Space races

3 hours ago, Blurrkup said:

Double pressing X to make you go faster, some have taken me multiple times to do but they are all doable. Sometimes the first time I do one I just try to make a mental note of where they are, and restart, which helps.

I press x twice to go faster, my problem is that I don't see the portals anymore.

I found that if I looked at them they tend to go in some sort of circular path with 3 - 4 close to each other, even if it isn't exactly obvious, and you can boost with X from one group to the next if you're angled right.  It's helped with them so far, but I still usually finish with seconds to spare.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea is to go at full speed while not missing anything. I know that seems obvious, but there's not much room for error. I think the issue is that depending one where you are in space when you start the race can determine where you're looking when it gets going, so sometimes you're completely turned around and you have to waste valuable seconds. 

Honestly though, it's a vast improvement over past LEGO games. As much as I love the first LEGO Marvel Super Heroes...the flying controls in that game are abysmal. 

On 5/5/2022 at 9:40 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I found Boba Fett's ship was an excellent choice for pretty much all space related requirements, really precise and high fire rate, tight movement and good speed. I used it pretty much exclusively for the space stuff.

I have completed all the races.

It is true Boba Fett's ship is very good.

• 1 month later...

Trying to get the mini kit from the race in Now This Is Podracing. I’ve watched videos on YouTube and it shows you get 100 seconds to get gold, but in my PS5 version I have to do it under 40 seconds to get gold. Did they make it harder or am I doing something wrong to not get 100 seconds?

On 6/15/2022 at 0:39 PM, Graffin_G said:

Trying to get the mini kit from the race in Now This Is Podracing. I’ve watched videos on YouTube and it shows you get 100 seconds to get gold, but in my PS5 version I have to do it under 40 seconds to get gold. Did they make it harder or am I doing something wrong to not get 100 seconds?

This appears to be the case.  There was a Reddit thread on it; during a recent update the gold medal time was reduced from 100 seconds to 40.  This took the challenge from being really easy to now, really hard.  To make it worse, your exact spawn location changes each time you retry the race, so you need a favorable spawn as well as close knowledge of the path to succeed.  Some recommend the jedi fighter as the best ship (quicker acceleration).  As far as I know, there is no video up yet showing a run under 40 seconds.

Edit to add: someone also mentioned tweeting at the developers, asking if this 40 second cutoff was a bug; the answer was no, the new time is intentional.

Edited by tak_106

• 1 month later...
On 17/06/2022 at 4:36 AM, tak_106 said:

This appears to be the case.  There was a Reddit thread on it; during a recent update the gold medal time was reduced from 100 seconds to 40.  This took the challenge from being really easy to now, really hard.  To make it worse, your exact spawn location changes each time you retry the race, so you need a favorable spawn as well as close knowledge of the path to succeed.  Some recommend the jedi fighter as the best ship (quicker acceleration).  As far as I know, there is no video up yet showing a run under 40 seconds.

Edit to add: someone also mentioned tweeting at the developers, asking if this 40 second cutoff was a bug; the answer was no, the new time is intentional.

Cheers for the reply. After many many attempts, I managed to just get under 39 seconds. It's really tough, but doable. Not sure why they'd intentionally make this one race so difficult when the rest are relatively easy.

I managed to find myself doing well with portals races using the "Naboo Royal Starship" ship. Great speed and mobility.

I really struggled with the race in the story mission that makes you turn around the Trade Federation Battleship (and basically the first race you encounter in the game, not really comforting...), but as soon as I switched to this Naboo Royal Starship, I achieved it, after many desperate tries with several other ships...

• 5 months later...

I've been using the Imperial shuttle for the races, it's ok, fairly maneuverable and pretty fast.

Double pressing x gives a huge advantage between gates.

Where you spawn is also a huge advantage.

I found if you finish the race in bronze or silver times, you will re-spawn in a mint spot for a decent run once you retry. I was surprised I got that 40 second run after several silvers.

The biggest thing to mess you up is when you lose the next set of gates for sure, as they're not always linear and you can find yourself having to u-turn. 

Edit: now this is pod racing is now a 50sec race.

Edited by yoda_squad