NP-2068-6 Issue

RuinousOne25

So I just received this problem last night when it came to trying to sign in on the Vita.  My regular password I couldn’t use to log in because of something with a 2-step verification method.  Thing is, I don’t have the 2-step method activated for logging on and when I go on my systems.  I did activate it briefly just to get it to work (which I managed to connect), generated a password, but I deactivated it afterwards when I needed to do something on the PSN on that system.  Is there any way to fix it?  Do I have to keep 2-step verification on JUST to play on the Vita?  All of this just feels like a massive inconvenience for me.

Just had this problem too. Can't sync trophies to PSN. Tried changing password and tried turning on 2-step verification. Nothing works and I am completely locked out of updating trophies. Worked just fine when I was on the Vita store earlier but now I'm locked out of that too.

EDIT: 

I have the solution.

-click your icon in the upper right and choose "account settings" and "security"

-find the option to generate a device password and click it. It will generate a random password.

-go back to your Vita and use this special password instead of your normal password.

-it should log you in and you can use your normal password moving forward. This worked for me.

Edited by skazzzz4
More info

I did the generate password thing and it still didn’t work, only reason it doesn’t work is because I don’t have 2 step activation on at all but the system STILL thinks it’s that.

EDIT: After messing around with PSN and the 2 step thing I no longer deal with that issue now, it’s just odd you NEED to have it on just to get it to work.

Edited by RuinousOne25