Trophy thoughts on PS5 version.

snakebit10

It looks like it is a harder list compared to the PS4 version. I remember hearing Colin Moriarty saying in a interview with Brian of PS5 trophies on YouTube that Lillymo games were working on PS5 versions of their games and they were going to change up the trophy list.

Thoughts?

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 3

Yes, they did mention the PS5 list would be different and more difficult. 

This doesn't seem TOO crazy, your typical no hit boss runs and collecting everything with a couple fun sounding challenges thrown in for good measure.

As long as you can back up your save and retry the bosses on NG+ those trophies shouldn't be too bad. 

The one trophy that really sucks is the Boost Rush mode. Doing all three in a row seems like it will lead to frustration.

Yeah, Colin has mentioned on Sacred Symbols that he wanted to make the PS5 list comically hard. Very curious about how rare this plat ends up to be.

My backlog beckons so I won't jump back into Habroxia right now... but I do really appreciate the effort they put into making a whole new trophy list for PS5!

• Like 1

Whoa! This is really cool! 

I'd definitely purchase (and hope for a physical release) due to the increased challenge. I dismissed the original list because it looked pathetic (though contemplated owning it on my Switch), but I would definitely get this. 

Maybe there's a bit of hope for challenging lists for PS5 games after all. 

Ooof, yeah, the 3 boost rush levels in a row is the plat-blocker here. Those boost rush levels were tricky enough just one at a time -- doing all 3 in a row will be an exercise in frustration.

It looks like the obvious plat route is: playthrough 1 with no upgrades, playthrough 2 with lots of upgrades, killing each boss without getting hit (and hopefully not having to back up/redownload your save file a million times in the process!!), playthrough 3 cleaning up miscellaneous trophies.

Doesn't look substantially tougher than the PS4/Vita trophy lists other than the boost rush trophy. Killing bosses without getting hit is straightforward enough -- for a good chunk of bosses people will probably get these trophies on their first try.

Edit: As pointed out below, the trophy descriptions here on PSNP when I made my comment were inaccurate. You don't have to just beat the bosses on NG+ without taking damage, but rather you have to beat the *entire levels* in NG+ without taking damage. That's uh... a whole new ballgame. Hard to say exactly, but this list is probably a 7/10 or maybe even higher.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

It looks like the obvious plat route is: playthrough 1 with no upgrades, playthrough 2 with lots of upgrades, killing each boss without getting hit (and hopefully not having to back up/redownload your save file a million times in the process!!), playthrough 3 cleaning up miscellaneous trophies.

Oh nuts, does this mean Galactic Chaos is the final boss? Doing an entire run with no upgrades just doesn't seem fun. I mean, I'm guna do it, haha, just wish it wasn't a full run.

12 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Ooof, yeah, the 3 boost rush levels in a row is the plat-blocker here. Those boost rush levels were tricky enough just one at a time -- doing all 3 in a row will be an exercise in frustration.

Doesn't look substantially tougher than the PS4/Vita trophy lists other than the boost rush trophy. Killing bosses without getting hit is straightforward enough -- for a good chunk of bosses people will probably get these trophies on their first try.

I wouldn't recommend that strategy. For the no upgrades on the final boss trophy, it would be much easier to save that for last and sell all upgrades. Rather than beating every level leading up to the final boss with no upgrades.
The no damage trophies are no joke, you need to complete the entire level on NG+, as well as the boss (without taking damage) to earn the trophy.
The hardest trophy by far in my opinion is defeating the ancient archive on NG+ without taking any damage.

6 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Oh nuts, does this mean Galactic Chaos is the final boss? Doing an entire run with no upgrades just doesn't seem fun. I mean, I'm guna do it, haha, just wish it wasn't a full run.

As stated above I wouldnt recommend that. It only requires that you beat the final boss while having no upgrades. Not that you get there with no upgrades.

I'm super excited to see how people react to this platinum list, it's our hardest yet. I'm not sure on the contest rules here so I want to clear it first. But we would love to do a contest where we give a prize to whoever can platinum the game first.

Edited by breathofwater
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, breathofwater said:

I wouldn't recommend that strategy. For the no upgrades on the final boss trophy, it would be much easier to save that for last and sell all upgrades. Rather than beating every level leading up to the final boss with no upgrades.
The no damage trophies are no joke, you need to complete the entire level on NG+, as well as the boss to earn the trophy.
The hardest trophy by far in my opinion is defeating the ancient archive on NG+ without taking any damage.

