Volcano after Wildlife Safari: Beyond Ridiculous

poetic_justice_

UPDATE: According to TheRetroManiac, there is an armory immediately to the left of the player upon spawning into level 20. I have deleted the game and am unable to confirm this. Regardless, once you spawn on level 20: Volcano, do not enter the doors directly in front of you. Instead, turn left and search for the armory. This eliminates the need to do the extra step I wrote below. Scroll down to the TheRetroManiac's video. The first fifteen seconds of the video show where to look.

OLD POST: If you complete the Level 19 (Dam) trophy, Wildlife Safari (complete the level without picking up a gun while on foot), you will start level 20 - Volcano - with no weapons. One would assume the player could stealthily melee the first enemy of the level and take his weapon. This is not the case. If you finish level 19 with no weapon, you have zero ability to melee anyone on level 20. It is literally impossible to obtain a weapon from the enemies because you have no ability to kill them. All you can do is throw rocks.

Solution: Restart the final checkpoint of level 19. From the satellite dish, head straight down the hill to the grey warehouse. Inside will be armor, health and two different assault rifles. Kill everyone you see while ascending the stairs. One will drop a rocket launcher. Now you can begin level 20 with full health, full armor, and the ability to deal damage.

Edited by poetic_justice_

Hey so i beat all the farcry games except the classic first one. Its been a while since i played them and wanted to rebeat them all except this time go for the plats as well. Is farcry classic different as far as saves go? How could you restart a certain checkpoint at the end of a level? Or is this only an option in classic? Or hows it work because i plan on going for the plat. As far as i remember all the farcry games auto save and you cant just pick a certain checkpoint to restart. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Camokidd87

Far Cry Classic allows you to select levels and then checkpoints within each level. From the main menu, select Campaign, Load Level, scroll up/down to your desired level, then tap right, scroll up/down to your desired checkpoint. You can only select checkpoints you've reached in the campaign.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Far Cry Classic allows you to select levels and then checkpoints within each level. From the main menu, select Campaign, Load Level, scroll up/down to your desired level, then tap right, scroll up/down to your desired checkpoint. You can only select checkpoints you've reached in the campaign.

Wow thats super convenient!!! Thanks alot i appreciate it!

• 2 months later...
On 19/04/2022 at 10:29 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

If you complete the Level 19 (Dam) trophy, Wildlife Safari (complete the level without picking up a gun while on foot), you will start level 20 - Volcano - with no weapons. One would assume the player could stealthily melee the first enemy of the level and take his weapon. This is not the case. If you finish level 19 with no weapon, you have zero ability to melee anyone on level 20. It is literally impossible to obtain a weapon from the enemies because you have no ability to kill them. All you can do is throw rocks.

Solution: Restart the final checkpoint of level 19. From the satellite dish, head straight down the hill to the grey warehouse. Inside will be armor, health and two different assault rifles. Kill everyone you see while ascending the stairs. One will drop a rocket launcher. Now you can begin level 20 with full health, full armor, and the ability to deal damage.

Lol when you start up this level there is an armoury on the left with weapons armour etc, so no need to do what you mentioned, I guess you just missed it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Lol when you start up this level there is an armoury on the left with weapons armour etc, so no need to do what you mentioned, I guess you just missed it.

Yeah, maybe. I've since deleted the game, so I can't double-check for the armory you're referencing. I recall that level 20, Volcano, started in a long, narrow set of corridors. I didn't see an armory, otherwise, I definitely would have used it.

1 minute ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Yeah, maybe. I've since deleted the game, so I can't double-check for the armory you're referencing. I recall that level 20, Volcano, started in a long, narrow set of corridors. I didn't see an armory, otherwise, I definitely would have used it.

You start in a small room you have a door right in front of you which is the long corridor you're referring to but on the left has the room I mentioned so saves the hassle of doing that extra step it's more is case somebody sees this they can see it so all good.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRetroManiac said:

You start in a small room you have a door right in front of you which is the long corridor you're referring to but on the left has the room I mentioned so saves the hassle of doing that extra step it's more is case somebody sees this they can see it so all good.

Thank you for posting this, and I totally agree, eliminating that extra step is helpful for anyone reading this. Since Ubisoft already mapped the beginning of the level to a straight line through narrow corridors, I wonder why Ubisoft didn't place the armory directly after that first set of doors. From what I recall, once I spawned, there was a set of doors directly in front of Jack. I went straight through them and immediately encountered enemies without possessing any weapons myself. You're saying that if the player turns left immediately after spawning that there is an armory. It would have been helpful to know that earlier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Thank you for posting this, and I totally agree, eliminating that extra step is helpful for anyone reading this. Since Ubisoft already mapped the beginning of the level to a straight line through narrow corridors, I wonder why Ubisoft didn't place the armory directly after that first set of doors. From what I recall, once I spawned, there was a set of doors directly in front of Jack. I went straight through them and immediately encountered enemies without possessing any weapons myself. You're saying that if the player turns left immediately after spawning that there is an armory. It would have been helpful to know that earlier.

Yeah, you walk forward, and you will see the door where you get into the room with all those enemies, but on the left you will see the other door with all the goods in it. I'm also pretty sure if you miss the door with the stuff and go straight forward, the door locks behind you, so you cannot go back which sucks, but I guess you could just exit to main menu load level Volcano and you can try again from the start.

Don't know why this video is so zoomed in, but you can see the door as he goes into it, the start of the video.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

Yes, Far Cry looks amazing in 4K@60fps. Ubisoft could have optimized it for PS4 Pro or PS5 and sold it for $20. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't sell due to lack of interest. idk. The story is pretty terrible, and that's basically all the game is: campaign.