Patch 1.09 is out now (adds NXT 2.0 arena and improvements)

WorldsBestSpy

Looks like a good update, but, the section myFACTION doesnt seem to indicate any balancing for the current Asuka strat - addresses the kendo stick stuff again?

https://wwe.2k.com/patch-updates

MyFACTION 

• Improved reward icon visibility for weekly Evo challenges
  • Addressed reported concerns regarding an exploit connected to weapon baiting in Faction Wars
  • Added MyFACTION nWo Standalone cards

…plus much more.  <--------------- this seems ominous.

• Like 2

I am a little confused by the MyFaction notes.

1) Didn't they already address the exploit for weapons in Faction Wars in an earlier patch (I.e., no more Kendo stick)?  What are they doing specifically for this patch?

2) Standalone nWo cards sounds interesting.  So you can get nWo cards without getting the nWo DLC?  Maybe different superstars like Macho Man, etc.?

They did. As far as I can tell, nothing. I was still able to use Ruby Asuka, still a level 90 for submission offense.

1 thing did change and it may just be me but the AI is no longer immediately going to try breaking up a pin or submission. In 4 matches they went for it once... only after I attempted a pin first. and then tried a sub. This could be huge if it stays. And now theres a notice when you try to start another myfaction game, it says MYFACTION SERVERS ARE BUSY, TRY AGAIN. instead of the usual error. Thats pretty much it as far as MyFaction changes.

Noticed something else, which I personally think is a major positive...but I think 2K might consider this patch "breaking" something.

Just played a few Faction Wars matches to get one of the daily challenges done...the opposing team no longer runs in right away when I apply a submission. I'm literally able to win matches in seconds without the opposition trying to break it up. They do run in eventually, but I have enough time to actually get the submission off with Ruby Asuka, comfortably. 

I think this might get patched or even hotfixed...so get those wins in while it's super easy. 

51 minutes ago, AdamWolf86 said:

I tried in the current Weekly Tower Iron Man match to pick up the kendo stick and on both occasions the opponent took the weapon off me but dropped it immediately. 

oh that is not good.  I was planning on running through proving grounds or weekly towers using the kendo stick (quickly) to unlock one of the Ruby Asuka’s and then faction wars that way.

I’ll test it out later but this sounds ominous.

Out of the 5 Faction Wars I've done since the patch, the enemy AI only rushed in the ring to break up the submission twice. Even when they did, they still missed the punch to break it up and then just stood there, which is what they used to do before.

It speeds things up a bit but not masses. What kills time is not being able to play another match right away. Whatever they've done to the AI not caring looks to have carried over to Proving Grounds as I had a fatal 4 way where they didn't care that I was making the remaining opponent tap in the same ring.

I'm fine with whatever they did but I'm making the most of it.

Just tested providing grounds and it seems the kendo stick method has been patched in there now, they also seemed to of patched the exploit where you could Irish whip an opponent into the barricade and perform a light attack and they'd stay there. It was useful for AFKing iron man matches and make the handicap matches a bit easier. Maybe this has been evened out with the changes to AI's not breaking up pins and submissions as much.

22 minutes ago, SamNickzx said:

Just tested providing grounds and it seems the kendo stick method has been patched in there now, they also seemed to of patched the exploit where you could Irish whip an opponent into the barricade and perform a light attack and they'd stay there. It was useful for AFKing iron man matches and make the handicap matches a bit easier. Maybe this has been evened out with the changes to AI's not breaking up pins and submissions as much.

*looks at the last match of the current Proving Grounds tower he's on to see a handicap tornado tag*

...Bollocks.

Yeah, I played two matches of Playing Grounds.  First one I didn’t realize was a no-DQ setting (lol) but second match, they would almost always hit the kendo stick (or chair) out of my hand by just striking me.  They did grab it and hit me once but it just knocked me down and was not enough for the DQ.  They dropped it before hitting me a second time.  

As far as fewer pin interruptions, maybe that is a Faction War thing because it definitely wasn’t true in Proven Grounds.  I had a 6-man tag match and they repeatedly broke up the pin/submission, sometimes even after I knocked them on the floor.  Match went on way too long.  

Looks like I picked up the game too late to take part in the good exploits, oh well.  Hopefully a new exploit is found because me playing enough full matches to earn a Ruby Asuka is not likely based on current conditions 

Just got my last 10 wins to get to 500 in Faction Wars, Asuka method still works, although seemed a little slower or more button bashing to work (having said that, could just be cos my fingers are sore from doing it so much the last few days)   But on the plus side the AI only tried to break up the submission twice in 10 matches.

58 minutes ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

Just got my last 10 wins to get to 500 in Faction Wars, Asuka method still works, although seemed a little slower or more button bashing to work (having said that, could just be cos my fingers are sore from doing it so much the last few days)   But on the plus side the AI only tried to break up the submission twice in 10 matches.

You can turn on the hold button submissions in the main menu if you prefer -  it carries over to myfaction. the difficulty on main menu seems to also affect the faction wars ( even though it says it doesn't effect myfaction, it seems to, or at least was before this patch - not tested it since it dropped today!).

Edited by Abminate360
  • Like 1

Can confirm kendo stick is method is no longer working in Proving Grounds but I personally didnt really use it except to drive up the score in Iron Man matches. Or tornado handicap matches. I actually dont think 2k went out of their way on this, just a result of general AI behavior improvements they mentioned. But alas.. one less exploit. I actually didnt know about the barricade one, but the good thing is ive just personally havent lost the ladder matches at all anymore. Just finished up chapter 2, at 420 Faction Wars wins, im looking to be done by May. Might not even have to do all of PG depending on the RNG giving you tokens in FW.