As stated above I wouldnt recommend that. It only requires that you beat the final boss while having no upgrades. Not that you get there with no upgrades.

I'm super excited to see how people react to this platinum list, it's our hardest yet. I'm not sure on the contest rules here so I want to clear it first. But we would love to do a contest where we give a prize to whoever can platinum the game first.

Wait a minute, we have to beat the entire LEVEL and the boss with no hits? You might want to change those trophy descriptions, my man! We all thought you just had to beat the boss.

And thanks for the advice on the no upgrade boss fight. Saves a lot of aggravation. 

Speaking of which, how bout that damn Boost Rush trophy? Is there an option for all three in a row? Or do we pick each one individually? Individually could be exploited with save scumming, no?

1 minute ago, yowzagabowza said:

Wait a minute, we have to beat the entire LEVEL and the boss with no hits? You might want to change those trophy descriptions, my man! We all thought you just had to beat the boss.

And thanks for the advice on the no upgrade boss fight. Saves a lot of aggravation. 

Speaking of which, how bout that damn Boost Rush trophy? Is there an option for all three in a row? Or do we pick each one individually? Individually could be exploited with save scumming, no?

We have already submitted a patch that is live that updates the descriptions to clarify this.
I don't know how often PSNProfiles updates these, but it is already live.
As for boost rush mode, this has been updated, when you finish a level now you have the choice to fly off and end the mode, or continue back into the planet for the next level.
To earn the new boost rush mode trophy you need to beat all 3 levels in a row, no exiting, no way of scumming.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, breathofwater said:

We have already submitted a patch that is live that updates the descriptions to clarify this.
I don't know how often PSNProfiles updates these, but it is already live.
As for boost rush mode, this has been updated, when you finish a level now you have the choice to fly off and end the mode, or continue back into the planet for the next level.
To earn the new boost rush mode trophy you need to beat all 3 levels in a row, no exiting, no way of scumming.

I figured as much for the Boost Rush. Up til about ten minutes ago I thought that would be the hardest trophy, haha.

I do have to say, I enjoyed this game on PS4 and was looking forward to the challenge of the new list, but doing the entire game with no hits? Oof, I dunno man. That's a lot.

3 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I figured as much for the Boost Rush. Up til about ten minutes ago I thought that would be the hardest trophy, haha.

I do have to say, I enjoyed this game on PS4 and was looking forward to the challenge of the new list, but doing the entire game with no hits? Oof, I dunno man. That's a lot.

I've done it personally about 10 times now, but its certainly a challenging feat. That's what we were going for. I should mention you are able to of course take hits to your shields, and you are invulnerable when boosting. We added new upgrades in the shop to both the orbital and bubble shield. If you are not aware with our previous patch we also made it so that when you kill an enemy by boosting through it you regain boost. So boosting through large sections of enemies is a vital skill to earn these trophies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, breathofwater said:

I've done it personally about 10 times now, but its certainly a challenging feat. That's what we were going for. I should mention you are able to of course take hits to your shields, and you are invulnerable when boosting. We added new upgrades in the shop to both the orbital and bubble shield. If you are not aware with our previous patch we also made it so that when you kill an enemy by boosting through it you regain boost. So boosting through large sections of enemies is a vital skill to earn these trophies.

Oh, ok, seems like your abilities are adjusted and that will help with the no hit runs, to kind of balance everything out and make it more doable. 

I've got it ony wishlist already!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, breathofwater said:

Boost into him.

Dammit, I keep forgetting about Boost!

Thanks for saving my time and frustration!

Edit: Jesus, you have to do the entire level without firing a shot, not just the boss. Couldn't figure out why the trophy didn't ding the first time

Edited by yowzagabowza

So with the increased difficulty overall, any new guides for Habroxia 2 now? i haven't seen a Trophy Guide & Road map but any suggestions on what upgrades to go for? 

Also @breathofwater you will be intrigued to hear but i tried used my HORI RAP 4 Arcade Stick ( works on PS3/PS4 ) on Habroxia's PS4 version but since there is only one joystick the game is unplayable but i think i could go back to the first part and play it. Enjoying the PS5 version immensely, thank you LillymoGames 

• Like 1

Personally I think it’s annoying if someone changes their trophy list dramatically. I have not played their games to my knowledge but I am sure this would frustrate me if I did.

but I can also understand that people would like it.

• Like 1