TERA Official PC Server Shutdown - June 30, 2022 / Console Version Unknown As To How It Will Be Affected

POEman553

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

If you login everyday to unlock items can a trophy unlock? Thanks! 

I'm pretty sure that no, the first trophy will unlock at level 10, but it takes a few quests to get there. If you only create a character, DON'T skip the tutorial, and just log in every day, you should be good. I think you actually need to claim the prize everyday, so don't forget to go to the menu everyday

1 hour ago, Warpedsavior said:

So how troublesome is it to get the boss trophies currently? In regards to needing to get the first hit on them that is. I’m thinking of possibly starting this soon. 

I got all of them except 1 in a day, had to wait for 12h for divine reaver to spawn. As I said above travel journal is your friend, save boss's location and check every hour or so and you will probably be the first to encounter it :). One good thing to note is that they are farmed for loot by some players, so if you see someone attack them first, try to team up with them before they kill it (go to the player and hold options to invite them to a group), boss kill will still count for you this way.

edit so someone doesn't get fucked over, apparently you SHOUDLN'T skip the tutorial

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

I got all of them except 1 in a day, had to wait for 12h for divine reaver to spawn. As I said above travel journal is your friend, save boss's location and check every hour or so and you will probably be the first to encounter it :). One good thing to note is that they are farmed for loot by some players, so if you see someone attack them first, try to team up with them before they kill it (go to the player and hold options to invite them to a group), boss kill will still count for you this way.

That doesn’t sound too bad at all. I was a bit worried about the boss trophies considering that the PC version is shutting down. Looks like I’ll be starting TERA sometime in May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

If you login everyday to unlock items can a trophy unlock? Thanks! 

Be very cautious about this when you start the game if you don't want any trophies to unlock while you claim daily login rewards!

After you create a new character, the game will prompt you to either play through a tutorial or skip it. If you skip the tutorial the game will automatically level up your character to level 10 and unlock the Level 10 trophy right away. However, if you do NOT skip the tutorial, you will load in as a level 1 character and gonna be able to claim the rewards right away.

Tested this myself last week.

• Like 1

That event to give the lv. 65 scroll ends the 12th, which is a shame if you didn't start logging in until recently (like myself). I don't recall the game being TOO grindy, but how long does it usually take to close the gap between lv. 40 and 65? I hardly did what I needed to do, but I got to 40 really easily to get myself Reaper back then.

On 27/04/2022 at 6:14 PM, Warpedsavior said:

So how troublesome is it to get the boss trophies currently? In regards to needing to get the first hit on them that is. I’m thinking of possibly starting this soon. 

@Warpedsavior, If you join mid boss, invite the players that are killing the boss and be sure to be in the same group as them. Try to hit the boss at least one time, just to be safe, but you don´t need to hit the boss for getting the trophy. You need to see the boss health and be in the same area before the boss in the moment that boss are killed and the boss will probably count for you. They are two bosses that i didn´t hit and did count for me. The bosses has some in game FEATS, even if you don´t hit the boss, you still gonna get the Feat, no every boss ass Feat, so don´t worry if you don´t get the feat because i did with a friend, has some bosses that i got FEAT and my friend didn´t got and vice-versa.

Some boss takes like 2 to 5 hours to spawn, so you gonna need lucky to get there and they are there but you can wait and change the chanel(some areas has chanel 1 and 2 only, but some others areas like the first one has 6 chanels, a few has 3 chanels) maybe the boss wasn´t killed in other chanels. So create a sheet or notepad and keep track the ones that you need and you gonna get the trophy soon.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and i'll try to help. 

Edited by UserNameButcher
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, UserNameButcher said:

@Warpedsavior, If you join mid boss, you still gonna get the Feat, no every boss ass Feat, so don´t worry if you don´t get the feat. Try to hit the boss at least one time, just to be safe, but you don´t need to hit the boss for getting the trophy. You need to see the boss health and be in the same area before the boss are killed and the boss will count for you. Two bosses i didn´t hit and did count for me.

This is ONLY true if you’re in a group with other people killing a boss. I boosted with someone who started killing the lvl 68 dragon and somehow when two other players joined in, my boosting partner didn’t end up getting credit for the kill. 

Also, there are in game lists for the final two trophies-under the character and feats menu I think-called “Rule Arun” & “Rule Southern Shara” that will tell you how many of the needed bosses for that continent you’ve successfully killed. Successfully killed bosses show up green, I believe, others show up as gray. 

1 hour ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

This is ONLY true if you’re in a group with other people killing a boss. I boosted with someone who started killing the lvl 68 dragon and somehow when two other players joined in, my boosting partner didn’t end up getting credit for the kill. 

Also, there are in game lists for the final two trophies-under the character and feats menu I think-called “Rule Arun” & “Rule Southern Shara” that will tell you how many of the needed bosses for that continent you’ve successfully killed. Successfully killed bosses show up green, I believe, others show up as gray. 

Yep, we was in the same group if have other person playing you invite to join the group. I did that for Divine Reaver and Tempest Kanash, did have other people fighting i sent group request they joined and still count for me and i didn´t even hit Divine Reaver and still count for me.

I can´t say for what reason that didn´t count for you boosting partner, probably the reason you stated because you´re didn´t are in the same group and without saying the game is really bug as well. I got some Feats and my friend didn´t get and vice-versa. But in the end we got the last Feat for both regions “Rule Arun” & “Rule Southern Shara” at the same time.

I can ONLY confirm what happened from my side, don´t have any reason to be giving any false information. But thanks for complementing about the group options i forget to say that in my post. I´ll edit my previous post with this information as well.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I just heard about the upcoming server shutdown, so I wanted to get back into the game in order to finish up the plat'. I played the game for a while back in may 2020 and got up to level 53 or so. So I just downloaded the 15GB update and launched the game and.......... My character is gone. Disappeared. Vanished. Nowhere to be found.

So, I'm pretty annoyed at the moment. Or angry, maybe. It looks like that disappearance may be linked to some kind of server migration (or whatever) that happened in november 2020 (Gameforge?). I never received any e-mail about it though. Anyway, I sent a message to the customer support, but I don't really expect to get my character back.

As of current informations, only the PC version (servers provided by Gameforge) is shutting down in two weeks, not the Console version (servers provided by KRAFTON).

I don't know if KRAFTON deletes inactive accounts or their characters, if they haven't logged in in a long time.