"Asian" version trophy list, need help.

Flamingknux

TL;DR - I posted three images that allegedly correspond to with a Korean, Hong Kong, or Taiwanese version of KH. Do any of these qualify for the "Asian" trophy list?

I am posting this thread here since the "Worldwide" version of the game receives more traction.

I have finally decided to take the time and effort needed to track down the "Asian" version of the game that has the trophy list that I do not have the Platinum trophy for. I own a North American copy of the game, and when browsing one of the threads on the "Asian" listing of KH3, someone gave the information that the only versions that qualify for this different trophy list are: South Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Whether or not if this is true, I have no clue. I know that allegedly Winnie the Pooh is censored, so I am led to believe that any version associated with the region of China will have this different trophy list. If anyone has anymore information or any clarity, that would be nice.

I am looking for a physical copy of the game because I like to actually own my games in this manner. I will attach images of the box art of what I believe to be a Korean, Hong Kong, and Taiwan version of the game. Do any of these qualify for the "Asian" trophy list? Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Korean box art

Korean

Hong Kong box art

Cgx4Xl7.jpeg

Taiwan box art

Of23Qo7.jpeg

Hi Flamingknux,

since I bought the Hongkong version of the game from the PS store, I can confirm that the "Chinese" version of the game gives you the Asia-stack for Kingdom Hearts 3. Unfortunately, I do not know, if other versions gives you the stack as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flamingknux said:

TL;DR - I posted three images that allegedly correspond to with a Korean, Hong Kong, or Taiwanese version of KH. Do any of these qualify for the "Asian" trophy list?

I can't really tell from those three boxarts, but there are two versions of Kingdom Hearts 3 on Asian PlayStation Stores: one is the English version, which shares the worldwide trophy list, and the other is the Chinese/Korean version, which shares the Asian trophy list.

8 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I can't really tell from those three boxarts, but there are two versions of Kingdom Hearts 3 on Asian PlayStation Stores: one is the English version, which shares the worldwide trophy list, and the other is the Chinese/Korean version, which shares the Asian trophy list.

Guess I didn't really think about it, but I just got the idea to search for those regions rating systems and other box art from that region. The Taiwan box art matches what I found using Google, and the Korean box art matches what I found. I cannot find anything in regards to Hong Kong. So the box art does match up with each version, so that is a good thing.

On the topic of acquiring a version, I found a Korean version which happens to be the cheapest version that I found. I'll take everyone's word on it that it has access to the "Asian" trophy list. Albeit the sources of quite minimal so I was looking for more confirmations, but I might as well just make the purchase now since shipping takes a long time.

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe the JP version shares the other list but all other Asian releases share the Asia list (though please correct me if I'm wrong) :).

I have heard the Japanese versions does not have access to the "Asian" trophy list. One would think that since Japan is an Asian country then you would have access to the "Asian" list, but multiple people have said that it does not have access to that list.

If it did have access then I would have easily bought that version, lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Are you able to see the spine of the PS4 box before you buy it? You want one that says "CUSA15072" on the spine -- that's the Asian trophy list version. The worldwide trophy list instead says CUSA12031.

You say the spine of the box should have a CUSA number, but I do not see one anywhere on my NA copy. There is a number at the bottom that says "2103812" but it doesn't say CUSA nor does it look like the numbers you provided for the worldwide trophy list. Then on the back of the box you have "KH03PS4US100" which seems to be self explanatory, and then the serial number (662248915050).

After looking at my other Kingdom Hearts game for the PS4, none of them have a CUSA number. They all have different seven-digit numbers instead. In fact, only one of my PS4 games has a CUSA. So unfortunately I have no clue if these CUSA method would work. I am not able to see the spine, only the front cover.

Edit: The seller was able to look at the spine of the Korean case and inform me that it has a PCKS number. They said "PCKS10074".

Edited by Flamingknux
Found more information. The physical Korean version has a PCKS number.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

If you're looking for a physical copy of the game in order to access the "Asian" trophy list, the Korean version that I purchased qualifies. I know people kept throwing around China and Korea for versions to buy, but they would just purchase the games digitally. I like to buy my games physically, so if anyone also wants a physical "Asian" trophy list game I recommend the Korean version. The Chinese versions I found would sell for $40 - $60 USD, but I was able to find a Korean version for $20 USD brand new.

If you want to see an image, the first image on this topic is the Korean box art. The Korean game rating system is an easy identifier (and if you're curious what the block of text above the stuff in the bottom left corner is, that is just a sticker).

PCKS 10074

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2024 at 11:44 PM, sciaquatilocchio said:

Can you play the game in english with the asian version?

No, you cannot play the game in English. There are unfortunately no language options.

Luckily if you're familiar with the game in general, it should not be too daunting of a task. Also depending on your set-up, you can load up Google Translate on your phone and translate what is needed with their live camera option.

Really the game is not that hard to obtain the Platinum so don't let the foreign language dissuade you. Playing on Easy, skipping all cutscenes, mashing X to attack everything is quite simple. Really you shouldn't have to worry about needing to translate anything until you beat the game.

Now of course I myself have not gotten the Platinum. I just wanted a physical copy and played past Coliseum checking to see if everything worked. One of these days I plan on getting the Platinum. Should take less than two weeks- maybe less than a single week.