (which is the account I bought the new version of minecraft on) from my console before the editions button actually appeared on my main account after installing the the game using the original PlayStation 4 Edition of Minecraft on disc.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to get the original retail version of the game, the one before bedrock, but am a bit confused. Didn't they patch the online trophies from expansion set 2 and 5 so you can only get them in public matches against real people?

Does the local trick with multiple controller still work? I thought that you can only do local in private sessions, no?

So I'm a bit confused. Can somebody clarify this to me? Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, AttilaThe13th said:

I'm planning to get the original retail version of the game, the one before bedrock, but am a bit confused. Didn't they patch the online trophies from expansion set 2 and 5 so you can only get them in public matches against real people?

Does the local trick with multiple controller still work? I thought that you can only do local in private sessions, no?

Correct, the MP trophies have to be done in public games because the devs decided to be dicks a few years ago and patch out the trophy tracking in offline matches so private lobbies are out of the question but you can still use multiple controllers in public games to give yourself an edge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct, the MP trophies have to be done in public games because the devs decided to be dicks a few years ago and patch out the trophy tracking in offline matches so private lobbies are out of the question but you can still use multiple controllers in public games to give yourself an edge.

Thanks for the fast response. :) I'll definitely get the game then and exploit my way through. F the devs. :devil:

I know that this is the PS4 version, but do you know by any chance if this method works on the PS3 as well? I mean the multiple controller/split screen method? :)

It's a bummer you can't do Vita split screen with external controllers, but it is what it is. ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AttilaThe13th said:

Thanks for the fast response. :) I'll definitely get the game then and exploit my way through. F the devs. :devil:

I know that this is the PS4 version, but do you know by any chance if this method works on the PS3 as well? I mean the multiple controller/split screen method? :)

It's a bummer you can't do Vita split screen with external controllers, but it is what it is. 1f605.png

You can Splitscreen the PS3 version but again, only in public games due to offline matches not counting :(.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

If you host a game you can start it before anyone else joins and just play with you and your multiple accounts. It gets a bit finicky if you change the rules however. I remember when I was tweaking the rules to get the trophies easier, they wouldn't pop, but I don't remember what exactly I was doing or for what trophies. With extra controllers and remote play you should be able to get them with default rules regardless..just host a game and start it before anyone joins

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, cy1999aek_maik said:

I can’t get any of the trophies at all from expansion 2 and 5. I tried using two controllers and I still can’t get the trophies. You guys are lucky.