Xbox Series X overtakes PS5 (Console sales week of Mar 27 to April 2)

vanessaking2

2 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

only 3

halo, gears, forza

I know this is a bit of a classic joke, and a little facetious, but it's still (somehow) largely true. Gears is whatever these days, but Halo and Forza still remain as the 2 big pillars of the Xbox ecosystem, which to me is fucking nuts. And Halo wasn't even originally MS's IP to begin with (classic Microsoft). It's insane that after 20 years in the industry they still have to fall back so heavily on these franchises to basically carry the brand. Imagine if the only franchises PlayStation had to show for the past 20 years were Gran Turismo, Killzone and Uncharted or something... LOL! MS better hope the 20 something studios they snapped up start producing the goods soon

• Like 1

What a pointless thread, all this based on 1 week's sales, that's a major fail right there. Not to mention OP provided no information to what they are actually talking about, so I'm convinced this cannot be a real person, lol. That being said, if you care about a console war on who is doing better might want to rethink what you're doing in life lol because the reality is most people simply do not care.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 2

THE GREAT WALL OF WORDS IN A ROW.

ll take the bait, since everyone else seems to want to be a bunch of pretentious snobs acting like "console wars" are beneath them.  When they probably cheer for some other superficial activity or product.  This is a valid topic on a PlayStation Trophy forum.

I'll say it.  I want PlayStation to outpace, and outperform Microsofts Xbox for several reasons.  1 being I heavily prefer their QUALITY SP games with minimal bullshit Monetization and Service garbage.  Xbox (and others) has  already pushed Sony in the Monetization and Service direction.  Let's hope the quality doesn't drop.  

Also, the only reason why Xbox is currently out selling PlayStation is due to spending their big money and getting chip priority.  Now, let's hope that when the time comes and those who weren't able to get the PS5 and settled for a Xbox, can afford to get the PS5.  There are long term ramifications to this pandemic and chip shortages.  Sony will surely lose a few more points of market share due to this.  Yes they have a big chunk, but this could be the perfect storm to eat away at that pie.  Especially considering Jim Ryan seems like an unrelatable babbling buffoon, pushing his some studios (MUCH LIKE PHIL SPENCER has been doing since 2010) to be more greedy (GT7, HFW upgrade), meanwhile gaming "Journalists" are jumpin on PS despite having the strongest release ever, with more games than the PS4 launched with.  Meanwhile Xbox is still struggling with releases.  Baffling.  But Phil's Propaganda is working.  He's even more dangerous than Jim, because his shit is working.  

Exciting times for gaming fans.  Despite gaming becoming far more predatory, and scarier than ever.  

Edited by NxtDoc
Corrections

On 19.4.2022 at 0:39 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

Makes sense, homies gotta keep their G Fuel energy drinks cold.

maxresdefault.jpg

i'm a 100% playstation fan but i'm going to buy it, if it's available! it'S soo cool and i love the idea ?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 10:07 AM, Stan Lee said:

More subscriptions to PS Plus (~50 million) than Xbox Game Pass (~30 million) so when the new PS Plus launches this summer it will have a bigger subscription base and many more games than Xbox Game Pass for a rather meagre price difference 

One's basically a mandatory subscription service to play online. The other is an optional pre-selected library of games. One of these things is not like the other.

Xbox Live Gold is what is actually comparable to PS+ and since MS has 100 million active users every month (according to reports just a few months ago) I can only imagine they have similar numbers for Gold to Sony's +.

Also what are you going on about with the new PS+? The lowest tier is the same price and offers nothing new. Vast majority of that 50 million will be migrating to this "new" low tier. Nothing changes for them. The next highest up to get the additional library of only PS4/5 games is $100, that's not by any definition a meager difference. Then the highest tier PS+ Premium is double the price of the current PS+ subscription. So one would hope you would get at least double the amount of games but at the same time, plenty of them are filler or crap. The PS3 section on PSNow has like ten racing games but they couldn't get Folklore.

9 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Also what are you going on about with the new PS+? The lowest tier is the same price and offers nothing new. Vast majority of that 50 million will be migrating to this "new" low tier. Nothing changes for them. The next highest up to get the additional library of only PS4/5 games is $100, that's not by any definition a meager difference. Then the highest tier PS+ Premium is double the price of the current PS+ subscription. So one would hope you would get at least double the amount of games but at the same time, plenty of them are filler or crap.

keep in mind the people who already sub to plus AND now aren't getting any added benefits.. just like the ppl who already sub to plus and will just transition to the basic tier

comes down to personal preference if $40 additional is worth it to someone to "upgrade" to the mid tier for the PS4/5 offerings

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

One's basically a mandatory subscription service to play online. The other is an optional pre-selected library of games. One of these things is not like the other.

Xbox Live Gold is what is actually comparable to PS+ and since MS has 100 million active users every month (according to reports just a few months ago) I can only imagine they have similar numbers for Gold to Sony's +.

