Circuit experiences

Janire1911

What would you say are the easiest tracks to get all gold? Personally I've got all tracks at least bronze and I've managed to get all gold so far on:

• Interlagos
  • Monza
  • Spa
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Tsukuba
  • Blue Moon Speedway
  • Broad Bean Raceway
  • Northern Isle Speedway

Blue Moon Bay, Broad Bean and Northern Isle were trivial. Tsukuba was also very easy and Interlagos and Monza didn't pose any difficulties either. Spa was also on the easier side, probably because I spent a good amount of time there trying to gold S-10 so I knew the track well. Red Bull Ring was probably the hardest to get all gold on but I think that was mainly because I accidentally had controller sensitivity set to -2.

High Speed Ring seems to be very difficult to get gold on the full lap, I spent over two hours grinding it but the best I could manage was a 1:04.494 with the gold time being 1:04:300. Overall I'd say that the difficulty of the circuit experiences varies wildly and the harder ones seem to be much more difficult than any of the license tests.

• Like 1

I haven't come across any that have given me too much trouble

- Interlagos took 26km of driving in total (sectors + full lap)

- Took a few goes to get sector 2 at Deep Forest, but otherwise easy

- Daytona was pretty straightforward if you can get the first corner and bus stop sorted.

- High Speed Ring - easy once you realise the high line on the final corner is way quicker than the low one.

Yet to try Laguna Seca, Le Mans or Nurburgring though, which I've read in various places are a bit tougher. I'm normally pretty good at the Ring, so looking forward to that challenge.

6 hours ago, barra333 said:

I haven't come across any that have given me too much trouble

- Interlagos took 26km of driving in total (sectors + full lap)

- Took a few goes to get sector 2 at Deep Forest, but otherwise easy

- Daytona was pretty straightforward if you can get the first corner and bus stop sorted.

- High Speed Ring - easy once you realise the high line on the final corner is way quicker than the low one.

Yet to try Laguna Seca, Le Mans or Nurburgring though, which I've read in various places are a bit tougher. I'm normally pretty good at the Ring, so looking forward to that challenge.

I found Le Mans to be by far the toughest - the last sector specifically. Can't remember much from Laguna Seca and I know the Ring quite well, so it didn't giv e me much trouble either.

Edited by J_Chmielinski
  • Like 1

Ovals should be easy, Interlagos too, Spa, Monza and Red Bull Ring are quite easy as well.

On the other hand, in my experience (only Nurburgring and St. Croix left to gold), the hardest for me are Le Mans, first sector of Sardenya road track, first sector of Suzuka and Autopolis. Deep Forest, Laguna Seca and Catalunya are difficult too due the cars.

First and eight sectors on Nurburgring are quite hard too, I get all sectors gold but in my only completed lap I am 12 seconds behind gold...

St. Croix is a pain, at least for controller, the Bugatti is strange to drive.

Edit: On reddit there is a list quite accurate regarding the difficulty of the circuit experience, search "Circuit Experiences Listed by Difficulty (my opinion)" created by the user u/Iphroget

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

Interlagos is by far the easiest, I think. Didn't need more than 2-3 tries on each sector, about 20km in total for all sectors and the full lap.

Daytona I found was easy, nürburgring too, red bull, the ovals, the short kyoto track.

There are quite a few that are rather easy compared to others that are just stupid difficult.

Most of the time for me it's just one sector that is very difficult for no reason. Suzuka sector 1 or Fuji sector 3, Laguna Seca full lap, high speed ring full lap, for example. On many well known tracks I can gold most sectors (and even a full lap) after maybe 3-4 tries and then spend an hour+ on that one sector that has a ridiculous (compared to the rest of the track) gold time.

Sometimes the car just sucks, which makes it more difficult than it needs to be. Audi R8 on deep forest, Peugeot on le mans, BMW on nordschleife...

The simpler the track, the more difficult it can be.  Since the track is easy, they really tighten the time requirements, requiring a near perfect run to pass.

On the longer, more difficult tracks, it can actually be easier, since it seems they give you more of a leeway with the overall time requirements.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

And it's also the most fun way to earn credits without doing the same race repeatedly.

This. Many times this. 

I cannot understand the folks obsessed with grinding money at Tokyo when there are more than enough credits available in CE to get the plat, with plenty to spare for playing around. All before you consider the credits earned for just playing the game.

• Like 3

I got gold on all circuits except for the time attacks on Le Mans and Nurburgring (1.2 seconds behind) the BMW M6 GT3 in Nurburgring with 0TCS is crazy, you just can't go full throttle otherwise the car just kills you ?

but the game mode is so much fun, you can get the money required for the three legendary cars trophy just by playing Circuit Experience. No need to grind like crazy if you get gold consistently on most circuits.

