Xbox Series X overtakes PS5 (Console sales week of Mar 27 to April 2)

vanessaking2

The only reason for this personally myself is that there is more Xbox stock than PS5 stock. If there was equal amounts I doubt it would be Xbox outselling PS5. 

What I can see happening over time in the future though is Microsoft having equal Game Pass subscriptions and even surpassing PS Plus subscriptions. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slava said:

Expected to see the caveat in the post itself, but didn't. So I had to google to know which time frame it was. 

Is this it?

"Xbox Series X|S Outsells PS5 Again - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Mar 27-Apr 2 - Sales.

The Xbox Series X|S sold 232,758 units to bring their lifetime sales to 13.89 million units. The PlayStation 5 sold an estimated 191,950 units to bring its lifetime sales to 18.80 million units."

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/453237/xbox-series-xs-outsells-ps5-again-worldwide-hardware-estimates-for-mar-27-apr-2/

I'm not a maths wiz or anything but even I know that selling 13.89 million xbox compared to 18.80 million ps5 means Microsoft did not sell more than Sony.

Plus that time scale is a week max just after Sony reveled the new ps plus system so of course people are gonna jump ship and I'm sure that millions wrong it should be 18.8 thousand as you can't fucking find one to buy unless it's from a scummy scalper.

Edited by Ultraxian
  • Like 1

As everyone says, it's just an availability thing.

The only thing I get concerned about is how many Xbox Series S get sold because that will bottleneck the entire generation once we abandon the last gen (won't happen for a while I know). If that somehow became the more popular option it would be a serious issue for everyone.

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Is there any kind of article with data to explain what you’re talking about here?

Seems the thing Sony needs to come up with is a chip factory since their real limitation is not having consoles for people to buy. 

I was just about to comment the same thing, but I'm glad someone posted it first.

And I don't think this is something that any of us needs to bust our heads about. We are getting so many awesome games every bloody year, just enjoy what we have. ?

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's never really been to the consumer's benefit when one company is vastly out-pacing the other, as that tends to lead to limited choices for the consumers of the weaker product, and complacency from the dominant company, resulting in a slackening of their customer-retaining, pro-consumer offerings benefiting the customers of the stronger one.

Traditionally, whenever there is a relatively even split between two, strong, stable companies in direct competition, the beneficiaries have been us - the consumers.

conversely, when there's a clearly superior choice, that also benefits the consumer. they only have to spend money on ONE product :P

• Like 1

I don't see any data showing anything xbox systems over playstation systems sales numbers wise, all data about xbox we have is from 3rd parties, and we have the total sold numbers for PS5s from Sony, and as far as that, even under high production constraints, there have been far more PS5s made and sold to date than xbox series consoles, and when PS5s are in stock, they sell in seconds, while xbox series consoles are in stock for quite a while

so we know two things, more ps5s are being made and sold than xbox series and people want ps5s more than xbox series consoles

unless those two things change, for a long period of time, any talk about this is irrelevant and click bait