Also what are you going on about with the new PS+? The lowest tier is the same price and offers nothing new. Vast majority of that 50 million will be migrating to this "new" low tier. Nothing changes for them. The next highest up to get the additional library of only PS4/5 games is $100, that's not by any definition a meager difference. Then the highest tier PS+ Premium is double the price of the current PS+ subscription. So one would hope you would get at least double the amount of games but at the same time, plenty of them are filler or crap. The PS3 section on PSNow has like ten racing games but they couldn't get Folklore.

Thanks for telling me all that stuff I already know, cool

I was referring to the fact that when the new service launches it will have more total subscribers than Game Pass. Sure, you can break it down into the tiers but Game Pass has tiers as well- "yeah but, but, Game Pass has this many but Game Pass Ultimate has THIS many". Plus the cost-per-month difference is small, which is what Game Pass charges by.

I'm aware they have differences G but I'm talking strictly numbers and you can bet your ass Sony are gonna roll those out in the marketing.

50 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Thanks for telling me all that stuff I already know, cool

I was referring to the fact that when the new service launches it will have more total subscribers than Game Pass. Sure, you can break it down into the tiers but Game Pass has tiers as well- "yeah but, but, Game Pass has this many but Game Pass Ultimate has THIS many". Plus the cost-per-month difference is small, which is what Game Pass charges by.

I'm aware they have differences G but I'm talking strictly numbers and you can bet your ass Sony are gonna roll those out in the marketing.

They're not comparable services. It's like saying AT&T has more subscribers than Costco's has memberships. What relevance does that have to literally anything?

• Like 1

Me who has both PS5 since launch, got 3 other people a ps5 easily, and also have a series x since boxing day and a switch since 2 months after launch, i just shrug. 

Does Sony need to do something? yeah, but it isnt in their hands. Chip shortage or come up with a plan B for something to replace that chip which also can't be easily done.

Do i care who wins sales? no. i care about game enjoyment and i have access to play any big release i choose.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 6:55 PM, vanessaking2 said:

Microsofts system overtakes PS5 meanwhile. It is not a good sign for Sony. They have to come up with something.

Like third party controllers or an option that isn't Dualsense, Not everyone likes them. Like BC that isn't streamed. A system update that doesn't cripple your modern TV into Game Mode. There are many things.

Games aside (As I far prefer what Sony makes to what MS makes) but the dual sense and the upcoming VR2 win it for me.

I own a Series X,  game pass is OK, but to be honest it is mostly filled with old games that I didnt want to play at the time and much less so now.

Game pass and backwards compatibility are arguably Xbox's biggest selling points and for me they are not all that.

I know that Sony's exclusives will (and have done so for years) smash it clean out the park time after time, but I don't get that same confidence from MS, not even close, I don't know why that is, but there you go.

Lets just say I am far more curious and excited what Naughty Dog will bring this generation than I am for ALL of Xbox game studios put together.

I hope Fable will be good and with Playground games making it then it should be very good, but outside of a couple of MS games I am just not feeling it and have been let down a lot in the past with my expectations not being reached with Xbox.

It's been quite a while since we saw anything from Series X/S exclusives and I just have not set my bar as high this time around.

Just my 2c.

On 4/27/2022 at 0:37 PM, Septic_Phlegm said:

Games aside (As I far prefer what Sony makes to what MS makes) but the dual sense and the upcoming VR2 win it for me.

I own a Series X,  game pass is OK, but to be honest it is mostly filled with old games that I didnt want to play at the time and much less so now.

Game pass and backwards compatibility are arguably Xbox's biggest selling points and for me they are not all that.

I know that Sony's exclusives will (and have done so for years) smash it clean out the park time after time, but I don't get that same confidence from MS, not even close, I don't know why that is, but there you go.

Lets just say I am far more curious and excited what Naughty Dog will bring this generation than I am for ALL of Xbox game studios put together.

I hope Fable will be good and with Playground games making it then it should be very good, but outside of a couple of MS games I am just not feeling it and have been let down a lot in the past with my expectations not being reached with Xbox.

It's been quite a while since we saw anything from Series X/S exclusives and I just have not set my bar as high this time around.

Just my 2c.

I cancelled Game Pass

I'll be honest, I'm no fan of the PS5 and had it since week one. It's the controller, I f'n hate it. 

Xbox,,, Well the Series x is an amazing console it's the games library that counts and Sony are on top of this.

Own both if you have the cash?

In conclusion no one cares

Oh yeah, and this is just lazy BS, It's not just Sony TV's. The level of stupidity is amazing, here I am checking for updates every night. Yes an update cancel out the enhancements you choose on your shiny new TV that can handle more then Game Mode.

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comment
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 7:37 AM, Septic_Phlegm said:

Spoiler, it will be an over the shoulder narrative third person shooter.

• Like 3