Sonic Origins coming June 23rd 2022!

The_Kopite

I guess that is why it took Sega so long to work on these games they were too busy trying to figure out how to monetize it.
 How does one version not have everything? I am really hoping I am wrong here and hope that is fake.

By the way I only see the $40 version of the game available for pre-order currently so I don't know

Edited by Nightstream88
  • Like 1

Nice to see this finally get a release date, it feels like it was over a year that it was originally announced?

Genuinely looking forward to playing all these classics again, especially Sonic 3 and Knuckles since the last time that was made available on a modern system was the Sega Mega Drive collection on the PS3/360 I believe.

Pity that it seems to be digital only, but not surprising. I'll definitely be getting it eventually, though will lately wait on a sale since it's digital. Will also be keeping my fingers crossed for an eventual physical, like Sonic Mania got.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exeshow678 said:

oh man, I freaking loved Sonic 2 when i was little (playing the HD mobile version on my tablet, I aint that old) and SONIC 3?!?!?!

sign me UP RIGHT NOW, here's hoping there's a plat, but im fine with 100% it

I reckon it'll get a plat, especially with 4 games with features like a mission and gallery mode.

Either way I'm SO HYPED.

• Like 3

Other than Sonic 3, these games have been released and re-released several times now...I'm quite surprised how board with this people are right now (and other game and people are slinging shit at it). And that whole Editions road map is an absolute joke. 

These games are iconic...but I really hope Sonic Frontiers works out. We need a new Sonic game that actually good instead of relying of these 4 games all the damn time. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

If its physical, day 1. If not, forget it. 

The store page for Sonic Origins does say that "Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version." I'm not entirely sure if this is a default PSN message, but could this mean that there is a physical copy coming?

Overall Very hyped for these modern ports, especially an HD version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles!!

Does anyone remember back when this came out? Looks like it's finally gonna become a reality haha

Edited by Arido
Fixed wording pertaining to the physical copy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Arido said:

The store page for Sonic Origins does say that "Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version." I'm not entirely sure if this is a default PSN message, but could this mean that there is a physical copy coming?

Overall Very hyped for these modern ports, especially an HD version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles!!

Does anyone remember back when this came out? Looks like it's finally gonna become a reality haha

They've confirmed on Twitter that it's only digital for the time being, that's just a default message.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LewNazWar said:

They've confirmed on Twitter that it's only digital for the time being, that's just a default message.

Awww, missed opportunity...

Origins looks quite nice to be honest, it kinda reminds me of Mega Collection in a way, but modern.

ss6_1920.webp

• Like 2

In comparison to the TMNT: Cowabunga Collection, The Castlevania Collection and even The Lion King and Aladdin collection - This compilation of 5 whole games is rip off to me. 

Where's the Game Gear and Master system versions of Sonic games??? It's so underwhelming to me. Dropping the ball there SEGA...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, the_real_culture said:

In comparison to the TMNT: Cowabunga Collection, The Castlevania Collection and even The Lion King and Aladdin collection - This compilation of 5 whole games is rip off to me. 

Where's the Game Gear and Master system versions of Sonic games??? It's so underwhelming to me. Dropping the ball there SEGA...

Although I agree that it's a shame we're not getting more games, à la Mega Collection Plus / Gems Collection, there should be a distinction made that these aren't just straight ports but instead recreations of the games in Taxman's Retro Engine. 

Hopefully down the line we see more compilations though!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Awesome, but sucks they’re locking stuff that should be included behind a paywall. Still getting it, though.

Yep. I was going to applaud them for not bringing the “Supergame initiative” here and monetize every little thing but seems like it’s starting here with Sonic. Difference is this game is full price and Crazy Taxi & JSRF will be free to play with MTX. So for Sonic, modes, missions, character animations, and camera controls (!) are  locked behind DLC. Camera controls? That’s got to be a first. Here’s the list (though some may be able to be unlocked through normal play):

The following are locked behind each DLC:

START DASH PACK

• 100 Bonus Coins
  • Mirror Mode unlocked
  • Letterbox Background (Mega Drive design)

PREMIUM FUN PACK

• Hard Missions (11 in total)
  • Letterbox Backgrounds (10 designs)
  • Character animations on the Main Menu
  • Camera controls over the Main Menu islands
  • Character animations during Music islands

CLASSIC MUSIC PACK

• Additional music tracks from Mega Drive / Genesis titles (73 tracks from Sonic Spinball, Chaotix and Sonic 3D Blast)
  • Like 1