Thor: Love and Thunder [New Trailer]

LastMinuteSavior

Because some certain people really need to be told, Lady Thor was a thing that happened in the comics. Also, damn, did Natalie get that yolked for the part or is it a body double with her head CG'd on I wonder? Time will tell.

Anyways, back when the first Thor came out if somebody had told me he'd have at least four movies I would have told them to dream on. But with Taika Waititi at the helm again as he was for Thor Ragnarok, I have confidence that this will be great too. I suspect the Guardians of the Galaxy will be only a glorified cameo at the beginning but since their own third movie is coming next year (plus a Holiday Special this Christmas) I'm okay with that.

Edited by Stan Lee

23 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

...did Natalie get that yolked for the part or is it a body double with her head CG'd on I wonder? 

Nah, she put in the work:

Ev4jNNaUcAQ7udm.jpg

23 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

...certain people really need to be told, Lady Thor was a thing that happened in the comics.

Most people are excited to see her though. Her story arc has great potential with Portman reprising her role and with Taika in charge (Jojo Rabbit showed he can work in serious subjects into an entertaining movie).

4395ac0d1e27e6c1c9bc07d451c0137c.jpg

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Nah, she put in the work:

Ev4jNNaUcAQ7udm.jpg

Damn, mad respect to her for this!

12 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Most people are excited to see her though. Her story arc has great potential with Portman reprising her role and with Taika in charge (Jojo Rabbit showed he can work in serious subjects into an entertaining movie).

4395ac0d1e27e6c1c9bc07d451c0137c.jpg

Oh, no doubt, I'm super pumped for her to play the role as well. Just took a glance at the YouTube comments (always a bad idea, I know) and saw a bit of the usual insecure manbaby whinging, is all.

31 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Just took a glance at the YouTube comments (always a bad idea, I know) and saw a bit of the usual insecure manbaby whinging, is all.

I know what you mean. But it highly depends on the channel.

IGN for instance is filled with ignorant and toxic morons.

Other comment boards, such as ScreenCrush, New Rockstars, Nerdist, Fandom Entertainment or Mr Sunday Movies are a lot more chill.

• Like 1

I know Lady Thor is the big news here, but it sure looks like that's the Greek pantheon, which likely means we'll be getting MCU Hercules, a perfect strong dumb guy to take over if this is Hemsworth's last appearance. That would also fit with the other alleged leak, 

Spoiler

Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale) being the main antagonist

Between this and Moon Knight, the original story of "actually the Asgardians are technically aliens, not gods" seems to be falling apart. ?

It's hard to care about MCU for me anymore, to be honest.

And it's a bit sad to say because I watched everything from Iron Man to Endgame + WandaVision. Saw many of them in theaters starting with The Avengers. But recently, either my interests changed too much, or the beginning of the new phase felt like more of the same, or both, but when I look at the new trailers, I don't feel anything.

Thor Ragnarok was probably my top 3 MCU films. And I like Taika Waititi. However, watching the trailer for Love and Thunder, I just feel "Eh, it's more Thor". Same with Dr Strange 2. 

I'll likely watch No Way Home, then jump off the MCU train forever.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

@Stan Lee

Portman is looking lean and mean:

thor-love-and-thunder.jpg?auto=webp&widt

Hemsworth looks like a power ranger.

But the colourful palette worked in favor of Ragnarok so... I trust Taika.

Source:

Looks incredible!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...