Edit:

I just got gold on Nurburgring using the settings that @Steven-Spiegel mentioned on this thread. I managed to get a 6:37:701 even with messing a few corners! Gracias amigo ?

Edit 2:

Got gold on the last circuit that I was missing (La Sarthe) so now I got gold on all tracks! ?

Edited by NetoStyle
  • Like 4

Just got Daytona all gold, had a bit of trouble with the last sector but got full lap gold on my second attempt.

19 hours ago, J_Chmielinski said:

I found Le Mans to be by far the toughest - the last sector specifically.

Le Mans last sector was pure murder, I spent an hour before I even managed to get bronze. I just couldn't get to grips with the car. I don't think I'm gonna try getting all golds on Le Mans any time soon.

I really enjoy the circuit experiences. The gold times seem perfectly crafted to my skill level. The amount of times I’m within 0.1s of the gold time and then it takes me another 20 attempts to shave off the last tenth has been amazing. Controller bitingly frustrating in the moment but extra satisfying after. Plus bonus that you now get a ton of cash as well. Just a shame that there aren’t many viable races to earn cash too. There should be some sort of first time clear bonus that would make them worthwhile and also not exploitable.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

I got gold on all circuits except for the time attacks on Le Mans and Nurburgring (1.2 seconds behind) the BMW M6 GT3 in Nurburgring with 0TCS is crazy, you just can't go full throttle otherwise the car just kills you 1f605.png

but the game mode is so much fun, you can get the money required for the three legendary cars trophy just by playing Circuit Experience. No need to grind like crazy if you get gold consistently on most circuits.

Just got gold on Nurburgring, I had to use TC 1, slower but safer, brake balance 5, abs default, nothing else despite lots of patience and perseverance.

On Le Mans I had to use ASM on, Counter Steering light, TC 0, ABS default and Brake Balance 5. With this settings the last corners were so much manegable, at least for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Just got gold on Nurburgring, I had to use TC 1, slower but safer, brake balance 5, abs default, nothing else despite lots of patience and perseverance.

On Le Mans I had to use ASM on, Counter Steering light, TC 0, ABS default and Brake Balance 5. With this settings the last corners were so much manegable, at least for me.

I'll try with those settings that you mentioned, thank you man!

Congrats for those golds man, those two circuits are very challenging! ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Le Mans last sector was pure murder, I spent an hour before I even managed to get bronze. I just couldn't get to grips with the car. I don't think I'm gonna try getting all golds on Le Mans any time soon.

Yeah, it probably took me a good 1-1.5 hours to gold that sector. Afterwards the whole lap was significantly easier.

6 hours ago, ellileon said:

A few curcuits are really hard! Really fun to gold them all. I'm at the moment at 86% on gold, but Le Mans & Laguna Seca are damn hard.

To bad that this is not needed for the Platin. Would have made the platin rare.

PD should've brought back the 'Gold Standard' trophy from GT5

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

I agree. Or at least 'gold all mission races' and 'gold all circuit experiences' trophies (or bronze them if you want it to be accessible). I don't particularly like trophy lists that let you skip huge parts of the game. 

• Like 4

Got Dragon Trail Gardens and Blue Moon Speedway Infield done today, both were quite easy and only required a few attempts. I then again decided to try High Speed Ring but I just can't string together a good enough lap for gold, my best time is still almost 0.2 seconds too slow. I've tried watching the demonstration video and trying different assist settings but nothing seems to work. I don't know if the gold time is actually that difficult or if I'm just missing something.

• Like 1

I have done all American and couple of European tracks, including Nordschlefe. Right now, the hardest one is definitely Nordschleife, it took me 2 days of retrying it. I have done it with TCS: 1 and ASM on (car is very stable but still can spin if you overdo the acceleration). In American tracks, Laguna Seca was the hardest one too, it took me good 3-4 hours with no assists to do it. I still have to do LeMans, but I doubt it will be as hard as Nordschleife, will see.

The easiest ones? Definitely ovals and rally ones, you have big margin for mistakes here, also Interlagos, Nurburgring, Blue Moon, BB, Dragon Trail. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Got Dragon Trail Gardens and Blue Moon Speedway Infield done today, both were quite easy and only required a few attempts. I then again decided to try High Speed Ring but I just can't string together a good enough lap for gold, my best time is still almost 0.2 seconds too slow. I've tried watching the demonstration video and trying different assist settings but nothing seems to work. I don't know if the gold time is actually that difficult or if I'm just missing something.

Yes, High Speed Ring was difficult for me too. The key was the last turn, follow the demo line on the outside to maximize speed out.

On 22/04/2022 at 3:46 PM, DogFoRaw5 said:

Yep, this made GT5 platinum a real challenge and rewarding.

The fact you don’t need to Gold all circuits experiences, missions and race events makes this one a walk in the park.

• Like 2